Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I wonder if they are original 18" turbo twists?

I always thought it cheap of Porsche not to build left and right side versions of these wheels.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/macedon-ranges/cars-vans-utes/bargain-18k-this-week-only-porsche-928s-coupe/1115081384  has anyone seen this? 

Pretty cool car 85 S pretty desirable. Love the colours too! If your in the market guys? Good buy?

Hard to say anymore, 928 prices are all over the place.... Although there are a few around this price point. Strange way to advertise a car, list it for $25k and in the same add say it is on sale for $18k, even though it is a new add??!

I think he may be wrong with his claim of HP though and bagging out the 86 model. From what I understand the 85 model in Australia was detuned (lower compression) to 275 hp, I presume due to our poor fuel - someone correct me if I am wrong??

"Special two-valve 4.7 L engine (9.3:1 c/r) option M151 for Australia. Compression change was done with different shape piston tops. Coupled only with automatic transmission. Engine number is same M28/22 as the high-compression 2-valve engines."

I think he may be wrong with his claim of HP though and bagging out the 86 model. From what I understand the 85 model in Australia was detuned (lower compression) to 275 hp, I presume due to our poor fuel - someone correct me if I am wrong??

"Special two-valve 4.7 L engine (9.3:1 c/r) option M151 for Australia. Compression change was done with different shape piston tops. Coupled only with automatic transmission. Engine number is same M28/22 as the high-compression 2-valve engines."

M151 was indeed lower compression (200kw) ; refer https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/928s83-86/

But he sounds like he has a special wishes head?

I've got the best of both worlds, so mine goes like a stabbed rat not a scalded cat. And because of the different firing order , 928s sound quite different to most "US muscle cars" he mentions in the ad. But similar to a Ford with the Windsor. Small points , interesting , but important to get right in the anorak club.

Edited by tazzieman

M151 was indeed lower compression (200kw) ; refer https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/928s83-86/

But he sounds like he has a special wishes head?

I've got the best of both worlds, so mine goes like a stabbed rat not a scalded cat. And because of the different firing order , 928s sound quite different to most "US muscle cars" he mentions in the ad. But similar to a Ford with the Windsor. Small points , interesting , but important to get right in the anorak club.

I just wrote a long rant about all that is wrong with this add, but that goes against my "keeping a smile" for the moment.... so I deleted it :)

It is a nice looking car that appears to be in good condition and may well be worth the asking, just sell it on facts and not BS!

If I were still in the market I'd be on a plane with a bag full.

Australian car, super low km's, manual, great color combo, how much again for an 82 911 in a similar state?

It'll be gone, quickly.

SOLD.

SOLD.

Would be good if it did sell for a good amount - does not "not available" just mean the add has been removed? I thought "Sold" come up on ones that have sold - well it has for me in the past.... any who I am off to increase my insurance cover!!

SOLD.

that was a bargain, if I was at home I would have been interested in that, what's the bet it surfaces at Duttons or CTS for $90k

I am going to look at a 79 manual with 50000 original miles this Friday in Houston - the guy wants $56000 USD but the car is mint. Will keep you posted.....

early LHD 928 has cool factor if you ask me....

This car was for sale about 18mths ago in Perth, if I'm not mistaken (The C2S twin grill on the back jolted my memory) 

Thought it had (back then) an aftermarket exhaust and suspension.

Owner at that stage indicated he was going offshore. Thought the sticker price then was 129K   - don't know what it eventually sold for

This car was for sale about 18mths ago in Perth, if I'm not mistaken (The C2S twin grill on the back jolted my memory) 

Thought it had (back then) an aftermarket exhaust and suspension.

Owner at that stage indicated he was going offshore. Thought the sticker price then was 129K   - don't know what it eventually sold for

Would be good if it did sell for a good amount - does not "not available" just mean the add has been removed? I thought "Sold" come up on ones that have sold - well it has for me in the past.... any who I am off to increase my insurance cover!!

Are you sure I didn't buy it?

Evening Gents

Things are a little tense on the home front and I have been "kindly" asked by my wife to sell my 911SC by the end of the weekend (or else...)

Price dropped significantly as I value the ongoing companionship of my lovely wife: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1113887192 

The car needs some serious love. $26K is firm. 

PM if interested. 

BTW - I accept I have opened myself up for an onslaught of heckle and banter. I humbly welcome it. 

Evening Gents

Things are a little tense on the home front and I have been "kindly" asked by my wife to sell my 911SC by the end of the weekend (or else...)

Price dropped significantly as I value the ongoing companionship of my lovely wife: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1113887192 

The car needs some serious love. $26K is firm. 

PM if interested. 

BTW - I accept I have opened myself up for an onslaught of heckle and banter. I humbly welcome it. 

Paddingtons not what it used to be. Bloody wreckers yard! That yellow 912 with holes in its engine was spotted ágain rusting away on a street corner the other week.