Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It used to be road registered and spent a lot of time in Sydney with the prior owner.  They guys at PR know it.

Now you mention it, I do remember this car. It is a total weapon. Reinforces my view that at the price, it is a great buy for the right person. Which I had the money.

When setting a new price point for a 928 in Australia they could at least take some decent photos.  Sorry, my whinge for the day.

Nice looking car but it could be presented so much better to really attract attention.

Nice car, but $129k no. Maybe overseas....

"The best and last of the 928 GTS line!" clearly forgot about the 95 model....

When setting a new price point for a 928 in Australia they could at least take some decent photos.  Sorry, my whinge for the day.

Nice looking car but it could be presented so much better to really attract attention.

Yeah for $120k it needs to jump off the screen!!

I think it presents great value.

Hopeful of driving your price up a bit... ;)

The $75k one with only slightly more km has not shifted.....

Don't get me wrong they are great cars and I would love one and love to see it get a high price, just sadly I think not in this country.

A 38000km 94 GTS manual sold in the US for $176k AUS  in march this year!!

Edited by ANF

May not be safe to assume it's for sale.  I actually don't know but there are many cars in that Aladdin's Cave that are there for reasons other than for being for sale.

I'd be surprised if it is for sale, its a much loved and cared for car that's for sure! 

Not sure I have seen this before, and I am not at all sure what to make of it. $85k for an SC seems steep, but do the body and interior mods add or subtract value?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1978/SSE-AD-4159747/?Cr=52

Plus.... <rant mode> WTF is going on with the steering wheel photo? Is that lazy, stupid or am I missing something?

1994 968 club sport 
Australian delivered numbers match. A good example with no evidence of racing or club work. Has books and history of work that has been carried out over the last few years. Alpine stereo upgrade along with hardback white matching recaros. Has new steering wheel and gear knob. Original seats and stereo come with car also a factory car cover. 202290 km on the clock  

Apparently looks and drives like a 50,000km car

Is that the Ex John Bowe 968 by any chance? 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hahndorf/cars-vans-utes/1974-porsche-911-convertible/1119256101?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=other

It's baaaaack!!!

Not sure I have seen this before, and I am not at all sure what to make of it. $85k for an SC seems steep, but do the body and interior mods add or subtract value?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1978/SSE-AD-4159747/?Cr=52

Plus.... <rant mode> WTF is going on with the steering wheel photo? Is that lazy, stupid or am I missing something?

As the owner of a soon to be superb SC, I think $85k is very reasonable. Just ask me.

Maybe 1 of 58,000 ..... but is also only 1 of 52 delivered in Aus in 1981 (and we all know that Aus delivered ones carry a premium here)

Not saying it's worth $120k by any stretch of the imagination, (and it doesn't even have a tail) but can't group it with ROW sales.

Edited by Dreamr

As the owner of a soon to be superb SC, I think $85k is very reasonable. Just ask me.

Agreed. Everything if done properly starts to add up. $85,000 sounds like a lot on paper  but in reality it's more of a lick of paint , few parts ,some cold air and a tank of fuel. Way past this point with my own SC

Did anyone here pick up that Blue 964 C2 tip from Gumtree this week. I had a call from the guy confirming its sold. Good pick up , hopefully a forum member got that deal. 

I love the 968CS but ultimately they are the same car mechanically/power wise as the standard 968 (unless they have the M030 and/or M220 options which they don't all have and by all accounts you could fit as an aftermarket option).

Yes the standard 2 seaters have the roll cage and some have the moulded Recaros, but $85k is very steep IMHO...

I love the 968CS but ultimately they are the same car mechanically/power wise as the standard 968 (unless they have the M030 and/or M220 options which they don't all have and by all accounts you could fit as an aftermarket option).

Yes the standard 2 seaters have the roll cage and some have the moulded Recaros, but $85k is very steep IMHO...

what do you think it's worth? Bear in mind the CTS one sold for close to $100k