Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It's time for someone to snap up the 996 Millennium Edition in QLD with 94K on the clock, IMS done and now asking under $50K. #unbeatablevalue

I love those cars - Ron Burgandy drove one in Anchor Man.. Porsche infused the leather with tobacco..

And the 997-ll prices are holding up why?.. this is a peach:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2012/SSE-AD-4605564

I know this car quite well. though had thought  it had panels etc.

another opportunity and dilemma. Though as per my previous questions on the other possibly dodgy 71 on gumtree what's it worth.  Or what is now the typical buy in price on a longhood VIN? 

I would have to suggest between the $25K to $30K range. These figures are based on what has been asked and traded. I also consider these values 'fair' due to the fact of a complete car in good condition to be offered around the $200K range, therefore the purchase of the VIN plus the build to go out to $100K is a good position.

Just like land, they don't make it anymore.......It's only worth what someone is willing to pay/can afford :ph34r:

Quick flip? Isn't this the same car sold last week on Gray's online?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4611896?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

looks like it owes him $80k so some risk maybe if its low on history but even if an offer at $90k was accepted its low cost 911 long hood ownership... personally I would be happy with a Targa long hood just depends on how much of a bitsa it is

SWB from LWB might be one thingB)

youre saying this car was a swb but has since been turned into lwb ?  No wonder he is selling and not returning to original

Page 959 is about to turn, and like a teenage boy on his first date, im having trouble containing my excitement. 

Here is my contribution to the horror story.

http://byronbayspeedshop.com/2017/02/22/are-these-the-ugliest-porsche-959-replica-ever-built/

And a preview......9716130d749525108ec4821348a1cd2e.jpg

Need some experienced advice from this group please.

I am a new comer here but a long term Porsche fan.

Trying to get my first Porsche now that the kids are done etc.

Found a 2003 996TT Auto silver with 31K at Ferrari Maserati Sydney. Flew down looked at it drove it liked it put a deposit on it. Following day asked for a PPI to be included on the contract (Was still in the cooling off period).

PPI has raised issues with an engine oil leak to be investigated, bump stops and top struts t be changed on suspension, horn not working, old tyres, engine mount sag, sweaty radiators. Few other minor issues with window seals, door trims and wiper blades.

Good compression and cylinder leak tests.

After pledging lots of support the dealer is cooling their heels for the last 12 days (people on leave and now case with owner of dealership).

Whats the feeling from the group. The car is not cheap (>120) so I expect everything to be fixed. I am attracted by the mileage but keeping a cool head about the potential costs in the medium term.

Would value some sage advice.....

Found a 2003 996TT Auto silver with 31K at Ferrari Maserati Sydney. Flew down looked at it drove it liked it put a deposit on it. Following day asked for a PPI to be included on the contract (Was still in the cooling off period).

PPI has raised issues with an engine oil leak to be investigated, bump stops and top struts t be changed on suspension, horn not working, old tyres, engine mount sag, sweaty radiators. Few other minor issues with window seals, door trims and wiper blades.

After pledging lots of support the dealer is cooling their heels for the last 12 days (people on leave and now case with owner of dealership).

Whats the feeling from the group. The car is not cheap (>120) so I expect everything to be fixed. I am attracted by the mileage but keeping a cool head about the potential costs in the medium term.

I would think the dealer isn't inclined to fix it if they haven't given you an indication one way or the other by now.

Ask for your deposit. 

Edited by firstone

apart from the horn, I don't think the dealer is going to fix any of that. It's a 14yr old car, have a read of the fine print on the contract. Best you can do is negotiate a slightly better price and 'monitor' these issues yourself

Another reason why PPI should have been done prior to making your offer on the car!

If PPI is part of the sales contract (and I would imagine it is) then you should not give it (unless you prefer to spend another 20k out of your pocket fixing things)

I would get an independent quotation (from the garage that did your PPI) on rectifying all of the issues. If they are not prepared to fix it or discount the price, you could then make an informed decision on whether to walk away or pay for it out of your own pocket. Either way, you are in control!

I am sure more knowledgeable guys over here will chime in.

Welcome to the forum!

I am a bit surprised that the dealer had somehow overlooked all these items..... as others have said decide if you want to fix yourself and ask fior a better price or walk away if they do not fix. By law I think they would need to fix anything that would make the car un-roadworthy, the rest they should but no guarantee they will.....

Good luck!

Edited by ANF