Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

So 1 of these or 10 of the 912

Can't use the quality over quantity argument, but certainly 1 GT3 over 10 912's... Bargain hard enough maybe you could buy a 912 with the change?

I'd take the RS mate! Not that I am in a position to buy either at present.

But seriously a 997 RS would be a good car to buy within next few years... Not sure that the values will be inflated as much as the US currently has mind you...

Its temping, anyone here game enough to inquire?  :ph34r:  ;)

Interesting, what's it worth fellas? $75k would seem reasonable if as good as it looks and if it was registered/RWC. Discount for the mystery/no rego?

It's not a whole lot more than I recently sold my good but not perfect 964 for. Seems incredible you can get into a 530hp 996 turbo for not a lot more. I have heard that they're not that much "fun" to drive. One of the school dads owned a 996 turbo S for a short time (dealer) and said it wasn't that exciting despite being very fast.

Uncle is that like your Boxster?

Risk takers make up a good percentage, the rest are either enthusiasts or insanely wealthy. You've got to have big brass balls or very deep pockets to say goodbye to $200k in 3 years on a car. Everyone has a different pain threshold I guess.

As to how each buyer can afford their 911, well who really knows? I do know some humble 911 owners who put everything they have in to the experience, and others to whom its just spare change. They are all linked by the common thread of 911 ownership, and thats all that matters. Or as one wise man said, work out what you want, and then work out how to earn enough to get it. Sounds easy!

I try to dodge the depreciation by buying rare, used 911's, and i would strongly advise any prospective owner to do the same, but the lure of the new captivates many. Or as another wise man once said, its only expensive if you cant afford it!

Its temping, anyone here game enough to inquire?  :ph34r:  ;)

I'm tempted....buying before selling mine may not go down too well though.  Been trying to think of the best way to frame the concept to the missus.....  I'm thinking of going with "yeah but for the money i wanna spend on mods and upgrades on mine I could swap to this and be in for the same money...plus, it's a mezger, plus it's a turbo, plus it's got Ruf bits, plus........."

Interesting, what's it worth fellas? $75k would seem reasonable if as good as it looks and if it was registered/RWC. Discount for the mystery/no rego?

It's not a whole lot more than I recently sold my good but not perfect 964 for. Seems incredible you can get into a 530hp 996 turbo for not a lot more. I have heard that they're not that much "fun" to drive. One of the school dads owned a 996 turbo S for a short time (dealer) and said it wasn't that exciting despite being very fast.

One of the school dads probably had a dud car, this is my fourth P car and have to say by far the best.

Besides there is turbo lag with the 'S' version which detracts instant throttle response and ultimately end enjoyment.

From my experience the best and most sorted 996TT models are MY03 or newer, non 'S' variants and manual. 

Jim forgive my ignorance, but what's better about 03 on relative to this 01 model?

Googled ruf 996s - over 800Nm, 0-62 mph in 3.7, 0-100mph in 8, quarter mile 11.4 and over 200mph. Serious performance for $6x,000

Jim forgive my ignorance, but what's better about 03 on relative to this 01 model?

No problems, the main difference is the 25% stiffer chassis, they really do feel more planted and seat of the pants feel.

I drove a few 2001-02 models and they felt pretty mushy and not as connected as the later ones.

Plus more standard features which were options on the earlier models, hollow wheels, better gear box, bose sound just to mention a few.

OK...I just tried it on the wife... she didn't say "YES, get it!"....but she didn't specifically say no either....  I can work with that!  

Cook her a nice dinner to sit down and eat while you talk it over - I find that always helps.  ;)

GT3 may require flowers in addition to dinner as it only has the 2 seats (not family friendly!) GO SON! 

How many GT3s were sold in Australia?  I had always thought they were relatively rare, but they seem to be popping up quite regularly.  It really does seem like the 'early millenium' model to own, a true collectible for the future.

Sort of. It's fun but not as hard to drive as a 400rwhp 1,000kg 911. i just don't get that sense of doom I seem to enjoy so much.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-912-1967/SSE-AD-2837776/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

He has changed the advert to "offers over $25000".

I find this sort of selling, a bit annoying.. especially after the original listing was just $25000.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-912-1967/SSE-AD-2837776/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

He has changed the advert to "offers over $25000".

I find this sort of selling, a bit annoying.. especially after the original listing was just $25000.

well thats boring - should put it on ebay  - still surprised it hasnt sold - though probably the owner is more surprised he (may) underpriced it...significantly

well thats boring - should put it on ebay  - still surprised it hasnt sold - though probably the owner is more surprised he (may) underpriced it...significantly

I'm not surprised it has not sold.   He has not responded to any phone call or email of mine……so my chequebook has slowly closed.  Too bad for him, this is not the place to be auctioning something like that.    I think it is a dumb move - but I have been wrong in the past