Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Sure is a nice looking car and I like it without a wing as well. Being an import probably mostly depends on condition underneath and paint quality and how long it's been in Aust. And also if he has receipts for the engine work it's possibly a fair to good buy. Seems keen to sell so @75 or high 70's sounds pretty good I guess -

Original posting a month or two ago mentioned needing to sell due to divorce, so definitely needs to sell hence the drop in price already. Pretty sure this started at 6 figures when initially listed.

Calling on the wisdom of this forum again.

Decided not to go with the silver 996tt as the dealer was not willing to complete all repairs. So out of contract, deposit heading back!!

Whew!

Looking at the Blue 996TT in NQLD in carsales.

Who should I get the PPi done from in Cairns (closest to the owner)

Between the blue one and the one at Autohaus which seems a better buy?

Autohaus: https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2001/OAG-AD-14439335/?Cr=5

Cairns: https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-4598626/?Cr=6

Pro for the NQLD one: Mileage, it appears to be MY02,

Autohaus: From an independent dealer

Will ring and get details of history, services etc on Monday.

I don't think you could go wrong with the Autohaus one, but for me something about speed yellow :D

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2002/SSE-AD-3973055/?Cr=3

Has been on the market a little and there may well be a back story, but looks amazing, may be open to reasonable offer??

This looks like a tidy original Jap SC https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brookfield/cars-vans-utes/1979-porsche-911-coupe/1142353957 

only issue is the price is a bit high

James, proving he is the master of the understatement "the price is a bit high" :D

Based on your own experience, would that be about $30k too high? (or 35%!)

I don't think you could go wrong with the Autohaus one, but for me something about speed yellow :D

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2002/SSE-AD-3973055/?Cr=3

Has been on the market a little and there may well be a back story, but looks amazing, may be open to reasonable offer??

Originally asking $130k for this car ..... was way overpriced.

It has been on the market for many many months ....  possibly over 8 months ... personally I think it is still overpriced. It should be circa $100k.

Just for the record .... I agree with you ... that is the sexiest colour and would be my pick by a country mile  :wub:  :wub:

Originally asking $130k for this car ..... was way overpriced.

It has been on the market for many many months ....  possibly over 8 months ... personally I think it is still overpriced. It should be circa $100k.

Just for the record .... I agree with you ... that is the sexiest colour and would be my pick by a country mile  :wub:  :wub:

Did have a chat to the owner a few weeks ago. Good service history but is pretty fixed on price (although I see a slight drop recently).

Polarising colour!!!! Family vetoed it!! Would be called a taxi (Indian taxis traditionally yellow n black)

I love the colour btw!!! The photos are when he bought it. No new photos.

What do you guys think about this one:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2014/SSE-AD-4592138/?Cr=8

Impressive spec n options for the price.

Recently drove a 718 Cayman and was a sweet drive.

Thoughts???

Did have a chat to the owner a few weeks ago. Good service history but is pretty fixed on price (although I see a slight drop recently).

Polarising colour!!!! Family vetoed it!! Would be called a taxi (Indian taxis traditionally yellow n black)

I love the colour btw!!! The photos are when he bought it. No new photos.

What do you guys think about this one:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2014/SSE-AD-4592138/?Cr=8

Impressive spec n options for the price.

Recently drove a 718 Cayman and was a sweet drive.

Thoughts???

looks nice. I have a friend with a white 2014 cayman s heavily optioned low k's (17k) and I think probably very competitively priced. I can find out more if interested.

looks nice. I have a friend with a white 2014 cayman s heavily optioned low k's (17k) and I think probably very competitively priced. I can find out more if interested.

Is it this one??

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2014/SSE-AD-4582835/?Cr=5

I think I will feed my 911 dream first before moving on. The Cayman does look very good.

James, proving he is the master of the understatement "the price is a bit high" :D

Based on your own experience, would that be about $30k too high? (or 35%!)

I concur Simon, high as a kite, I think 30k over as well, even though he's spent a bit mechanically, rarely get that back with a hard to sell lefty, price is what matters a lot with these imo

I concur Simon, high as a kite, I think 30k over as well, even though he's spent a bit mechanically, rarely get that back with a hard to sell lefty, price is what matters a lot with these imo

Given James has bumped up the price of his, perhaps it isn't too far off the mark?

Given James has bumped up the price of his, perhaps it isn't too far off the mark?

Whatever price Jame's is, doesn't change the thought that this one at 85k  is way overpriced - price he's asking is what an Aust del asks, maybe even 10k more than Aust del....

The reason that i bumped my price up is I'm sick of getting offers of $40 to $50k & people wasting my time with PPI's then low balling. My buy price is $54k if this is to high so be it... i don't need to sell it, i just put a stainless steel Monty exhaust on it today & a new Hi-Tourque starter.

Its a sweet zero F's car that i don't worry about driving it hard or parking it at the shops 

Whatever price Jame's is, doesn't change the thought that this one at 85k  is way overpriced - price he's asking is what an Aust del asks, maybe even 10k more than Aust del....

Correct 

Is it this one??

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2014/SSE-AD-4582835/?Cr=5

I think I will feed my 911 dream first before moving on. The Cayman does look very good.

not that one. It's not on the open market. He's upgrading and trading in unless there's a private buyer interested, hence an opportunity for a good deal

The reason that i bumped my price up is I'm sick of getting offers of $40 to $50k & people wasting my time with PPI's then low balling. My buy price is $54k if this is to high so be it... i don't need to sell it, i just put a stainless steel Monty exhaust on it today & a new Hi-Tourque starter.

Its a sweet zero F's car that i don't worry about driving it hard or parking it at the shops 

^This.  B)

Gents

Can you please kindly explain to me why 74 MFI Targas are valuable?  What is the deal?  

I have a lead on one and was flabbergasted when the seller mentioned the price! Seriously!?!

Your expertise would be appreciated. :)

Fair enough. Would have seriously considered your car if I hadn't just bought a 3.2l Carrera last month.

Gents

Can you please kindly explain to me why 74 MFI Targas are valuable?  What is the deal?  

I have a lead on one and was flabbergasted when the seller mentioned the price! Seriously!?!

Your expertise would be appreciated. :)

Next best option to a 73 RS (share the same engine). Targa will be cheaper than a coupe but both are still a bargain compared to the 73 seeing they are a 0.75mill (or thereabouts) asking price. I believe one recently sold here in Vic for mid 100's. 

Next best option to a 73 RS (share the same engine). Targa will be cheaper than a coupe but both are still a bargain compared to the 73 seeing they are a 0.75mill (or thereabouts) asking price. I believe one recently sold here in Vic for mid 100's. 

But it's still a 2.7L?! And impact bumper! Crazy! 

Also, unrelated, this T seems pretty bloody pricey: https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/152475129927  

No offence if the owner is a member. 

But it's still a 2.7L?! And impact bumper! Crazy! 

Also, unrelated, this T seems pretty bloody pricey: https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/152475129927  

No offence if the owner is a member. 

might be wrong  however that T is a very original car and nice colour. If so then probably worth the ask or close to it. What else was recently priced like this ..comparable to BBC's car? 

At some point the T E S chit chat become less relevant and this is that type of car, if you are so inclined.

now @JonoF on the subject of IB MFi cars are you been deliberately  obtuse naive or provocative ???

Btw the sale price on the blue MFI targa early Feb is an outlier , don't go pegging prices to it 

Edited by michel

now @JonoF on the subject of IB MFi cars are you been deliberately  obtuse naive or provocative ???

A mix of deliberately provocative and accidentally naive. 

I just don't get it.  2.7L carby cars you could pretty much give away (by far the cheapest air cooled 911), but the 2.7L MFI cars ride the coat tails of the 73RS are are massive dollars as a result. Very confusing. 

For example, that lime green IB MFI Targa that has been over $200K for a while. I appreciate everyone agrees that is outrageously overpriced, but it seemed like overone thoyght $150K would be good buying. 

Why? 

Looks? - no in my humble opinion. 

Feel? - early MFI sounds and feels great. I accept that. 

Reliability? - nope. 

I'm actually really interested to know if rarity plays such a massive part in price?  And if so, then why is the SC less than the 3.2L Carerra?  They produced approx 25% less SCs. 

So many questions...

2.7 factory G- 911 with carbies uber rare..

.lhistory sees the market valuing MFI cars above many other similar equivalents  - halo - bullshit - speculation - history - speculation  

not sure if more can be made of the equation though some will no doubt 

i don't get Celine Dion either or for that matter the movie titanic