PFA Tour of Lindsay Fox's Collection & Workshop

Show of hands:

Who would be interested in a PFA only tour through Lindsay Fox's car collection & workshop?

Brian Tanti, is Linsday Fox's mechanic/restorer will personally show us through.

Where: 749-755 Collins Street, Docklands (Entry through Batman's Hill Drive)

Parking: Free - plenty of room for a car line & photo's

When: Wednesday 2nd July 2014 - confirmed

Time: 7.30pm - 9.30pm

Cost: $10 per head. Pay on the night - fees assist charities (refer website)

Friends: More than welcome

Wants a Steak?

Where: Bobs Steak House, 737 Bourke Street Docklands, Opposite Etihad Stadium @ 6pm

Nick, Bruce, Harvs

IN:

Nick, Airhead, Niko + 2, T-Man + 2, GC9911, Harvs, Bruce, Red, Russ?, Doug, Trev, SteveF, PeterP, Dave, Mark?, Amanda, SteveP, 1Stepo911, jb84911, Black Pearl, Storm, PocketScience?, tdc91, Vas & GRK911, gax, Spirit of Racing + 2, RodC + 2, AndyS?, Christophorus +1, Orion + 10, Red + 3, Tit + 1, Hugh + 3, 911B +1

Total: 58

Brief Story:

My wife's grandfather (Otto Stone) raced the 550 Spyder in the mid to that 50"s.

She went down to drop in some photos to Brian from the time Otto raced the 550, to add to the memorabilia of the Spyder.

Had the lovely wife ask Brian if he could show us around, he is more than happy to do so.

Few pictures provided to Brian plus the article he featured in are below.

Niko - also has a connection to this 550 as a kid.  Check out the photo of him.. guess which one he is??

*Thanks for the photo & article Niko, much appreciated*

Mt Alexander Rd Moone Ponds -

Can you spot Niko?

1956MtAlexanderRdMooneePonds_zps919f7c19

Herald Sun

550SPYDERHeraldSun27-5-88_zps17104f57.jp

Albert Park

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

Phillip Island

P3.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also interested, it's been too long since I was last there and drooled over the cars and bashed Brian's ear about them, which is poor really, since I work about 200m from it!

Hey Scott, is your 930 black? Hard to tell from your avatar. Do you drive to work regularly? If so, great to the 930 being used, I've spotted you on the road a lot over the years.

Hey Scott, is your 930 black? Hard to tell from your avatar. Do you drive to work regularly? If so, great to the 930 being used, I've spotted you on the road a lot over the years.

Hi Harvs, Yes it is black. I drive it to work in Docklands most days, and have done for around 10yrs so it may well have been me you have spotted over the years, but hopefully not when I am being silly too often!?

Archived