Skunk Works 964 "RS-4" project

Spoke to autohaus - the boss has driven the car and was blown away. Reckons it's by far the best C4 he's ever driven :D

To do:

- There are a few gremlins for example one of the fans turns off when you turn the demister on

- STILL waiting on new tail lights from Porsche - the last ones got moisture in them

- The rear reflector is being wrapped today

- Detailing

- Ozi Cozi paint protection film

Looking good for delivery next week. Biggest holdup will be the aforementioned tail lights

I did see it on the AH facebook page and thought it must have been handed over ....

oh, look, from way back here, and standing on a milk crate, I can just see the front of the line queued up to say congrats on such a fantastic build and to poke my nose around the car.

perhaps I will start the queue at coffee and cars this weekend in the expectation you will be there in March .....

FINALLY!. I've got to see this monster..in the metal. Dropped my car off to Autohaus and saw the grey 964 in all it's glory. Timing is everything, and just as I pulled up, they fired her up to move her to a different part of the garage. What an unreal sound.

Usually start the day off with a large coffee, but that did the trick!

Nice! I still haven't heard it :(

To do list looks better:

- There are a few gremlins for example one of the fans turns off when you turn the demister on - sorted. Related to the removal of the heater blower, so some wiring and relays had to be changed

- Still waiting on new tail lights from Porsche - the last ones got moisture in them - sorted!

- The rear reflector is being wrapped today - or today

- Detailing - tomorrow

- Ozi Cozi paint protection film - bloke is not available until next week

Looking good for Friday delivery but waiting on a call to confirm

Quote:  ‘The best turn-in of any 964-C4 we’ve ever had the graces of driving!’. - Grant Geelan, proprietor Autohaus

Between mine and my brothers' cars used him a few times so needless to say the quality and service is great.

There are endless options for what you have covered - from just the front bumper and bonnet, to the whole car.

I'd recommend the "front clip" i.e. bumper, bonnet, front guards plus side skirts, mirrors and the bottom of the rear guards (behind the rear wheels). If you track your car the roof might be worth doing to. 

So first impressions: unfortunately the traffic was horrendous but OMFG! Loads of torque, loads of power, sounds diabolical and is surprisingly well mannered - compliant over bumps, steering and clutch are solid but no too heavy and the a/c works a treat.

Half of Sydney now has whiplash - everyone from little kids to grannies was spinning around to look at it once they'd heard it coming