Skunk Works 964 "RS-4" project

Ducts are FVD Brombacher - it took a bit of faffing around to get them on as there was nothing to screw into. Thankfully the guys at AH are pretty handy with fiberglass so they 'glassed some mounts on the back of them so the could be screwed on from the back. The end result is a lot nicer than the ones that screw in from the front

Looking like a car again!

Waiting on new (genuine) seals for rear quarter windows as the ones in the sierra madre kit didn't fit properly. Also have to get some new tail pipes fabricated as the fabspeed ones are a good 10cm (4in) too short. Actually it took a bit of faffing around to get the exhaust system to fit and the guys at fabspeed were not helpful in the slightest...they tried to tell us we were using aftermarket tinware which we weren't!

10636697_835628006510381_194322126847734

DSCF4559.jpg

Looking like a car again!

Waiting on new (genuine) seals for rear quarter windows as the ones in the sierra madre kit didn't fit properly. Also have to get some new tail pipes fabricated as the fabspeed ones are a good 10cm (4in) too short. Actually it took a bit of faffing around to get the exhaust system to fit and the guys at fabspeed were not helpful in the slightest...they tried to tell us we were using aftermarket tinware which we weren't!

10636697_835628006510381_194322126847734

lol i had to extend the tips on mine by 2in to use it on IB valence. weird

• 2 weeks later...
Tantalisingly close!

Suspension being sorted today. Have asked them to go a tad lower (5mm - 10mm).

The ducktail should be going on as well. The gel coat proved to be difficult to paint without the paint flaring, so took a couple of attempts to get 100%

The dyno session had a few gremlins but went well in the end with it pumping out >60hp more than stock and one of the flattest torque curves I've ever seen :D

20141216_103348.jpg

Tantalisingly close!

Suspension being sorted today. Have asked them to go a tad lower (5mm - 10mm).

The ducktail should be going on as well. The gel coat proved to be difficult to paint without the paint flaring, so took a couple of attempts to get 100%

The dyno session had a few gremlins but went well in the end with it pumping out >60hp more than stock and one of the flattest torque curves I've ever seen :D

20141216_103348.jpg

looks fantastic!

~310hp? great result!

And bags of torque :D

Was built and tuned for torque but power on the happy side of 300 will be nice. Trying to extract any more would be exponentially expensive - think billet heads, GT3 crank, pankl rods etc

yep looks like a top result for work done! looks exactly like the route i will go down with my motor eventually.. though i wonder if my 915 could deal with the torque, i hadn't considered that! didn't realise it would fatten up the torque curve that much :mellow: been very educational following this!