Skunk Works 964 "RS-4" project

Let's arrange an SMT where we all head into AH to collect the car with you and give it a group christening!

Now there's an idea

Great head unit. Just what I am looking for. Where did u get it from?

Last time I was at Autohaus there just happened to be a car audio guy there installing one in another 964. I just said, "I'll have what he's having". And that was that.

I've got the ultralegerra on our gti. Best wheels I've ever owned.

When I listed the car for sale, I had 8 offers on the wheels in the first two weeks.. :P

I hear ya!  Main reason I haven't sold our Subaru years ago is I can't bear to part with the wheels!  

JV911, bummer you couldn't get them to fit... I know they do them for to suit a 996 in 18 & 19"...I have no idea about 964 though.

And funny I have almost that same (Advanti) 20" on my commodore!

Regardless, this is going to be one hell of a car.  Put it this way, I wouldn't care a rats what wheels were on it if I didn't like the car so bloody damn much! 

Cool project and updates. 

Couple of questions and forgive me as I've buzzed through this thread at work so might have missed something...but didn't you say this wasn't going to be tracked? If so, why the half cage? Just for the RS'ness thing? If you do track it, be aware that those wheels are not advised. Read enough cases of those V.E. wheels cracking on the track. Get a 2nd set for track only would be my advice. Probably bigger rotors than you need but I'm guessing they might even be lighter than stock solids. Love the Green accents. What compression ratio did you go for? Great build and should make all the 'right noises'! 

I anticipate doing half a dozen or so track days a year. As for the cage, we'll an RS-inspired cage must have a cage...plus the kid in me reckons it looks cool!

I've seen the thread on rennlist where a member broke a VE Innsbruck at the track. Apart from saying they had done ~20 track days not much is disclosed about how they'd been used and/or abused i.e. hitting ripple strips and having offs.

On the flip side I've read of people using them for many a track day without issue and know personally of a few people using TSW (who make VE) also without issue. I know of a number of people in the VW community that were recommended TSW and VE as track day wheels by retailers. "Born on the Track" is the TSW slogan after all.

Having said that I'm looking to get a set of BBS with at least semi-slicks for track days...which for the record I've also seen fail. Catastrophic wheel failures are not uncommon.

Compression ratio, cam specs and a few other things are undisclosed/trade secrets.

the Secret Squirrel factor always gets people going :)

I'm trying to figure out your airflow system.... looks like a big fliter where on my car, there is a idle control valve and an AFM... im sure you've mentioned it earlier.. guess I will just have a scroll...

with the ITB's and proper modern ECU i'd say they cleaned up the intake/deleted AFM etc. i am very curious to what hp it puts out with the stock manifold as that may be the route i will go to save money over the rothsport/996 manifold. looks mint!

I'm a few days behind on the updates:

- Donk is in

- Bumpers are on

- Stereo is in

- Interior is pretty much done 

- Cult Werks splitter has arrived and is on

- Basic suspension geo being sorted this week and new glass going in

- Off to dyno tuning next week! (Phil Armour)

vDEP_9vsyl_oL6HKoZ-tXx2MKXovPwpNuPUkkrCz

GPbrolppJrZXLFIWSCiTk2kflulSNWMZVl4_8ava

05fEI2ZYl157zGSYGwBrytZ7NH8qugEna3XqepO6

4EjJxV2rftEU9bsHcfiEmhiauJa2mZ7bcWUsF67f