What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

^^ can't be a genuine RSR at that price?  I could see myself punting that through Reefton spur on an SMT.  My kind of hotrod - not neat and pretty singer but hard core.  And apparently it goes like a "scalded ape" .  I assume that's faster that a scalded cat.??

A$150k at the current exchange rate.

Ok im convinced , halves, we work out some club plates ;)

^^ can't be a genuine RSR at that price?  I could see myself punting that through Reefton spur on an SMT.  My kind of hotrod - not neat and pretty singer but hard core.  And apparently it goes like a "scalded ape" .  I assume that's faster that a scalded cat.??

A$150k at the current exchange rate.

yeah I don't know...seems to have race history?  Maybe it was a period knockoff?

yeah I don't know...seems to have race history?  Maybe it was a period knockoff?

Most of this stuff is period knock off , what you talkin about ;)  how many pegasus stickers do you think were produced in the outlaw factory..  .. I will be fuched if most of this stuff aint real, its an illusion but a bloody good one that sounds and smells alright I bet.. dont spoil the dream.

You gotta drink some of that barnfind coolaid man, some of that vintage cola dude with the magic dust in it.  Just imagine the red car with the coke badges all over it back in the day, driving off into the california sunset after a race meeting

Yeah..so I went back and read the ad again....sleight of hand these sneaky sales guys..  a real RSR is 73-75 and this is built as a race car in 78...but was raced at times and dates unknown.  So is it a 78 converted in the 90s or   A 75 converted in 78?

Who knows really.  Easy enough to pick up the phone I guess.  The dealer it is in is a pretty legit place, I go there sometimes to window shop.

This particular RSR was built originally in 1978 to be used as a race car, after many years of success she was retired and parked for a long slumber. She was found by Jim Hendricks (John James Racing) in the late 90's and[\quote]

He was a great guitarist too! 

This particular RSR was built originally in 1978 to be used as a race car, after many years of success she was retired and parked for a long slumber. She was found by Jim Hendricks (John James Racing) in the late 90's and[\quote]
Edited by Jonathan

Ok im convinced , halves, we work out some club plates ;)

sounds good. You bring it in and I'll pay you half and keep it in my garage. You're welcome to use it whenever in town ?? I'll only drive it to the shops on Sundays (in Marysville)

I'd hate to have to drive that with a hangover.....:wacko:

And you usually do drive your Porsche with a hangover.... :cool07:

Of course you do.  Bordello Red.

I don't see any scathing remarks there so assume you love it too!! :D

How can I put this?  NO!

I like a bit of color but that's f#@%&k up.

go-against-the-flow.jpg

It is better than this, although would still have it :)
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707307865534?model=911&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=PORSCHE&postcode=w112bq&radius=1500&page=1

media?id=9732fc9a05fb4101ac9c824cdeab6db

Edited by ANF

Current bid US$15k 996 Turbo - could have some fun with that!

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-porsche-911-turbo-8/

$15k? That's ridiculous! But there's 4d to go.... 

But what about this.....  Only 8hrs left!!   http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1955-porsche-550-spyder-replica-2/

i like these, look cute!!