What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

• 2 weeks later...

When will we ever see the day that we see such a tasty bit of kit on Ebay in AUS .. probably never .. OMG THE MARKET CONTROL NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME.. i would have this dirty bloody left hand drive import..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-/132359257796?hash=item1ed139fec4:g:HyIAAOSwfglZ3T1G&vxp=mtr

Whats the view on the mix of wheels ? I wonder why not 4 Minilites

Minilites on the rear only started with 911ST's and 914 GT's in 1970. The widest Fuchs available at the time were 7R's. these were run on the front with spacers and wider minilites on the rear. By the end of 1971 Fuchs were available in 9in widths. There were never really run on RSR's, by then 11in Fuchs were available. 

I'm assuming the owner was trying to reproduce that period look. Not correct for RSR though.

^^ I thought there must be some “factory” reason - I’ve seen it on a few US cars and wondered WTF.  With the range of wheel options now available seems a bit naff on a replica.

Edited by DJM

When will we ever see the day that we see such a tasty bit of kit on Ebay in AUS .. probably never .. OMG THE MARKET CONTROL NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME.. i would have this dirty bloody left hand drive import..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-/132359257796?hash=item1ed139fec4:g:HyIAAOSwfglZ3T1G&vxp=mtr

Bring a Trailer is daily reading for me.....prices make me weep.....:(

yep, at those prices I'll have one of each thanks Steve!

If I could take a year off i would seriously consider buying a U.K. 997 RS and with the amount saved enjoy a driving round Europe 12 month holiday and then bring it in tax free as personal import

With the range of wheel options now available seems a bit naff on a replica.

Agreed. I don't really get it either. Unless it's a period correct replica or a race car that uses mismatched rims for wets, Its just a try hard thing to be cool

If I could afford the time and money, I would fly to the usa, and spend a couple months living and driving to check out all these "cheap" 911 bargains... then bring a couple back to play with and pass on..

Pretty sure there's a couple of people on this forum alone, doing that already.... 

I guess the LHD boogeyman would rear its ugly head, but if you could get into a TIDY sc here in Aus for $40k aud, you would wouldn't you?

yep, at those prices I'll have one of each thanks Steve!

If I could take a year off i would seriously consider buying a U.K. 997 RS and with the amount saved enjoy a driving round Europe 12 month holiday and then bring it in tax free as personal import

I often (seriously) toy with a complete move to the US so I can build a garage. Property is 60% cheaper and so are the cars.