996 GT3 Purchase

Like that white though , are they common in that colour?

Seems like with all your comments a shared ownership might be the best thing .. I got garage space but would have to buy 2 new porsches at this rate to get the best of fun a new daily driver and one of these toys 

Or you could go for a 997 GT3 for streetable and track.

Edited by D-banger

Yup, just got an email back!  

Gotta say it its a great looking example, if it was a little cheaper I'd of considered buying it to put away :lol: 

Oh yeah, I know the forrest green car...  colour Code G4G4 Teal Green 

The previous owner is on here come to think of it, he has a 997 GT3 now.. it was for sale the same time as my one was. 

So Shannons increased the value that easy hey? Can you share with us what that is? Pm if you like 

yeah it was another one that I looked at way back when but I was apprehensive about the colour...looking back I should have bought it as its a bloody nice (and unique colour) IMO. I asked Shannons to do 130K (up from 110) and they agreed, premium went up by about $19 per month ($2500). I will keep an eye on things and adjust as necessary I guess. Do we really think the market is at 150k for an average kms car yet? I guess slight dealer tax and it's not far off! 

I've done a bit of UK research.  interesting dealer reply below, suggests GT2s are worth A$240 - A$290k and rising......holy shit.  No doubt a A$150k GT3 is considered cheap so no surprise to see them vanishing to UK.  

...there is an appetite for GT2’s over here which has surprised a lot of people but they are properly rare & consequently C16 UK RHD cars are in high demand. The last one we sold was a factory Clubsport which only 16 were made for our market, this made £135,000. The last Comfort I sold was in May at £90k but I would sell the same car again now for circa £110k. We have sold & serviced them throughout the years of being un fashionable, so we are really pleased to see them having ’their day'

Edited by DJM

JZM in the UK currently has only two 996s for sale...

http://www.jzmporsche.com/porsche-for-sale/911/996-gt3-for-sale-729

^^^ Speed Yellow @ £78,900 ($168,359 AUD)

http://www.jzmporsche.com/porsche-for-sale/911/996-gt3-for-sale-742

^^^ Midnight Blue @ £74,900 ($159,836 AUD)

Have heard that some MK1 clubsports are trading at £100K.

So it sounds like I need an owner to bring their car around and drive up and down my driveway , bribe them with a few bottles of red wine , so I could evaluate if I could get one of those puppies up and down a rural crowned driveway..

Any takers for a Byron B road test pilots role 

Im guessing a 997 will be more of a probable yes than a 996 by your reports..

I cant even imagine , how much lower than my TT..

Edited by symsy

Planning a road trip with some GT3's soon... if we head north. I will let you know! I was only just in Byron two weekend back! Alas no car... 

If the red is Grange.... well you might get a 'faster' response! :lol: 

Jesus maybe I should have waited to call Shannons!

I feel like an idiot... I only just did mine in July. 

How does one keep up? At this rate, it won't be long until your underinsured... 

Planning a road trip with some GT3's soon... if we head north. I will let you know! I was only just in Byron two weekend back! Alas no car... 

If the red is Grange.... well you might get a 'faster' response! :lol: 

You bring the splitters , I will bring the glasses 

And on a serious note .. whats the view on the silver WA 997 GT3 at that price point?? Me personally I want a white or silver car .

The white car in this thread moved very quick , I think Clay Wong grabbed it 

Im also in the UK and am going to go an tyre kick around a little .. when looking at the price comparisons for example on pistonheads .. the prices in Aus are pretty much already on par when you consider any GST/VAT and havent really factored in transport and duties

Edited by symsy

The last nice example 7.1's seemed to move at the $160-170k point... So at $189k asking, I think it's pretty reasonable considering the market! 

You are also going to use it regularly, so the comfort seats will be a good feature for you... The fix back seats make entry and exit an event every time... Not many options on it (good thing) has PASM too! 

Obviously check the history and get a PPI but it's still under Porsche warranty and seems like an honest car! 

If you are half thinking about it I would say pick up the phone.... Now 

edit: cannot import these unders sevs, so UK values are useless unless your selling! Shame how they can go so easy but can't come back that easy.... 

Edit 2: 997 dropped to $179.... Go on you know you want to! Oh and I'll take a rain check on the grange? ?

Edited by edgy

So guys , a question , the Silver car is under warranty and the owner is apparently the president of the PCWA ...

Not reading in to the email too much as he seemed a little funny , but said he had a load of tyre kickers 

If its still under warranty would you presume it therefore wouldnt need  PPI , becuase they cover it anyway.

Also , how about checking the over revs , could i just wrote them and get info based on its VIN?

Lastly , how hard is it to have an axle lift put in after delivery and do any of you know the costs , I sincerely live on a rural block and my 993T goes up and down the drive fine but concerned if I could even get it home to be parked.  I have had visitors in a 964 T Wood car and A 997 which have also been fine.

Would appreciate your input as im overseas right now and Im looking at buying blind and basically I get the impression the guy seems to think hes entitled because of its rarity that he has to put  no energy or effort into a deal, its all a bit take or leave it which dont feel too nice but is what it is.. not that Im tryung to make him work for me or even trying to negotiate ..

thnaks in advance for your input