996 GT3 Purchase

Ok who wants to go thirds then , I have done crazier things with a 40ft Riveria , it only took 3 attempts in the first few weeks to learn how to park it , with each owner lavishly kissing the public pier.

Clammy hands as Im typing 

I have waited for a long while for another ménage à trois

Edited by symsy

Ok who wants to go thirds then , I have done crazier things with a 40ft Riveria , it only took 3 attempts in the first few weeks to learn how to park it , with each owner lavishly kissing the public pier.

Clammy hands as Im typing 

I have waited for a long while for another ménage à trois

Feel like moving to Melbourne?

two months ago it would have been telling him he's dreaming. I bet it's gone by next week.

exactly right. So who is suddenly buying these cars at 70k higher than they were a couple of months ago (when they took a long time to sell) and thinking this is great value? What has changed? Where were all the buyers before? 

We called the owner many, many times within the hour and past of posting it up and yet no response.

34 missed calls by lunch time. I had to turn the phone off as couldn't work. Hoping to get back to everyone over the next couple of days. 

To be honest the response has blown me away and I'm having 2 nd thoughts. 

Happy to leave it in Mebourne if you have the storage Trev

I do have a spare secure storage facility.  I could hold about 6 cars...

Between 3 people at $100,000ea I think would be a great way getting into ownership of a car like this.  As values rise a collective could then add more vehicles...  With collectible/non-daily driver cars it could work.

34 missed calls by lunch time. I had to turn the phone off as couldn't work. Hoping to get back to everyone over the next couple of days. 

To be honest the response has blown me away and I'm having 2 nd thoughts. 

That's good info ^^ 

Its like someone flicked a GT3 switch... maybe that switch was $100K SC's?  

exactly right. So who is suddenly buying these cars at 70k higher than they were a couple of months ago (when they took a long time to sell) and thinking this is great value? What has changed? Where were all the buyers before? 

I don't know but this mayhem is starting to rival the want we have seen for aircooled cars for sure.

Hi All, does anyone have the ability to read DME info on a GT3 (996) in Sydney that I can "borrow" tomorrow (Saturday), happy to pay for this urgent requirement : )

I want to see Type 1 / 2 over revs and anything else that may be of interest.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of a pre-purchase inspection, cars come and go too quickly for that unfortunately.....and I don't want to miss this car (unadvertised)

Picked up my GT3 on Saturday, but had to leave for the USA on Tuesday for business so didn't get to spend a lot of time with it, managed to get it to tick over to 21,000 km  - oh my, what a car......drives and even smells like a new car...oh the sound......

Quickly established these are scary fast cars that have to be respected - cant believe I waited this long to own one !

Will post some pics when I get back

Congrats Dave. You have got yourself one hell of a car. My GT3 has been in long term storage and it hasn't seen the light of day in several years. Finally got it out of storage last week and took it for a run to Brissy. I had forgotten just how much fun these cars are. The only problem I now have is trying to keep my license:)

Edited by Blue964

Just putting it out there.............

What would the general agreement be on values of an imported one, say a HK car for example? 10-15% less than an equal Aus del car?

If you are buying, you will be told that they are exactly the same and it makes no difference,but if you are selling, the same people will tell you that it`s only worth half as much because nobody wants it.

What would the general agreement be on values of an imported one, say a HK car for example? 10-15% less than an equal Aus del car?

I assume we are talking 996... Colour/Spec/Condition/Km's ? 

I really think double digit reduction is optimistic....  warranty etc is all out the window. HK cars are usually very well cared for.