996 GT3 Purchase

Got my PPI results today guys, all good - the car had good providence and the 20,000 km life obviously isn't excessive. Almost dead even compression across all cylinders, no evidence of the rev range being exceeded, the front brake discs were replaced but that was the biggest job. Rear tyres are 60%, but it has Pirellis that I'm not a fan of so they will go eventually anyhow. Apart from a few nicks on the front rims and a minor door chip on one passenger side edge it presents as new. Paint on all panels is factory

Cheers

Dave

Congrats Dave!

Sounds like you have all bases covered... brakes are costly, so that is good thing they're fresh! Tyres are not too bad on the wallet, I'm running Yokohama AD08R and they are exceptional. I'd recommend them 

Sincerely i dont , know I only really just started looking and its in my back yard , and has full service from Don Munro recnetly and hasnt been tracked apart form a couple fo drive days , by current owner

I dont know exctaly but I also believe it went for under asking 

Sincerely i dont , know I only really just started looking and its in my back yard , and has full service from Don Munro recnetly and hasnt been tracked apart form a couple fo drive days , by current owner

Perhaps it was simply the location then? Some folks just won't travel to buy a car... 

This is madness! I've never seen the GT3 market depleted... now there is just the 6.1 CS! Which is probably sold.  :lol:

Around the time I bought mine in January this year there were 9 or so available and they all sold within a week or two of each other, but yeah prices were 20-30% lower then!

Sounds like edgy's car ;)

I guess aircooled prices have suddenly

highlighted what a good deal the 996 is now!

So earleir in the post someone put a price guide , which sounds/sounded pretty good , assuming no one is looking for a heavily tracked cars and not expecting those that have bought to share personal information , would you put the top price cars at 110-120k  like the grey cars , if very original and Im guessing under 40,000kms and what difference do you think in terms of price the 20,000kms cars demand as a premium?

We would all want a nice one after all :D

So earleir in the post someone put a price guide , which sounds/sounded pretty good , assuming no one is looking for a heavily tracked cars and not expecting those that have bought to share personal information , would you put the top price cars at 110-120k  like the grey cars , if very original and Im guessing under 40,000kms and what difference do you think in terms of price the 20,000kms cars demand as a premium?

We would all want a nice one after all :D

I would say for a top car you're right! $110-120k is about right... for pristine (mint, 20K or less, no track, FSH etc) in the current market you're look at the $120-135k bracket. 

There would still be examples that sit in the sub $100k range, but I think you will find the "honest examples" will be about the $100k min. 

I just sold my 996 turbo last week. It was auto and before owning it I would of definitely thought that a car like that would have to be manuel. After driving it, I think it suits being an auto as it just picks gears very well and just goes:) If it was a manuel you would be picking gears all the time as it gets up the rev range very quickly. Mine had a fair bit of aftermarket work done to it as well as increased psi.

I would say for a top car you're right! $110-120k is about right... for pristine (mint, 20K or less, no track, FSH etc) in the current market you're look at the $120-135k bracket. 

There would still be examples that sit in the sub $100k range, but I think you will find the "honest examples" will be about the $100k min. 

This is exactly what I arrived at when making a decision to finally buy one - I would also add that if you get towards the tip of better, well cared for cars, $5k either way isn't a lot of money when you factor in running costs etc. and cost of repairs. I was thinking if I kept waiting the car would potentially increase to a point that I couldn't justify the cost to myself

I look at the air-cooled market and given the low production run and performance, the 996 GT3's still represent value to me - but not everyone wants a GT3 and I get that

Dave

I would also add that if you get towards the tip of better, well cared for cars, $5k either way isn't a lot of money when you factor in running costs etc. and cost of repairs.

Absolutely! 

$5k is tyres and brakes at best! 

Makes me me wonder where GT3 RS prices are at... I'm going to say early $200k  ???

Back to work I go! ?