$105K there you go ….  https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-3601997/?Cr=1   - but bloody red though, interiors clean

High Kms .. but im sure its negotiable.. its been on and off the market ..  you wouldnt pay 30% more for a minter ..  $115k for the others reasonable territory @TOMB

I think the dealers have nice cars and you may have to pay a little dealer tax for their genuine finds that they come up with and some of them are nice .. just some ;) and make sure the cars in good order before selling.

I think stand out cars are worth a little more an you will get to know one when your looking at them.

Remember 10k dont go far when there are problems with these things, they are all getting old. So if you keep your 10k buffer and a tidy up plus your $115k purchase .. 135 is the top top in my book..  thats the best Symsy logic I can give ya..

$105K there you go ….  https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-3601997/?Cr=1   - but bloody red though, interiors clean

High Kms .. but im sure its negotiable.. its been on and off the market ..  you wouldnt pay 30% more for a minter ..  $115k for the others reasonable territory

You might not want to pay 30% more for a minter, but I think you would have to...

The supercheap pod filter on the above car looks cool..... !!

So what 115k then Mike ?

To be honest mate, I struggle to see the value in them at that level when there's early GT3's for not much more, but it is a very nice car. The colour's different to the rest and in the sun it popped, but other than that I'd say you're about right, perhaps $120k tops.

High Kms .. but im sure its negotiable.. its been on and off the market ..  

ad says price negotiable + only! 

'$105,200 you say? Would you take $120,000? It is the last aircooled Porsche after all... I wouldn't want to miss this once in a lifetime opertunity'

To be honest mate, I struggle to see the value in them at that level when there's early GT3's for not much more, but it is a very nice car. The colour's different to the rest and in the sun it popped, but other than that I'd say you're about right, perhaps $120k tops.

Yup agree .. but I love a man who will put up a number ;) $120k same arena as me then 

• 1 month later...

Remember 10k dont go far when there are problems with these things, they are all getting old. 

I spent something like $7k at Cairns sorting out A/C,new evaporator etc in my 964.  in hindsight I should have lived with being personally air cooled given that represented about 15% of the purchase price!

mint 964 $165k

mint 996 GT3 ~ $160k

hmmmm ?

I spent something like $7k at Cairns sorting out A/C,new evaporator etc in my 964.  in hindsight I should have lived with being personally air cooled given that represented about 15% of the purchase price!

mint 964 $165k

mint 996 GT3 ~ $160k

hmmmm ?

Everyone has a mint 996 GT3.

Wow, 7k.... I spent about $3k and got a new compressor as well... maybe I finally got lucky!!

"The car wont disappoint and 964C2's are a great entry level collectable Porsche."

Not sure I'd call 964 C2's entry level! Currently seem to be overpriced, considering very few advertised at that mid $100's mark don't seem to be selling.

"The car wont disappoint and 964C2's are a great entry level collectable Porsche."

Not sure I'd call 964 C2's entry level! Currently seem to be overpriced, considering very few advertised at that mid $100's mark don't seem to be selling.

I think that will be hard to sell considering you can buy a G series or a 993 manual for a lot less

I think that will be hard to sell considering you can buy a G series or a 993 manual for a lot less

For sure. But he's made the point of collectability. On that basis, I'd argue that "entry level" sits somewhere below $100K.

This particular 964 looks to be a very clean, original and low km example hence its priced at the top of the market. A compatible condition 993 or G series would not be "a lot less", and they are very different propositions in terms of delivery numbers and characteristics. That was why I referred to them as "chalk and cheese"?

This particular 964 looks to be a very clean, original and low km example hence its priced at the top of the market. A compatible condition 993 or G series would not be "a lot less", and they are very different propositions in terms of delivery numbers and characteristics. That was why I referred to them as "chalk and cheese"?

Not disagreeing Pal :D. On the surface it looks a superb example. Just questioning the broader notion of C2's in the mid $100's being considered "entry level". Guess it's all relative - in comparison with a 964 3.6 Turbo or 993 turbo or decent long hood model, this does represent entry level. I suppose the other thing is - and i think this is what you're eluding to - perhaps it really depends on what era floats your boat and whether, as a purchaser you want to zero in on a particular era, shape etc. On that basis, perhaps it is more entry level.