what's my C2, with under 100K and a fully rebuilt motor worth then?

Does anyone want to buy it?

$199,000

No.

How much extra do people value these 'stripes and decals' special editions anyway?  I mean they are nice to have but how much more woud you really pay over the same model and condition car with the same equipment?

to me a silver 964 with lots of kms and oil leaks is an 80k car.

Wide body Jubi, $83,750

Edited by KGB

Does anybody actually buy cars like this at this price?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1991/OAG-AD-15181300/?Cr=1

You can get a decent 930 AND a 993TT for the same dollars...

Its the middle of spring, the uv duco index  is up and about and so too are a select few seeking alpha in the P world. In 2015, the hot money was on seeking alpha from a select few 996 GT2's owners.  Reckon in 2017, 964 turbo owners are taking up the top spot on the mantle for seeking alpha. 

Isn't this one better value than the one posted two weeks ago if your an investor.

I watched a you tube video recently of a really good drivers seat critique of the 930 turbo vs the 964 turbo.  Both reviewers said they would take the red 930 turbo for pure driving pleasure. 

Edited by smit2100

$155k down to $135k 2 days ago now up to $165k....wtf? I was interested

Why "was"?.  Do any of these cars actually sell at initial (or highest ) advertised owners retail asking price if the have not gone in say the first week or two.?  Owner could be just seeing a bit of extra hot air going into the engine and or a bit more blue smoke out of the exhaust entering the sky from the revision mirror and misinterpreting lots of enquiries = priced too low. 

Me thinks throw 120k at it if you was interested before.  Perhaps via email if you aren't interested in being told over the phone where to go  and / or thanks but have offers on the table for more than that.  Don't take rejection to heart and resend some emails with a different number each week until its gone or you see a window to pick up the phone for a more meaningful chat.

But could be it be Harry the owner may be an opportunist and seeking a bit of Alpha just at the right time.  Eg In search of a  Richmond  or Melbourne storm punter that may come into some additional disposable income come Sunday and may do something irrational, keeping in mind they may have some extra time on their hands on the weekends over the coming months in addition to the extra disposable income.

Edited by smit2100

Remember .. cars that are well priced .. sell .. a week is/was a long time in a rare, scarce, collectable sense…  why is it still here?

Things went crazy in the bubble  , this car shouldnt be here still if it was priced right

Offer 125 and be done with it ..

What's the difference in driving experience between c4 and c2?  Can anyone who has had both give their opinion?

I own one and have driven a few examples of the other.

C4 feels heavier in the front end, slightly duller reaction on turn in and a tad 'removed' in regard to steering feel, not quite as lively.  But, they're great cars. *disclaimer

Edited by KGB

What's the difference in driving experience between c4 and c2?  Can anyone who has had both give their opinion?

I own one and have driven a few examples of the other.

C4 feels heavier in the front end, slightly duller reaction on turn in and a tad 'removed' in regard to steering feel, not quite a lively.  But, they're great cars. *disclaimer

I owned both at the same time (now just the C4) and would agree with above. Also, in stock setup the C4 will understeer earlier than a C2.

As with all 911's though, the right modifications will transform the car, just ask @JV911 :D 

Our C2 was stock, the C4 modified which made it a quicker car on track and an easier car to hustle in the twisties. For any mods, the C2 seems to be the preferred base platform unless wet weather traction was your only priority.

@PeterM posted this ages ago and good old Photobucket has rendered it invisible. Thankfully I had downloaded the images. Wheels Magazine ran this article comparing the C2 with the C4 and it's well worth a read. Worth noting that most cars you pick up now will have had a modification or two so getting such a clean comparison these days would be almost impossible. 

Fundamentally supports what's been said above...Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 8.00.53 pm

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 10.33.29 amScreen Shot 2017-05-23 at 10.33.42 amScreen Shot 2017-05-23 at 10.34.03 am

Dear 964 and fellow Tyrekickers.. do you have cash.. will you make quick decisons , do you know opportunity when it presents….?

As I have recently added a couple of cars to the Stable de Symsy, I find myself rather unfortunately without space and or available Bitcoin at this juncture.

So here goes, if your looking for a good allround C4 starter coupe , manual or project base , a personal  import , already converted US LHD-RHD , apparently done professionally with porsche parts, white on black leather car  with supposedly no leaks , may need a/c regas and a few bits , drop me a line with your email and phone number.. Owned by current owner last 10 years I believe

I want the CUP 1s off it if you dont !!

I can then pass you on to a non forum member /friend who owns this lead and is  the midst of a multi car deal and who doesnt want this car,  as he is taking other precious metal out of it and already himself has 4 Pcars. 

I dont know exact price but I believe under 80K , you would have work that with my buddy. I would rather not be in the middle , but you can buy me a good steak dinner and a drink if you end up with a plum deal ;)

Sorry I do have piccys but not my place to share as its an off market deal. This car isnt on scarsales or scum tree or fleabay

Remember folks you heard it here .. im shalking the magic car tree in your favor for fruit , just cos we all love a deal and we all love PFA 

Dear 964 and fellow Tyrekickers.. do you have cash.. will you make quick decisons , do you know opportunity when it presents….?

As I have recently added a couple of cars to the Stable de Symsy, I find myself rather unfortunately without space and or available Bitcoin at this juncture.

So here goes, if your looking for a good allround C4 starter coupe , manual or project base , a personal  import , already converted US LHD-RHD , apparently done professionally with porsche parts, white on black leather car  with supposedly no leaks , may need a/c regas and a few bits , drop me a line with your email and phone number.. Owned by current owner last 10 years I believe

I want the CUP 1s off it if you dont !!

I can then pass you on to a non forum member /friend who owns this lead and is  the midst of a multi car deal and who doesnt want this car,  as he is taking other precious metal out of it and already himself has 4 Pcars. 

I dont know exact price but I believe under 80K , you would have work that with my buddy. I would rather not be in the middle , but you can buy me a good steak dinner and a drink if you end up with a plum deal ;)

Sorry I do have piccys but not my place to share as its an off market deal. This car isnt on scarsales or scum tree or fleabay

Remember folks you heard it here .. im shalking the magic car tree in your favor for fruit , just cos we all love a deal and we all love PFA 

D90's ;):lol:

This fella just converted his C4 to a C2.  He describes some of the differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVC2VyY40ps

As a post-script, that 'clutch shudder' he was feeling was his drive-shafts letting go.  Turns out the C2 drive shafts are stronger than C4.

• 3 weeks later...