Yep people like this do send statements like this, and they aren't enquiries. Just fuckn knobs who will never buy the car, just somehow a SJW for car adverts - in their own mind. None of their business what a buyer asks for his car! Strayed across from his Scumtree scrutineering and daydreaming I guess.....

I have only ever had one of those weirdo replies, and when I did a bit of research into who the person was, it turns out that he is the PFA member with the most posts ever.

I guess that gives you an idea of the profile of the type described above.

I have only ever had one of those weirdo replies, and when I did a bit of research into who the person was, it turns out that he is the PFA member with the most posts ever.

Turbo T??

I think you guys are reading Mr Hadwell's heartfelt message all wrong!

Notice he didn't say "you're dreaming", he said "your dreaming".

Assuming this isn't a typo, he's actually saying

"(I am) your dreaming buddy at $160K, for a rubish import."

"Rubish" meaning, of course "red, like a ruby" referring to the beautiful red lustre of the Porsche, and "import" in this context is clearly distinguishing it from a Holden (or other lesser domestic vehicle.)

The more than reasonable $160K asking price for this "rubish" beauty has set his imagination afire, he is now "your dreaming buddy", and he has reached out to you in his ecstatic reverie to let you know how much your ad meant to him.

Real lump-in-the-throat stuff!

That's the nicest thing about selling cars -- it brings out the best in people.

Haha.. that was a ripper post.  I like your style!

Yikes! I know I'm up there with far too many posts on here.  Hope it wasn't me!

now we're all trying to work out which PFAer has the most posts (I posted this so I could check my # and make sure it wasn't me ?)

Edit: phew, not me, plenty with more posts than me.?

Edited by DJM

I'm selling a car on Carsales for $23k (not a Pcar, an Audi S3) and I got an email this morning that only said: '16k?'. My reply: '30k?'

Earlier in the year we (me) were selling off one of our rep's cars.  Had 1 x CX-5 advertised and had low ballers for 3 weeks before the serious buyers came out of the woodwork. Had 3 calls in a day to look at it, first one was flying in from Tassie the day after, so to be fair I told her I'd hold it, 2nd caller coming in from Ballarat, told her I'd let her know if it sold, 3rd semi-low baller local dude whom I advised was 3rd in line.  He didn't like that (Being 3rd, as he was a loud mouth smart a$$) and insisted on coming around right now and paying full ask, as it was for his daughter (who cares). I said no, you're 3rd mate.

Anyway Tassie chic buys it at no discount.  After I tell her there're another 2 ready to pounce. That was easy. Apparently only sh!t boxes available down there.  So I start thinking I'll ride the wave and sell a "sort of" spare CX-5 hanging around, you know like surf when the waves are up.  So I call Mr Ballarat who happened to have been 'just around the corner' (loitering, hoping to land the CX-5).  He says how much, I say take it at asking or Mr Buying it for my daughter is coming round.  BOOM 2 cars gone in two hours, full ask, 1 Carsales advert. 

Then I had the pleasure of call Mr Buying it for my daughter and tell him I actually had 2 cars and his initial low ball offer pissed me off so I did the proper thing, and rather than take his local/fast buck, honored the efforts of those driving/flying from afar.  He was boiling.

That, kids, is just dumb cosmic good luck.

• 1 month later...

wow

145k for a C4

The advertising spiel does read as if this car has been really well looked after and had a shit tonne of money and maintenance spent on it. 

Someone offer me something like that for my c2 manual with UNDER 100kms ....please??

wow

145k for a C4

The advertising spiel does read as if this car has been really well looked after and had a shit tonne of money and maintenance spent on it. 

Someone offer me something like that for my c2 manual with UNDER 100kms ....please??

18porsche964carrera4red.jpgFor that sought of dough ,I think a new sound insulation pad would be in the deal

>So I start thinking I'll ride the wave and sell a "sort of" spare CX-5 hanging around, you know like surf when the waves are up

fascinated to know how one has a spare cx-5 hanging around.

Oh and mike, I know you're a serial car trader but don't you want to keep that one a bit longer?

Id buy it yesterday but .... My wife won't let me :D

It looks like the 964 market is starting to move.. I see a few are selling here and there.. Not sure about the fabled AU RHD C2 market though... 

Anyway, if anyone comes across someone with a lazy 100g+ sitting around, let me know. 

fascinated to know how one has a spare cx-5 hanging around.

Funny.. I happen to have a MK6 Golf TDi sitting around I should probably sell ... they just kinda creep up on you !

>So I start thinking I'll ride the wave and sell a "sort of" spare CX-5 hanging around, you know like surf when the waves are up

Come down and I'll explain ya.  We're kinda mad, we actually own our stuff.