Gratuitous Porsche Pics

Those 911 bonnet decals are something you don,t see a lot of I have only seen photo,s of them in old magazines ,,,they look good on that car :D

Thanks. Its called "Safety Stripe".  Inventive huh? They were an option in 1974 and possibly 75.  I had them on a 2.7 Carrera MFI as factory fit.  That car was white as well so it really pops.  The side decal was also a 74/75 option.  I had them done and the guy that did it has the file so I might do it to my IROC as well.

Thanks. Its called "Safety Stripe".  Inventive huh? They were an option in 1974 and possibly 75.  I had them on a 2.7 Carrera MFI as factory fit.  That car was white as well so it really pops.  The side decal was also a 74/75 option.  I had them done and the guy that did it has the file so I might do it to my IROC as well.

Was this your car by any chance?

IMG_0709_zps28129d24.jpg

I adore it!

Was this your car by any chance?

IMG_0709_zps28129d24.jpg

I adore it!

It was. I sold it.  That one is a locally delivered 2.7 Carrera MFI whereas the one I posted is a 76 C3 which I recently purchased from Arnage.  

I my car lowered today.  About 20 mm. Looks tough.  I've also fitted a set of 930 brakes and rotors off a 78 930.  I'd sold them, lost them before I delivered and so refunded the $ and then the guys at the shop found them when they moved so I thought, lets fit them.  

You'll notice in the one you posted that it does not have the bonnet badge which is the correct way to apply the stripe from the factory. Useful fact that ...

It was. I sold it.  That one is a locally delivered 2.7 Carrera MFI whereas the one I posted is a 76 C3 which I recently purchased from Arnage.  

I my car lowered today.  About 20 mm. Looks tough.  I've also fitted a set of 930 brakes and rotors off a 78 930.  I'd sold them, lost them before I delivered and so refunded the $ and then the guys at the shop found them when they moved so I thought, lets fit them.  

You'll notice in the one you posted that it does not have the bonnet badge which is the correct way to apply the stripe from the factory. Useful fact that ...

You need to post some pics of the new ride height. :)

Porsche 911 T/R...Just four right-hand-drive Porsche 911 T/Rs were ever built, making this ex-Targa Florio example currently for sale in the Classic Driver Market one of the rarest – and thus most desirable – 911s in existence…

Did you know the Porsche 911 T’s body shell was a hefty 52kg lighter than that of the sportier 911 S? That’s why Porsche plumped for the former as the basis of its new 911 T/R, the properly homologated evolution of the now-mythical 911 R. There was little interior trim and no creature comforts to speak of – the options list was instead filled with motorsport-oriented parts and accessories such as the potent 210bhp engine from the 906 Carrera 6 prototype, a 100-litre endurance fuel tank and gear ratios suited specifically to the Nürburgring.

When Paddy McNally ordered this metallic silver example in 1968, he ticked almost all those boxes – a decision that paid off when he and Digby Martland won that year’s Winter Springbok Series. Its subsequent competition history included outings at the Targa Florio in the hands of Alain de Cadenet, and even later on the rally stage, where it scored numerous class wins. Now fully restored and home from its recent holiday at the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart, the car is waiting for you to write the next chapter of its story, be it on the racetrack, the road or the concours lawn. After all, you’ll not struggle for invites to virtually any of the world’s most important events with a 911 as special as this. 

porsche_911_t_r_01.jpg?itok=DQR3YQ2gporsche_911_t_r_02.jpg?itok=hlHCjLcjporsche_911_t_r_07.jpg?itok=ymK7yncyporsche_911_t_r_08.jpg?itok=DRBEtQkKporsche_911_t_r_09.jpg?itok=eLUttqWJporsche_911_t_r_10.jpg?itok=9tGzXi86porsche_911_t_r_06.jpg?itok=I1aqSyGF

That Targa Florio car is the same spec as the Alan Hamilton TR that came second in the Australian Touring Car Championship. 

1973 911 RSR | 3.8L TWIN TURBO | 6 SPEED

projects / 1973 911 rsr | 3.8l twin turbo | 6 speed1973-911-RSR-TWIN-TURBO_JAMES_2014-WERKSIMG_2989.jpgIMG_3009.jpg78-to-73-RSR-TT-rear-capet-detail.jpg78-to-73-RSR-TT-intercooler_set_up_1.jpg78-to-73-RSR-TT-rear-exhaust.jpg

Wasn't that owned by a guy from Sydney that had Patrick Motorsports build it.  

Edited by mph911