Gratuitous Porsche Pics

2 hours ago, Raven said:

How much did they sting you Lee ??

Well! Apparently it was a $423 fine committed in July, yet I'd honestly not seen anything come in the mail so I got some extra admin and late payment fees with a note  'Pay $695 now or we cancel your license' ?

Have put a claim in to revert back to the original fine cost. It's the 3 points I'm more worried about, as that leaves me 3 left ?

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Bloody Police state this country :rolleyes:

Over it mate. Seems if you bash or rob someone you get off with a slap on the wrist, yet do 8 kph over a speed limit and you're a criminal!

It seriously does scare me to even drive the Porsche in the hills with just 3 points left on my license, so I am going to have to weigh up my future with that one, as I need my license to work

Anyway, back to pics of Porsches

4 hours ago, Raven said:

Bloody Police state this country :rolleyes:

This is what genuinely scares me about my pending return home from Belgium. Over here there is no points system, only fines which are modest by comparison. You can speed as much as you like as long as you can afford to pay the associated fine. The only minor onerous thing is that if you get caught speeding 40kph over the limit, you might loos your license for the grand total of 2 weeks!  And you have such a things as iCoyote to tell you where all the fixed and mobile speed cameras are. I am sure that once I return to OZ, I will most likely lose my license in a matter of weeks.

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

Over it mate. Seems if you bash or rob someone you get off with a slap on the wrist, yet do 8 kph over a speed limit and you're a criminal!

It seriously does scare me to even drive the Porsche in the hills with just 3 points left on my license, so I am going to have to weigh up my future with that one, as I need my license to work

Anyway, back to pics of Porsches

You right about the criminal acts eg rob or bash some one ,no money to be made there so sting the motorists ...

In N.S.W it takes 3 years to get the 3 points back and to be honest on our roads with the amount of camera,s ,,,,,Hwy Patrol the odds are against you ..

6 hours ago, WGA said:

This is what genuinely scares me about my pending return home from Belgium. Over here there is no points system, only fines which are modest by comparison. You can speed as much as you like as long as you can afford to pay the associated fine. The only minor onerous thing is that if you get caught speeding 40kph over the limit, you might loos your license for the grand total of 2 weeks!  And you have such a things as iCoyote to tell you where all the fixed and mobile speed cameras are. I am sure that once I return to OZ, I will most likely lose my license in a matter of weeks.

The System is SHIT Mate fixed cameras mobile cameras ,the system is set up to make money,,very easy for do gooders to say don,t speed and you wont get caught ...It dosn,t help the the posted speed many change 4 or 5 times on a stretch of road   ..

There is a way around it but it is expensive  ....:(

rego the car in Business company name ,,,if you receive a speeding fine in the mail from a camera you are asked to nominate a driver.

because your business has employees you don,t now who was driving the car at the time of the infringement ..

The RMS then gives a very large fine to pay of a couple grand ,,,but no points are lost because you could not determine who was driving .

I fellow I do work for has a large Civil construction company he has done this several times as he is a real lead foot in his M3 ..

But he does employ around 100 people and have a very large vehicle fleet of trucks ,utes ,and cars ..

54 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

In NSW, 

1. Lose points

2. Third party premium increases

3. Comprehensive increases

4. Lose the discount on your next licence renewal

5. And get a fine

Dont forget double demerits on long week ends ...this week end coming ..:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yeah @Raven, I told the missus if I get stung again, she was driving 

I use the Metro View nav app on my phone around town, it knows the speed limits, and changes instantly, it puts up a red circle around the speed and also lets you know audibly if you go over, saved my arse quite a few times.

29 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

I use the Metro View nav app on my phone around town, it knows the speed limits, and changes instantly, it puts up a red circle around the speed and also lets you know audibly if you go over, saved my arse quite a few times.

Thanks Steve, I have just purchased it for $9.95.  Cheap insurance.    

1 minute ago, Niko said:

Thanks Steve, I have just purchased it for $9.95.  Cheap insurance.    

Waze does the same thing - at no cost. The other benefit with Waze is that its owned by Google so it has a wide feed of real time traffic movement and it also allows people to post real tile road hazards, like breakdowns, accidents. speed cameras, etc

2 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Waze does the same thing - at no cost. The other benefit with Waze is that its owned by Google so it has a wide feed of real time traffic movement and it also allows people to post real tile road hazards, like breakdowns, accidents. speed cameras, etc

Ended up it couldn't install MetroView because I haven't got enough space, so I will give WAZE a try  Thanks mate.

9 hours ago, WGA said:

Road laws/speeding/ fines/ points are not the only surprises you'll find with the country when you return, the nanny states, do gooders and SJW's are outta control in a huge amount of areas above and below the bureaucratic level and it's filtering down through everyday normy life for businesses, employees, singles, mums n dads n kids, everyone, has been for quite a while. The slow drip I used to call it, now it's accelerating ...

In Vic, 10 - 15 ks over = 3 points and $350 and the system of the company paying the fine and no nomination of driver and no points was around $3500 last time I decided not to do it a few years back.

55 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

I will check it out, didn`t know it was in OZ

2 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Looks the goods Davo, but I think you may need an unlimited data plan to leave it running the whole time. The Metro View loads the maps onto your phone and doesn`t rely on coverage or data use.

14 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Looks the goods Davo, but I think you may need an unlimited data plan to leave it running the whole time. The Metro View loads the maps onto your phone and doesn`t rely on coverage or data use.

Steve, in my experience if you were to use it every day it will consume under 200MB/month. 

The features I like about Waze are the fact its real time, so it will usually flag speed changes in construction zones etc. It also has the ability to notify you of alerts only, so you can turn all of the other crap off

Give it a try for a week and monitor data usage of the app, if its too thirsty delete it 

8 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Steve, in my experience if you were to use it every day it will consume under 200MB/month. 

The features I like about Waze are the fact its real time, so it will usually flag speed changes in construction zones etc. It also has the ability to notify you of alerts only, so you can turn all of the other crap off

Give it a try for a week and monitor data usage of the app, if its too thirsty delete it 

Thanks, I will give it a go