924 and 924 turbo market watch - oz market

let you guys fill it in... but thought given the 928 guys are chewing their lips over the Q, and  given the recent rush of blood experienced by more  than a few here and likely lurkers... 

My only thought is , don't underestimate the fun you'll have putting a car tight and on the road... the question of whether it's a great drive well, is a secondary proposition ... for the moment.

irrespective, what's happening out there in 924 land 

Edited by michel

• 1 month later...

I sense a renewed interest in the 924 with car people interested in talking 924 as there as so few on the roads. Suggest that slowly 924 owners and moving from "I'm broke so all I can afford is this 924", to "The 924 is a fun little car that represents 70/80s motoring. A car I can drive and not worry about whether I should sell it to pay off the mortgage. I've got some spare $$ so I might sort it out to preserve a bit of Porsche history". Not many for sale these days and prices seem to be creeping upwards slowly.

I sense a renewed interest in the 924 with car people interested in talking 924 as there as so few on the roads. Suggest that slowly 924 owners and moving from "I'm broke so all I can afford is this 924", to "The 924 is a fun little car that represents 70/80s motoring. A car I can drive and not worry about whether I should sell it to pay off the mortgage. I've got some spare $$ so I might sort it out to preserve a bit of Porsche history". Not many for sale these days and prices seem to be creeping upwards slowly.

I had no interest until this morning when I followed a white one for part of my trip to work.  It was a baseline 924 in average condition, but sounded great and looked like a bit of care free fun

Edited by D2000

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently rebuilding the engine in mine. It has had a clutch riding on 'limp home' mode for a few years (including various track days), a bent conrod and the spring in the WUR was snapped in half. With all these problems the car was still a bunch of fun.... I can only imagine what it will be like with a sorted and 'improved... he he' engine. These cars have a reputation as being unreliable yet I think my is testament to how tough they truly are.

... sounded great and looked like a bit of care free fun.

Having just done a 280km club run in mine today (around Mt Warning and environs), I can confirm this. I love mine.

Every time I get in it I go back in time, and find a big smile on my face.

I have owned some great 70s/80s "classics" in the past, but the 924 floats my boat the most. All faster, but none handle as well.

I love the power of a 944, but they are (in all respects) noticeably heavier to drive, and (comparably) seem to rely more on grip than handling dynamics.

• 3 weeks later...

approx 3/5 the price on some CGT's and 15k more than the recent one sold outta Melbourne ... 

flipper investor speculator 'enthusiast' who buys in at this number . Well we know the flipper already had a bite at the cherry 

But by all accounting  a peachy car ... said before, it then made that silver car sold in QLD month or two back  at 17k,  and if this is truly YOT924T, the bargain.

still looking for those 2 mocha black T's

EDIT: base price not as expensive as I'd suggested but once bought shipped and taxed probably would be 

Edited by michel

Kompressor is German for "Supercharger"

Looks like a track focused 924 that has a blower a body kit, and lots of other goodies. Watch the track folk get excited over this one ....

there is a 924 up sth of Brissie  way with a Lexus v8 jammed in the engine bay - that's exciting 

Surprised no one spoken of this 

Porsche 924 on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1132646710?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms