[VIC] PFA Track Day 2017 - 12.02.2017

Orlando

Hi All! 

Hugh is correct in all his answers. Thanks Hugh :) 

Kerry and I are meeting tonight to finalise phase 2 of payment, as well as info night details and on-site venue details/garages. All of this and more will be confirmed and we'll be rolling out info asap over the next few days. 

The info night will be between a week and two weeks before the track day. Not late Feb as in 1st post - obviously a mistake :o fixed to Late Jan.

We've had a couple people pull out so there will be space for a few more people if they're interested, and more on this will be made available in the next day or two. 

Stay tuned!

More spaces are coming. We should be able to accommodate everyone re: space. Please note all drivers must be Financial Members, and 1 entry per person/account, so each driver needs a FM account to attend. 

Just add it on the bill , my visitors/family from overseas, im presuming I dont have to create three accounts .. no problems with 3 memberships.. In town for that weekend.. sharing 1 car.. please advise and can pay immediately 

More details coming very soon, but just a quick note:

More tickets will be made available in the next few days once we finalise some things, and we suggest not exchanging tickets or anything. This will only compound the confusion, sadly. 

It will all work out :) and there's still plenty of time to get in.

Hopefully more tomorrow!

More tickets will be made available in the next few days once we finalise some things, and we suggest not exchanging tickets or anything. This will only compound the confusion, sadly. 

Hopefully more tomorrow!

Cool

Hopefully more tomorrow!

ahhhh.... so how many car exactly are we expecting on the day?

Hopefully more tomorrow!

Ah, I was going to give my place to Symsy, how do we go about getting a deposit back?

Cheers

Hi @Orlando do we just pay the remainder into the same account and details per the deposit?

Thanks

JB

Yep!

There is another item in the store which specifies "FINAL PAYMENT" for the track day. Buying that item is how you'll pay off the remainder of the admission fee. 

The details for payment are there, and are the same as the initial payment :) 

Could someone please help with helmet selection. The guy from PCV last night mentioned AS???? standard. So far, I've come across Snell SA2010, Snell SA2015. ECE2055, AS1698. Which ones are accepted by clubs? Mike I know we talked about it a bit last night but I just want to make sure I get the right thing, and it's probably good for others to know also. There was talk of motor cycle helmets being ok. Are these ok for track days run by PCV and other clubs?

Could someone please help with helmet selection. The guy from PCV last night mentioned AS???? standard. So far, I've come across Snell SA2010, Snell SA2015. ECE2055, AS1698. Which ones are accepted by clubs? Mike I know we talked about it a bit last night but I just want to make sure I get the right thing, and it's probably good for others to know also. There was talk of motor cycle helmets being ok. Are these ok for track days run by PCV and other clubs?

I can't answer your question directly but my suggestion would be go to a reputable race shop and try them all on and get pro advice.  Chances are they're all compliant or they'll tell you which ones are.  As much as anything else there is a large variation of fit and comfort depending on the size and shape of your scone.  You'll need to decide on full face or open too.  Full gives much better protection but I find very claustrophobic and given I go to the track for fun and don't ever do 10/10 that was my choice. Erol at Revolution Racegear is knowledgeable but I'm sure they're others.

Well done Simon, you've asked exactly the same question I was going to pose! Hunting through a few websites last night at both Motorsport and motorcycle helmets, it looks like ECE2205 standard hemlits are taken to comply with AS1698 & consequently, not many are marked with the AS1698 sticker. CAMS website is a little vague, doesn't mention ECE2205 yet it appears to be the accepted standard on everything else I'm reading. I'd hate to go and buy an ECE2205 hemlit from say Peter Stevens motorcycles, only to find it's not acceptable on the day.

Theres a fair price difference between the vast array of motorcycle helmets and Motorsport helmets, iro $300 for what's going to be a limited use item for me, but it's pointless buying the wrong one. I know many will say what's the value of your head etc, but having happily used a motorcycle helmet for many years of track days back in the UK I'm struggling a little with the rules over here.

$500

http://raceline-racewear.com.au/bell-mag-1-helmet.html

$200

http://www.peterstevens.com.au/riding-gear/helmets/open-face/2016-bell-custom-500-ece-helmet-stripes.html

Help!

I bought one for $60 delivered from feabay - 

OPEN FACE HELMET MATT BLACK SUIT HARLEY SCOOTER MOTORBIKE MOTORCYCLE CRUISER NEW

NEW OPEN FACE HELMET

FREE POST

HAS THE REAL AUSTRALIAN STANDARD STICKER

All the top helmet manufacturers in Australia use 5 tick certification SAI Global

CERTIFIED AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS AS/NZS 1698

5 tick approvel not 1 tick as others

XSmall 52-54cm

Small 54-56cm

Medium 56-58cm

Large 58-60cm

Extra Large 60-62cm

HOW TO DETERMINE CORRECT SIZE?

Use a cloth tape or small tape measure to take the measurement of your head. The circumference of your head should be measured at the widest point

IN STOCK

Included in box:-

Helmet

helmet bag

light Weight Construction ABS 

Removable Check pads

Colour AS SHOWN

D-Ring Chin Strap

Soft and Secure Internal Padding

CERTIFIED AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS AS/NZS 1698

HAS THE REAL AUSTRALIAN STANDARD STICKER

All the top helmet manufacturers in Australia use 5 tick certification SAI Global

FREE POST

Registered + insurance Australia Wide.  Including packaging postage/handling.

Buyer is responsible for all the necessary safety pre

PCV Standing Competition Rules
HELMETS
Helmets must comply with those as listed in Schedule D of CAMS Manual of
Motor Sport i.e. AS 1698.
Decoration of helmets is potentially dangerous. Members are warned of the
hazard of using paint or decals. The use of helmets that have been damaged or
involved in an accident is prohibited.

It's not a PCV event guys nor is it competition 

you just need an AU approved crash hat as you'd buy from most retailers.  Think they'll all be AU approved

Bike or car,  open or closed it's up to you

by all means buy an expensive one if you're keen / can justify it but as a minimum for these driver training events you don't need to go mad

my $0.10 

I have a couple of spare open face helmets, I think a medium and a large if anyone would like to borrow rather than buy if it's a infrequent thing for them, or would just rather not rush in and buy a helmet that doesn't suit them long term.

If you're thinking of purchasing based on what standards might suit further competition use, here is Schedule D from Cams.

http://docs.cams.com.au/Manual/GeneralRequirements/GQ05-Schedule-D-2017-1.pdf

Generally, there are some different requirements for Club/Multi Club vs State/National/International and what category of Motorsport it is, but for the most part anything AS, BS, SFI or Snell will do. If you're already competing at/above state level you'll already know exactly what you need...

cool-motorcycle-helmets-by-good-1.jpg?w=

Edited by TrevMcRev