[VIC] PFA Track Day 2017 - 12.02.2017

Orlando

@Kerry is there any change of garage allocation prior to scrutineering?  I am just thinking that drivers could then unload their cars in their garage first.

Because we have 50 or more cars to get through in an hour we wil get people to go straight to the scrutineering line, allocation of garage numbers can happen then, and cars can be parked there ready for the driver briefing. We are still unsure of how many other entities (trade suppliers etc) are going to take garages, which we will keep all at one end, and as such, exact garage allocation will happen on the day, as cars are scrutineered.

Throwing out an idea.  As a lot of us know each other only by our nick name on PFA and not by face.  Name tags/stickers with PFA nicks on them would make meeting friends easier

Its a good idea. Some of our membership are a "bashful" lot and don't like labels... but I think its a good idea! ;)

ALSO...

DRIVERS on the day CAN BE volunteer scrutineers as well,

it'll just involve a bit of shimmying around and role substitution whilst you get your car through... just sayin'!

As well, if your car has recently been scrutineered via a PCV event or similar, let us know on the day, we can fast track that type of entry!

VOLUNTEERING FORM

Edited by Kerry

Bring them all!

You'll need to take note of the security gate password which will be published a few days before (I'd be guessing it'll be PFA RULZ, but anyway) to let any friends/family know coming independently, but as far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier! I'd be also suggesting that morning to lunchtime is going to be the best time, I'd wonder that numbers might tend to fall off mid-afternoon with some sore arms needing a bit of attention! ;)

@Pork Chops and @hugh , hat trick. 

Mine out of storage as well. 

This guy can't get enough of the helmet. He calls himself The Stiglet. 

CE738AAE-B905-4D01-8023-06D6CBCB0DF5_zps

It's funny how only kids like to pretend to be race car drivers?

my boy Jackie not the stig

IMG_3650.JPG

Edited by Troy997.1

Having said that, drivers with little or no track experience will NOT be let loose to crash their cars into whatever/whomever they like, willy-nilly! This ain't dodge-ems!

Perspective please! :blink::rolleyes:B)

AND...........

desismileys_3094-1_zps0fd46719.gif

TRY NOT TO BOWL THE PHOTOGRAPHERS 

desismileys_4514.gif

OVER....:P

Pleeeeeese...

With the weather forecast looking average, I'm a bit edgy having just put R spec tyres on the 3.2. My spare car will be arriving later in the morning with the family in it. If it does turn out to be too hairy in the 3.2, can I get the 996 "scrutineered" when it arrives?

With the weather forecast looking average, I'm a bit edgy having just put R spec tyres on the 3.2. My spare car will be arriving later in the morning with the family in it. If it does turn out to be too hairy in the 3.2, can I get the 996 "scrutineered" when it arrives?

I'm sure we can work something out if you want to swap to a new car during the day. For those that are bringing multiple cars, we want to scrutineer them at the same time at the start of the day, as to not get bogged down during the day.

If you happen to bring a car later than we will do it when car 2 arrives.

The R spec's can perform quite well in the wet too, no need to be overly concerned. 

From an instructional point of view, getting out in the wet will be some of the most beneficial driving you will get! 

I've driven a 500hp Skyline at Sandown in cold and wet conditions on R specs and yes you need to drive to the conditions but I was very surprised how much grip was available. Tyres were properly hot in the pits. Medium Bridgestone RE55s. Personally with the current forecast I'd be running the R specs regardless. Others may have a different opinion but that is my experience and my view. Road tyres do not like the track IMHO.

Hey folks - as I approach this weekend full of excitement, did want to clarify something wth those arranging / driving on the day. Not to proud to admit that I very much have my 'L Plates' on when it comes to being on a track - there seems to be a few serious cars and drivers attending / is it appropriate for me to get some track time (gentle) and not disrupt this one, given it's the first event as well ? 

honest feedback appreciated from those with more  experience than me ?

Hey folks - as I approach this weekend full of excitement, did want to clarify something wth those arranging / driving on the day. Not to proud to admit that I very much have my 'L Plates' on when it comes to being on a track - there seems to be a few serious cars and drivers attending / is it appropriate for me to get some track time (gentle) and not disrupt this one, given it's the first event as well ? 

A great point!

We're going to segment the day into alternating Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced sessions
. So you will be able to enter as a Beginner, and if you begin to feel like you want to push it a bit more, you'll be able to move up into Intermediate if you're interested throughout the day.

This is a beginner event, and as much as there will be experienced track veterans involved, we're looking to cater more to the Beginners than the Advanced...

There will also be many driver instructors present on the day for advice/tuition!

Have no fear! You'll be perfectly suited to drive at your own pace, with other beginners.

We we're all beginners when we started, and each time out on track you become a beginner again having to learn what the track and our cars feel like again and any changes which have occurred since we've last been there.

No experience necessary, you will be teamed up with an instructor at the start of the day. You'll be surprised at how much you can achieve with an instructor in the car! 

With the weather forecast looking average, I'm a bit edgy having just put R spec tyres on the 3.2. 

I'm not too thrilled either, but with the forecast now being a 50% chance of 1-2mm in the morning I don't think we have much to worry about. Temperature and cloud cover is almost perfect though!!! B)

You'll actually find it more difficult with the R's to spin up a tyre compared to streets since the grip level is so much higher, a little bit of wet will bring them back down to regular tyres.

Remember first session should be the slowest of the day and will allow you to get a feel for how slippery the tyres/track is. Braking in a straight line whilst being slow in and fast out should mean you have nothing to worry about.