28 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Two cars now at the bottom of the market, this and the purple one at Duttons.  So a consensus seems to be forming over price.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-18580929/?Cr=31

Consensus?  Or collusion?  It remains asking price, not sold price.  Who will blink first?   I’d still stump up the extra for this.....which is still unsold after under beating everyone to sub 400k.  

I did notice my local shopping strip was really busy yesterday, a stark contrast to a week ago.  Virus has been well managed and the messaging is now around the path out of iso.  We even sold a custom home this week. 🤔  Seems to me the dire forecasts are behind us so that might put a floor under the falls?  But that’s for another thread.....😂

jghebxl5rdrw9g0yamg2ijh9.heic?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY19

• 3,600 km
  • Coupe
  • Automatic
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol

Private

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-991-Auto-MY19/SSE-AD-6609669

6 minutes ago, DJM said:

Consensus?  Or collusion?  It remains asking price, not sold price.  Who will blink first?   I’d still stump up the extra for this.....which is still unsold after under beating everyone to sub 400k.  

I did notice my local shopping strip was really busy yesterday, a stark contrast to a week ago.  Virus has been well managed and the messaging is now around the path out of iso.  We even sold a custom home this week. 🤔  Seems to me the dire forecasts are behind us so that might put a floor under the falls?  But that’s for another thread.....😂

• 3,600 km
  • Coupe
  • Automatic
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol

Private

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-991-Auto-MY19/SSE-AD-6609669

I don't think many in the MK1 market will also cross shop the MK2 market, the price disparity is too great.  I'd prefer the MK2 for sure, but if I could stump up the extra $100k again I'd buy a 2RS.

23 minutes ago, DJM said:

• 3,600 km
  • Coupe
  • Automatic
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol

Private

I am optimistic but cautious still which is usually not my style . Reckless cautious is me 

I believe people will wait to see restrictions come off and see where it goes if all goes well which I hope let’s move forward and get on with it .

The 99.1RS over the 991.2 GT3 both similar pricing for me I am going with the .2 GT3 .

If I get offered the right car at $280 I’m in . Thanks 

9 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I am optimistic but cautious still which is usually not my style . Reckless cautious is me 

I believe people will wait to see restrictions come off and see where it goes if all goes well which I hope let’s move forward and get on with it .

The 99.1RS over the 991.2 GT3 both similar pricing for me I am going with the .2 GT3 .

If I get offered the right car at $280 I’m in . Thanks 

I agree on all points, and but would take a .1 RS if they were ~25k cheaper than the .2GT3.  But can't see myself getting back in the Porsche market anytime soon :(

8 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I agree on all points, and but would take a .1 RS if they were ~25k cheaper than the .2GT3.  But can't see myself getting back in the Porsche market anytime soon :(

Did you sell yours?

For me a .1 RS would need to be stupid cheap. But I’m a damaged individual - having experienced engine failure in 996 GT2 I REALLY don’t want the finger follower risk bouncing around in the back of my mind as I rev beyond 7000rpm.  No matter how low the risk.  

So I’d stump up probably a lot more than 25k to avoid .1.  In the hands of a mere mortal, a .2 GT3 would be every bit as fast and enjoyable as .1 RS and I actually don’t like all the scoops and fins etc of the RS.  I assume you could retro fit a few bits to make a GT3 feel “RS like” easily.

But I’ve been so tempted to call mr black .2 RS MR and feel him out.  But I suspect I’d only offend......🤔

15 minutes ago, DJM said:

Did you sell yours?

For me a .1 RS would need to be stupid cheap. But I’m a damaged indivual - having experienced engine failure in 996 GT2 I REALLY don’t want the finger follower risk bouncing around in the back of my mind as I rev beyond 7000rpm.  No matter how low the risk.  

So I’d stump up probably a lot more than 25k to avoid .1.  In the hands of a mere mortal, a .2 GT3 would be every bit as fast and enjoyable as .1 RS and I actually don’t like all the scoops and fins etc of the RS.  I assume you could retro fit a few bits to make a GT3 feel RS like easily.

But I’ve been so tempted to call mr black .2 RS MR and feel him out.  But I suspect I’d only offend......🤔

No, I've still got mine, it is a work in progress with a potential. 

Keep a warranty up to the .1 and I wouldn't have an issue with it, but I understand your point.

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Two cars now at the bottom of the market, this and the purple one at Duttons.  So a consensus seems to be forming over price.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-18580929/?Cr=31

Dropped $11k today

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY16

b88wvl94zbo6kf0t85n8vbdxi.jpg?aspect=cen

Kilometres Body New price
11,489km Coupe price-down-arrow.png  $318,990*

Transmission Engine Original price
Automatic 6cyl 4.0L $329,900

Dealer: Used Enquire

2 minutes ago, DJM said:

Not a GT3 but interesting and cheap comparison to a manual GT3.  Same power and more torque than a .2 RS 😲

1B537E07-FF46-4A92-958D-79EEB00AE644.png

I am pretty sure that the service advisor at Brighton told me that the DME shows when a car has been mapped and once this is discovered Porsche will no longer allow the extended warranty on the car.  This conversation came about as they had a highly modified turbo in there when I was there last that the owner was looking to get rid of for a new car.

11 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I am pretty sure that the service advisor at Brighton told me that the DME shows when a car has been mapped and once this is discovered Porsche will no longer allow the extended warranty on the car.  This conversation came about as they had a highly modified turbo in there when I was there last that the owner was looking to get rid of for a new car.

But it’s “guaranteed by Peter Fitzgerald of Evolve Technik”..... .......😂. Good luck with that it the engine goes pop.  Peter’s a nice bloke but not sure he has the means to step in if Porsche declined to cover it.

poor man’s 991 GT2 with a manual gearbox for the price of a 997 GT3.  Interesting one but not for me.

1 minute ago, DJM said:

But it’s “guaranteed by Peter Fitzgerald of Evolve Technik”..... .......😂. Good luck with that it the engine goes pop.  Peters a nice bloke but not sure he has the means to step in if Porsche declined to cover it.

I asked why don't they just flash the DME back to standard, that is when he said the the DME will always have a record of it.  So without it is some form of piggy back mod, I just wouldn't take the risk as the car is marked for life.  I'd be pissed if it caught me out once the car runs out of new car warranty and I wanted to extend it.

5 minutes ago, DJM said:

But it’s “guaranteed by Peter Fitzgerald of Evolve Technik”..... .......😂. Good luck with that it the engine goes pop.  Peter’s a nice bloke but not sure he has the means to step in if Porsche declined to cover it.

poor man’s 991 GT2 with a manual gearbox for the price of a 997 GT3.  Interesting one but not for me.

I found in my GT3 that 3 gear plus reverse was usually adequate 

8 minutes ago, DJM said:

Not a GT3 but interesting and cheap comparison to a manual GT3.  Same power and more torque than a .2 RS 😲

1B537E07-FF46-4A92-958D-79EEB00AE644.png

Only you Doug 🙄, I personally appreciate cars like this and wouldn't mind a loan for the weekend but not interested in owning a modded turbo the temptation to keep extracting more power is a curse😬! i might have owned a few WRX in my twenties 😳daily drivers of course.

Porsche like all manufactures of turbo cars will of course cover themselves by having the best diagnostics available to identify such mods wether or not they have been reinstated back to standard.

Can you buy it Doug and lend it to me for a weekend i'm sure it would go like stink.

1 hour ago, Scott SS964 said:

Can you buy it Doug and lend it to me for a weekend i'm sure it would go like stink.

No......I’ve gone shopping for a GT3 twice, once I came home with a GT2, the next time a GT4.  A Turbo T would be straying further from the mission.  
Must......stay.....focussed.  I have a boost addiction so I am easily distracted 😂

C72ECAA9-244B-4D78-8886-84C1A2D5414C.jpeg

5 hours ago, DJM said:

3 hours ago, DJM said:

No......I’ve gone shopping for a GT3 twice, once I came home with a GT2, the next time a GT4.  A Turbo T would be straying further from the mission.  
Must......stay.....focussed.

Damn you DJM :unsure:

The Carrera T has been a distraction for me whilst searching for a GT3.  Same affliction as you it seems, everytime I want to buy a GT3, I end up buying something else. Mostly because I don't want to commit to the big $$, since I missed the price boat in 2013-15. This time, I'm hoping that some kind of miracle market downturn will bring some more realistic 996/997 GT3's to the market. These last couple of 997's listing at $200k, and + is making me lose hope.

On 17/04/2020 at 21:17, spiller said:

^^^ GT Silver is the best of the 4 in my eyes. Cracking car for under 300.

I was actually going to say the complete opposite 😂. Why bother getting an RS in the worlds most boring colour. You may as well try to get a RS Touring 😝

1 minute ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Such is the tapestry of life.  I know that I am not alone on here though. What's your choice?

I think driving an RS is such a sense of occasion that the brighter the colour the better, lets face it if you can handle driving around with all the wings, winglets and fins then a pop of colour is a given. The purple will be the one people want in the future is my tip. (silver or platinum wheels though)