Auto was always going to lead the charge down. Don't think you'd find a dealer that would give you $250k at the moment. I think you'd struggle to get $200k unless you took something more expensive off their hands.

Just had a convo with the largest car dealer in my neck of the woods (About a dozen brands). They laid off 40% of their staff a couple of weeks back and have cut everyone that is left to 4hrs a day.

Dealers are going out the door backwards and just waiting for job-keeper to roll in. I highly doubt your local Porsche dealer is any different.

So .2s are now dropping into 270-290, yet there are 5 x .1s at 249k and above 😂

Surely .1s are never going to sell beyond very low 2s now?  What’s the delta for a 3 to 4 year next gen car without the engine stigma?  Gotta be 50k+?

fascinating options coinciding in the high 200s, what’s your choice

60196CB1-ACC9-45E6-863C-CCACA6E7AC6C.png

^^^ I reckon history shows there’s generally about a 50K delta between each generation of GT3 which seems to hold steady as the cars age. The exception is 996.1 v 996.2 which are within 10% and usually comes down to condition of individual cars.  996 RS every day out of the bunch above.

28 minutes ago, DJM said:

Surely .1s are never going to sell beyond very low 2s now?  What’s the delta for a 3 to 4 year next gen car without the engine stigma?  Gotta be 50k+?

Well the 997 is circa $100k over what it would actually sell for... so were down to 3 options, still mine is 996 GT3 RS

48 minutes ago, DJM said:

d93eagkcx9pjs0s5e9eoe2fxq.jpg?pxc_method=gravityfill&pxc_bgtype=self&pxc_size=720,480

18 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I was told some time ago that dealers were looking for an 8% margin on cars, so let's say the car is sold for $270k plus ORC, so that makes the wholesale price around the $250k mark with around 20,000kms

@NBTBRV8 and also the dealer needs to pay GST, so take off another $27k to reach their wholesale price. And need to factor in some costs; let's say costs of $5k for storing, staffing, real estate etc, so wouldn't that mean a wholesale price of $218k?   ($270k sale price - $20k margin - $27k GST - $5k costs)

23 minutes ago, twro said:

@NBTBRV8 and also the dealer needs to pay GST, so take off another $27k to reach their wholesale price. And need to factor in some costs; let's say costs of $5k for storing, staffing, real estate etc, so wouldn't that mean a wholesale price of $218k?   ($270k sale price - $20k margin - $27k GST - $5k costs)

Based on what I have been offered for my .1 this simply isn't right.  Don't forget the end buyer pays the GST, so that is simply passed on to them.

1 hour ago, twro said:

If Dealer buys/ trades from a non-GST registered individual, then they get a notional 1/11 GST input credit to offset the GST included in the final price, so they effectively only remit GST on their margin when they sell the car.  If they are buying / trading from a GST registered person / business then the 1/11 GST input credit is available to them anyway, so same net effect, but they get the credit as soon as they buy / trade the car.....

2 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

When I bought my .1 with 9000kms it was 3 years old for about this price.  So whilst there isn't price/km parity with the .1 market on a like for like age basis, the gap has shrunk a lot in the last 3 months or so.

Wouldn’t that mean that the .1 is overpriced ?

Or is the .2 undervalued ?

29 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Wouldn’t that mean that the .1 is overpriced ?

Or is the .2 undervalued ?

No, I am just saying that now that the oldest .2s are mid $200s at the three year Mark, this is in line with the .1s after three years.  This didn't look the case only three months or so ago.  The .1s depreciation accelerated in years three to four.  It looks like the .2s are doing the same.

4 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

No, I am just saying that now that the oldest .2s are mid $200s at the three year Mark, this is in line with the .1s after three years.  This didn't look the case only three months or so ago.  The .1s depreciation accelerated in years three to four.  It looks like the .2s are doing the same.

When the 992’s come out will be interesting to see where the GT3 market will settle .

Yep cheapest available is listed as Nov 17 compliance so it’s barely 2.5 years old and 275k.  

Makes the richmonds .1 at 265k and the white Vic .1 at 269k look a little silly.  The Vic car says a .1 has same performance as .2 for $100k less 🤔 might need to update his ad, it’s 6k less 😂

cmpxmq1msi8du85n8i39g1lxg.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2017 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY18

• 22,349 km
  • Coupe
  • Automatic
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol

Dealer Used

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY18/OAG-AD-18656105

Interesting conundrum now, .2 GT3 at 270-290k or .1 RS at 320k?  For me the former represents better value.

And a .2 RS is now minimum $100k leap over non RS, does that reflect the difference when new?