16 hours ago, edgy said:

But we can collude to bring transaction prices down for one another... 

Sensible just dont tell anyone 😂

16 hours ago, DJM said:

Geez fellas, we can’t all be in the race, we’ll bid prices back up to where they began....😂

Ok then it seems there is a little support for the .2s what are people interested in PDK/manual? 

I am happy for you fellas to partake in the 1st fire front I'll help bail out the 2nd wave (only joking however it would be nice to pick up a sub $200k 991.2 gt3 man. 😬😳) how many do we think/know got delivered here.

I don't know but I do know there were more .1 RS delivered than plain old .1 GT3.  When I was waiting for my .2 I was 7th on the list. I ended up picking up the second one for Parra because everyone in front of me switched their money to the RS. I wouldn't be surprised to find there are more RS than GT3 in the .2 as well.

Of the orders they had at the time, about 30% were manual. But again, not final figures, maybe someone in the know can enlighten us.

So i sent my SA an email today re: the above (how many GT3 vs RS, and what split manual vs auto).

The response was that he's been asked this several times, however PCA won't release the numbers. I'm guessing  because they don't want people to know that the rarer car is the cheaper one.

49 minutes ago, sleazius said:

So i sent my SA an email today re: the above (how many GT3 vs RS, and what split manual vs auto).

The response was that he's been asked this several times, however PCA won't release the numbers. I'm guessing  because they don't want people to know that the rarer car is the cheaper one.

I'm sure your guess is right

GT3 Manual < GT3 PDK < GT3RS

But cheaper or rarer doesn't matter if you want what the RS offers (for me, anyhow)

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

You would think they do this to stop price gouging, which is fine for a number of years.  You'd hope that when the youngest car gets, say 5 years old, they release the data for the enthusiasts.

1 hour ago, NevB said:

But cheaper or rarer doesn't matter if you want what the RS offers (for me, anyhow)

Fair point.

The 991.2GT3RS looks like an amazing car what got you into RS versions have you had them before ? I've never owned an RS version however I have been very tempted on a number of occasions.

Scott

7 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Ok then it seems there is a little support for the .2s what are people interested in PDK/manual? 

I am happy for you fellas to partake in the 1st fire front I'll help bail out the 2nd wave (only joking however it would be nice to pick up a sub $200k 991.2 gt3 man. 😬😳) how many do we think/know got delivered here.

Preference 1 would be 991.2 GT3 manual Clubsport.  The Miami blue CTS car is about right.  I will track it and PDK is faster but who cares, manual is more engaging the rest of the time.

Failing that a black 991.2 GT3 RS would suffice for ultimate track hero status 😁

11 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Fair point.

The 991.2GT3RS looks like an amazing car what got you into RS versions have you had them before ? I've never owned an RS version however I have been very tempted on a number of occasions.

Scott

My first GT car was the GT3 Touring, which I still have as a daily driver. The manual is awesome fun around town but things do get frantic changing gears around 9000rpm 😲

I've driven a 991.1 RS years ago, and it felt quite civilized, almost quiet and soft, below 4000rpm. Above 5000rpm it was awesome, and that PDK-S, wow - I wondered if I should change from manual to PDK

Some time later, I was thinking about doing some track days, and a 991.2 GT3RS became available at Brghton, and I had a rush of blood over common sense 🤣

Anyhow, the RS is quite different from the GT3T, surprisingly so since they share so much DNA.

16 minutes ago, NevB said:

Anyhow, the RS is quite different from the GT3T, surprisingly so since they share so much DNA.

For maybe 6 track days a year and the rest of the time occasional weekend drives, would you recommend the RS or would a manual GT3 be the better allrounder?  Having driven neither I’m curious, I wax and wane between the 2 on paper.  I tend to get white line fever on track so maybe RS is the sharper tool for the job.  I can pretend I’m Kevin Estre.

54 minutes ago, NevB said:

My first GT car was the GT3 Touring, which I still have as a daily driver. The manual is awesome fun around town but things do get frantic changing gears around 9000rpm 😲

I've driven a 991.1 RS years ago, and it felt quite civilized, almost quiet and soft, below 4000rpm. Above 5000rpm it was awesome, and that PDK-S, wow - I wondered if I should change from manual to PDK

Some time later, I was thinking about doing some track days, and a 991.2 GT3RS became available at Brghton, and I had a rush of blood over common sense 🤣

If I'm honest the 991.2 GT3 touring is the probably the perfect car for me and my needs these days.......  then i see the wing the cage and the seats in a club sport manual and I go weak at the knees.

One thing people should note when considering the GT3PDK  V GT3RS is that the PDK is noticeably quicker in the RS, I think they call it PDKS

44 minutes ago, DJM said:

For maybe 6 track days a year and the rest of the time occasional weekend drives, would you recommend the RS or would a manual GT3 be the better allrounder?  Having driven neither I’m curious, I wax and wane between the 2 on paper.  I tend to get white line fever on track so maybe RS is the sharper tool for the job.  I can pretend I’m Kevin Estre.

You're  are a track rat Doug, you need a cup car for the track and a Touring for your daily - 😁 for ever job done.

9 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

If I'm honest the 991.2 GT3 touring is the probably the perfect car for me and my needs these days.......  then i see the wing the cage and the seats in a club sport manual and I go weak at the knees.

One thing people should note when considering the GT3PDK  V GT3RS is that the PDK is noticeably quicker in the RS, I think they call it PDKS

You're  are a track rat Doug, you need a cup car for the track and a Touring for your daily - 😁 for ever job done.

Scott, save yourself 300 grand and grab a cup car AND a GT3T. Problem solved. Once you’ve had a proper race car you won’t care about the bolt in cage and display fire extinguisher :). 

6 hours ago, DJM said:

I'd choose a 991.2 GT3 over the 991.1 GT3RS. The 991.2 GT3 really raised the bar over the 991.1 in my assessment

The choice of 991.2 GT3 vs 991.2 GT3RS depends on your skill and taste I think. The RS is much firmer, has better turn in, is louder and rawer, and has a greater sense of occasion. If that works for you, RS all the way. For some, the RS is too much, and the noise and sharpness wears them down. GT3 FTW. 

Test drive an RS for 20 minutes, and all your questions will be answered!

I see the yellow car that was for sale ago sometime both privately and on Grays Online auction is back on the market.  I know a little history on the car.

Check out this 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY14. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY14/SSE-AD-6613618

2 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Not watching very hard then :), what about the red one with the aftermarket exhaust that was fo sale in QLD for months at $279k?  Got pulled off Carsales in the last fortnight.

55 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

what about the red one with the aftermarket exhaust that was fo sale in QLD for months at $279k?

There was a Red Manual 991.2 GT3 advertised by a dealer in QLD at one stage (about Jan/Feb '20 or so). Advertised for $298k plus on roads ($309k drive away iirc?). Do you recall if that may have been the same Red one you mentioned - I didn't see it at a lower price, but wasn't watching that close?

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Trade in on a the Bentley?   250 tradein?  How long before its shopped out or is it the next best thing whilst waiting for stock to turnup ( diversifying in the short term)

8 minutes ago, luzzo said:

And there's this cheap one too...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/auburn/cars-vans-utes/2018-porsche-911-991-my18-gt3-viper-green-6-speed-manual-coupe/1237873017

I think i recall a previous comment on here about it having accident history? (if its the same car?)

Previous life

7B7A2C38-7592-4E34-A161-D10BD1C27566.png

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

There was a Red Manual 991.2 GT3 advertised by a dealer in QLD at one stage (about Jan/Feb '20 or so). Advertised for $298k plus on roads ($309k drive away iirc?). Do you recall if that may have been the same Red one you mentioned - I didn't see it at a lower price, but wasn't watching that close?

I don't recall the car you are talking about.  But the red $279k Car was discussed earlier in this thread.  It had done 20,000kms and had an aftermarket exhaust on it.  When the owner was trying to sell it back in the day he wanted $360k and said this made it akin to an RS!  It then was listed formal by a dealer for a number of months and slowly dropped to $279k gradually over time.

54 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Trade in on a the Bentley?   250 tradein?  How long before its shopped out or is it the next best thing whilst waiting for stock to turnup ( diversifying in the short term)

My guess $280k.  Now it might be $270k wholesale.