Just now, Scott SS964 said:

I think driving an RS is such a sense of occasion that the brighter the colour the better, lets face it if you can handle driving around with all the wings, winglets and fins then a pop of colour is a given. The purple will be the one people want in the future is my tip. (silver or platinum wheels though)

I agree, but I'd still take a black wheeled car like Dutton's without too much arm twisting.

14 hours ago, DJM said:

what impact will this have - too far off in Aus to overlay with Covid effects?  

I drove a 99S for a few days and fell in love with the dash not to mention the power (thats another story). The 992 interior is a step change making the 991 feel dated then throw in the 992GT3  body styling featuring that rear wing and you know your in 2020 and not 2014. To answer your question though I think it will depend on 992 pricing if they keep it similar to the 991.2 (which is my guess) then there will be downward pressure on 991.2 pricing for sure. 

1 hour ago, MFX said:

I was actually going to say the complete opposite 😂. Why bother getting an RS in the worlds most boring colour. You may as well try to get a RS Touring 😝

Always a subjective topic! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not scared of colours, they generally suit the RS, but the pastel options they went with on the 991.1 are weak IMO. GT silver seems to suit the 991 well. Who cares what I think though as my wallet isn’t fat enough 😂

33 minutes ago, spiller said:

Always a subjective topic! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not scared of colours, they generally suit the RS, but the pastel options they went with on the 991.1 are weak IMO. GT silver seems to suit the 991 well. Who cares what I think though as my wallet isn’t fat enough 😂

Haha, I have very long arms and very short pockets :P

5 hours ago, MFX said:

I was actually going to say the complete opposite 😂. Why bother getting an RS in the worlds most boring colour. You may as well try to get a RS Touring 😝

Because I’m an Engineer and we’re all conservative bland types 😂  

I like black RS because it integrates all the carbon bits.  The lighter colours look too messy with all the blacks add ons, like you went to Supercheap and bought the catalogue.  

If I was to go lairy, it’d be purple on silver rims like @NBTBRV8.  Ever since that Chris Harris Mr Purple video I’ve liked them (I won’t post it again, google it if you’ve not seen it).
Owning a Lava Orange RS would be like owning a white Camry, they’re everywhere.

if I bought a Lizard Green one it’d have to come with this.......

4361084D-C9D7-45FD-AC1C-BE97D2E251DB.jpeg

Come to think of it, purple seems like old (.1) news.  Anyone seen a purple .2?

On 18/04/2020 at 15:50, DJM said:

Not a GT3 but interesting and cheap comparison to a manual GT3

@DJM this yellow T appeared on Carsales today listed at $189,000 - very much priced for a quick sale (the next cheapest manual is $215,000). 

Does the risk of the mods really outweigh the benefits? If so, why would anyone do them? (speaking from a non-modder)

2 hours ago, twro said:

@DJM this yellow T appeared on Carsales today listed at $189,000 - very much priced for a quick sale (the next cheapest manual is $215,000). 

Does the risk of the mods really outweigh the benefits? If so, why would anyone do them? (speaking from a non-modder)

Same one I posted above but he has now declared his hand on price.  Sounds pretty keen to sell so perhaps could be picked up cheaper.  I reckon plenty modify cars and don’t care about warranty risk.  Particularly if you buy below market. 

Interesting that he doesn’t mention the Fitzy ECU tune in the ad.  And why would you spend $20k on exhaust plus more on a tune and then “never pushed, never tracked”......what’s the point?

In any case, it’s not a GT3.....

Yas Marina Blue and Miami Blue are very different. Yas can look blue to purple depending on the light, whereas miami is light blue to light green.

Miami is actually quite a polarising colour, in the vein of Lava Orange.

Cadbury all the way for my RS thanks.

The car is priced very nicely compared to the ones which have been sitting on Carsales for months, so all I say to the owner is GLWS.

14 hours ago, twro said:

The car is priced realistically given the current market he's competing against, and modded or not, I wish the seller a good and painless sale.

And apologies for double typing and not editing....

I wouldn't mind betting that this is the red one with the aftermarket exhaust that was in Queensland for sale a while ago.  It puts pressure on the blue clubsport that is for sale privately with the same k's.

Check out this 2017 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY18. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY18/OAG-AD-18656105

7 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I wouldn't mind betting that this is the red one with the aftermarket exhaust that was in Queensland for sale a while ago.  It puts pressure on the blue clubsport that is for sale privately with the same k's.

Check out this 2017 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY18. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY18/OAG-AD-18656105

Agreed . What do you think is the true price of the 991.2 GT3 ?

14 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Agreed . What do you think is the true price of the 991.2 GT3 ?

It depends on what you mean by a true price.  I was told some time ago that dealers were looking for an 8% margin on cars, so let's say the car is sold for $270k plus ORC, so that makes the wholesale price around the $250k mark with around 20,000kms.  Could you hypothesize that for every 5000 kms less travelled add on $10,000?  This would bring the current pricing structure in line roughly.

14 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

It depends on what you mean by a true price.  I was told some time ago that dealers were looking for an 8% margin on cars, so let's say the car is sold for $270k plus ORC, so that makes the wholesale price around the $250k mark with around 20,000kms.  Could you hypothesize that for every 5000 kms less travelled add on $10,000?  This would bring the current pricing structure in line roughly.

Yes sorry I should have worded it better .

I guess what we see currently is a $100K difference between the cheapest car and most expensive . I think you are most likely correct .

From my observations the cars priced in the 200s seem to sell anything above $300K will sit on the market

45 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Touring spec is old parlance for a car with standard or 18 way seats, i.e a non clubsport car.  Not what Porsche call a touring now, a wingless GT3.