930 for sale

Hi everyone

I have decided to sell my 930. It's currently on consignment at Richmonds Classic Cars here in Adelaide.

Here is the link   http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1980-porsche-930-turbo/

Genuine reason for sale. I can't get in and out of it without some trouble. An old motorcycle accident injury has come back to haunt me and at my age it's pretty well unfixable (is that a word:D). I have since bought a 928 and even though it's still a little bit difficult to get in and out of it's a lot easier than the 930 plus it's an auto which again is easier for me. 

It would not be fair to the 930 just leaving it in my man cave just for me to look at it (although I have to admit it is tempting).

I have decided to sell it through them as I don't want tyre kickers knowing where it resides or just to take it for a spin.

Anyway if you want more info, just message me and I will be more than happy to respond.

Cheers

Alex

5 minutes ago, edgy said:

Man that is a sweet colour & interior combo! 

Thanks Edgy and Adam. It looks much better in the flesh. For some reason the colour seems "washed out" in the photo's. It's a lot darker than that. Those photo's make it look like chocolate.

Type in Tobacco brown (I call it "bong water brown":Chuckle2:) and you will get a better idea.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks guys. I bought it about 15 years ago when everyone wanted a red or black 930. Poor guy couldn't sell it but I loved the unusual colour so made an offer and he gladly accepted. I think he must have had a lot of looks but no takers.

KGB, that name doesn't ring a bell but I don't have the books in front of me to confirm. 

Cheers

Alex

14 hours ago, WOKA said:

The colour is sensational.!  Very, very nice.  

I have a photo somewhere of one this colour being displayed at a car show in Launceston that the now defunct Classic and Collectors Motor Club of Tasmania ran back in probably 1981 or 1982.  I think it was the first 930 I'd ever seen in the flesh.....  Wonder where that car went to.....  Back in those days P cars were pretty rare in good old Tassie....

13 hours ago, Robert930 said:

Lovely looking combo, you do know that you can swap your front seats to non Sport seats and it will be easier to get into than your 928....just sayin :ph34r:

I did think of that but the problem isn't the seat it's my legs. It's the room I have getting my legs into the car (and I have the seat all the way back). I don't have the range of movement in my legs as most people do due to the injury. Admittedly the 928 doesn't have much more but it does make a difference. Losing a little bit of weight would probably help also:D.

Alex

Archived