996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 minute ago, Morpheus said:

Thanks Dave,

from your handle are you a fellow Discovery owner also?

Good manual coupes seem to disappear quickly- I have been too timid and too busy but learning a lot from this forum.

james

Hi James,

Haha... nah just an old nickname I've had the last 20 years. Nothing to do with 4WD's lol!

Yeah manual coupes are getting harder to come by, when I bought mine almost a year ago there were plenty on offer. Seems  owners have cottoned on and holding on to them.

Cheers,

Dave.

29 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Thanks Dave,

from your handle are you a fellow Discovery owner also?

Good manual coupes seem to disappear quickly- I have been too timid and too busy but learning a lot from this forum.

james

If in Adelaide did you see the green one (wrapped in white) with factory aero kit and full leather (tan) that @LeeM test drove the other day?  Have a look in the What's for sale in Australia and Interesting thread if not.

12 minutes ago, D2000 said:

If in Adelaide did you see the green one (wrapped in white) with factory aero kit and full leather (tan) that @LeeM test drove the other day?  Have a look in the What's for sale in Australia and Interesting thread if not.

Buying a car without seeing the condition of the paint underneath is a tough ask.

1 minute ago, Carrera28 said:

Got to ask what are they hiding with the wrap?

Perhaps nothing. That's the crap thing.

It might genuinely be that they wanted a new look. It'll be a very brave buyer to take the plunge on it though.

Mind you, the tan interior is not going to be to everyone's liking too.

19 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Buying a car without seeing the condition of the paint underneath is a tough ask.

As it is from a dealer, you could always make the purchase subject to the wrap being removed at dealer’s cost and paint being in good condition. 

I remember there was a 997 for sale recently with a wrap and they ended up removing it during the sales campaign (presumably because no one wanted to take the risk of the unknown). 

Guess there is a lesson there - if looking at wrapping a car take photos of the paint first and maybe even get the wrapping place to document the process

48 minutes ago, D2000 said:

I read Lee’s writeup here and on FB. I will have to go and have look when I am back (I’m in Positano now). The wrap looks good in the photos but I wonder what’s wrong with the original paint.. There is another white one in Aldinga too.

i also like the look of the blue auto coupe - prefer a manual but will have to drive a few first.

I believe the wrapped car is on consignment. I'd like to have had a look at the Aldinga car for myself, but I don't wish to waste anyones time, and white isn't my first choice of colour (gotta be silver). I was mainly just keen to take a 996 for a drive in the twisties, and if it ticked every box (it was nice to drive), I may have looked into it further. That's until the drive home and crashing my car ofcourse! As I mentioned, I probably wouldn't buy a wrapped car at $55k without a guarantee of what lurks below, yet if it was $40k, I might take a punt.

I can try to have a look at the Aldinga car if you chat with the owner @Morpheus and the blue one ofcourse

This forum is amazing! Have either of you looked at the blue one too? https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/SSE-AD-5243643

Yes, it’s a tip but it looks pretty nice.

The other one I have an eye on is the manual c2 coupe with the god awful wing on it - still on the market as no one seems to want it.

The import c4 also looks good.

They all look good....

45 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

This forum is amazing! Have either of you looked at the blue one too? https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/SSE-AD-5243643

Yes, it’s a tip but it looks pretty nice.

Thats been sitting on CS since 31/03/2018. Wonder if its still actually for sale?

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

Thats been sitting on CS since 31/03/2018. Wonder if its still actually for sale?

It’s been on CS for ages like you say,son selling it on behalf of his dad I phoned him when I was looking for one no ims work done price has been firm in all that time I wanted to knock price down a bit owner doesn’t want to budge on price I’m guessing that’s why it’s still for sale.

9 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Needs to try onewith some boost.   @ Rod C had a bit of a teaser lap around the block in vacuum.   Ask him what his thoughts were.  Pity he couldn't get  the boost  gauge off zero but

I'm looking forward to the main event ? 

Could definately see myself in a turbo one day, funny enough never thought much about the white gauges on the dash but having seen yours I can see why some people would have  ticked the box on that one.?

Much appreciated for the chance to drive a turbo and sorry I had to rush off.?