996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

8 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Probably the same one and Mr Flipper has no idea

Actually the one from WA had half the km from memory, I was half considering it one stage as supply of manuals a bit limited at the time. Thought I would hold out for the one I really want. Missed out on a couple of cars later on. Hence supply and demand might get my pockets a bit deeper.

Depends how good it is, yet that seems to be the normal $50-60k ballpark figure. From the 5 I've seen for sale the past week anyway. Some have similar Kay's and have IMS done, some don't yet they're the same price.

The three here for between $54 and $60k. Black one I passed one but a friend has, has had a load of work done including the IMS, new 997 clutch, and recently new Bilstein shocks, rims and tyres for $54k. A silver C2 is completely stock with 80,000km on the clock and $60k (lots of interest in that car too). The other is a nice silver C4 that has the GT3 bodykit yet otherwise stock at $60k. 

Anymore than that it would want to be mint and everything done to it including IMS, but I'm no expert, just my observations 

My thinking too Lee, small pond right now and lots of anglers.

i have even started thinking manual cabs or tipper coupes as a lower entry point for a fun daily. Had a crack at the silver tip coupe in Vic <$40k but just missed it ☹️

Just depends how hard you want to hit people with a lowball offer I s'pose.

The black tip coupe that I drove a while ago was a very nice car (great fun too) yet it was a repaired write off that I believe sold very recently for a bit less than the $35k, so that would have put a few people off.

1 hour ago, Tips said:

My thinking too Lee, small pond right now and lots of anglers.

i have even started thinking manual cabs or tipper coupes as a lower entry point for a fun daily. Had a crack at the silver tip coupe in Vic <$40k but just missed it ☹️

There's a nice looking white tip here in Vic for @ 36k. Been on the market for a while.

24 minutes ago, Tips said:

That’s what I’d say is tempting me away from a manual for daily city driving

If I wanted a Porsche as a daily, no way would it be a manual.

I had a discussion with someone at the Porsche show on the weekend (who races an RX8 with flappy paddles conversion), and he agrees that he prefers his old 911 manual for the driving experience/heel toeing etc, yet for going quick and focusing on driving in the hills or a track or everyday driving, he much prefers his wife's auto Spyder.

Markets moving. By the time they got the photos up they also increased the price. Looks nice

And it has a wing @LeeM 🤣

97777028-7FD5-44B3-A710-30434EE1B480.png

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

If I wanted a Porsche as a daily, no way would it be a manual.

I had a discussion with someone at the Porsche show on the weekend (who races an RX8 with flappy paddles conversion), and he agrees that he prefers his old 911 manual for the driving experience/heel toeing etc, yet for going quick and focusing on driving in the hills or a track or everyday driving, he much prefers his wife's auto Spyder.

I agree with him Lee I have to say the PDK in the macan on those rare SMT’s is a great driving experience and when it gets a bit quick, your all eyes on the road with two hands on the wheel 👍. Macan is a great all rounder but I just need to get my bum a little closer to the deck 😉.

40 minutes ago, Tips said:

Markets moving. By the time they got the photos up they also increased the price. Looks nice

And it has a wing @LeeM 🤣

97777028-7FD5-44B3-A710-30434EE1B480.png

Ha, was just about to point this out too...

More of those Turbo wheels appearing.......  Wonder if someone is recycling the same set around a few cars????

RE: Tipper vs Manual 

I tell you what, when you learn to left foot brake a tiptronic and rev match with a throttle blip on down shift, its a good old belly chuckle, almost as rewarding as a good heel toe ... I took my boxster over to the office late Monday night, top down, Crocs on... driving it like a demon around the suburbs, it is fun as hell! And guilt free motoring... 

5 minutes ago, edgy said:

Crocs on... driving it like a demon around the suburbs, it is fun as hell! And guilt free motoring... 

Guilt free except for admitting you're wearing Crocs! 😲 😁

As I've mentioned, I've left foot braked every auto I've driven since I raced Karts. Have tried it in my manual and just can't get it right for some reason.

12 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Guilt free except for admitting you're wearing Crocs! 😲 😁

As I've mentioned, I've left foot braked every auto I've driven since I raced Karts. Have tried it in my manual and just can't get it right for some reason.

It’s a hell of a thing to admit 

12 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Guilt free except for admitting you're wearing Crocs! 😲

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Ha, was just about to point this out too...

More of those Turbo wheels appearing.......  Wonder if someone is recycling the same set around a few cars????

Seem to recall this being on the market privately some time ago. Might even be some banter about it in one of the threads. Topic in point was trying to make a 996 look like a 997, not so sure it works. Each to their own. Was going to have a look at it on my way home from work. Now I've seen pics, pass.

1 hour ago, JWM said:

What’s the price difference people expect to see between a 996.1 & 996.2? Seems like that still makes a bit of a difference?

When I was looking 18mths ago it seemed to be +$10k early .1 to the .2, later .1 to .2 +$5k.  I reckon this probably still holds generally.....

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

When I was looking 18mths ago it seemed to be +$10k early .1 to the .2, later .1 to .2 +$5k.  I reckon this probably still holds generally.....

Was the same when I was looking around 5 years ago and then 10k between the manual and the tip