996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

He lives at McCracken It was at the Porsche club display a few weeks ago. Nice car and well looked after, though the headlight covers will put a few people off. I like them personally. Might be a tad over priced at the moment too. The gent has the onset of dementia, so it's a very reluctant sale 

Sad to hear the reason he’s selling. It looked pretty good in the flesh. The body kit and wheels look great on it. I thought the 99 model had the three spoke steering wheel?

On 22/04/2019 at 03:09, LeeM said:

It does look like a nice example. An engine rebuild adds value, but I'm wondering how bad engine damage was to warrant a replacement block🤔 Could this have put extra stress on the g/box depending on type of failure. Surely no longer matching numbers now, which detracts from value.

21 minutes ago, PDean said:

It does look like a nice example. An engine rebuild adds value, but I'm wondering how bad engine damage was to warrant a replacement block🤔 Could this have put extra stress on the g/box depending on type of failure. Surely no longer matching numbers now, which detracts from value.

It seems a fair price considering rebuild plus most people would take an offer

11 hours ago, MARTY said:

It seems a fair price considering rebuild plus most people would take an offer

I agree with your comments. There's also a black 996 on Gumtree at same price point. I'm currently standing on the fence wondering which way to jump. Low km @ 60k or high km 45-50k. Engine rebuild certainly a plus.

2 minutes ago, PDean said:

I agree with your comments. There's also a black 996 on Gumtree at same price point. I'm currently standing on the fence wondering which way to jump. Low km @ 60k or high km 45-50k. Engine rebuild certainly a plus.

Have you driven one yet? If not you can take mine for a spin.Does it have to be a manual or are you open to a tip?

3 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Have you driven one yet? If not you can take mine for a spin.Does it have to be a manual or are you open to a tip?

Not driven one yet, thanks for offer of a spin, never got a chance to drive my brothers. I don't want to waste a sellers time unless it's the spec I'm chasing. If something comes up its usually interstate or black. Preference is for manual, but I was starting to run out of patience and was going pull the trigger on a blue over blue tip that was at Ezyauto Prestige a while back. I keep an eye out for a  Cayman also if it means I get a manual. Either way car will just be a weekend toy.

1 hour ago, PDean said:

Without knowing exactly which black one you mean, a friend here in SA has a 118,000km black with Savannah interior for similar money. IMS done, new 997 clutch, rims, tyres etc. I was going to buy it but pulled out last minute before he bought it. Maybe the same car, as I think he still has it

32 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Without knowing exactly which black one you mean, a friend here in SA has a 118,000km black with Savannah interior for similar money. IMS done, new 997 clutch, rims, tyres etc. I was going to buy it but pulled out last minute before he bought it. Maybe the same car, as I think he still has it

He still has it saw it today . Can’t believe he still has it great car . Get behind the wheel of it on Sunday Lee 

30 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

He still has it saw it today . Can’t believe he still has it great car . Get behind the wheel of it on Sunday Lee 

Now you know that is a very bad idea mate! 😁

I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet too 

3 hours ago, PDean said:

Not driven one yet, thanks for offer of a spin, never got a chance to drive my brothers. I don't want to waste a sellers time unless it's the spec I'm chasing. If something comes up its usually interstate or black. Preference is for manual, but I was starting to run out of patience and was going pull the trigger on a blue over blue tip that was at Ezyauto Prestige a while back. I keep an eye out for a  Cayman also if it means I get a manual. Either way car will just be a weekend toy.

If you want to go out in mine just let me know and be careful what you say about the black ones😂😂

0B79C141-18D4-43BB-BCD9-2FD2A75648B4.jpeg

2 hours ago, Shedpest said:

$54K is a huge price for that car; I dont think it will sell quickly.

Car sales generally have slowed to nearly nothing - I blame the Election. Wifey says why don't we wait till after election because we will be able to get a great deal on a new electric car!!!!! ( I remind her about NBN & slink off to my mancave to mutter & shake head).

1 minute ago, Zelrik911 said:

Car sales have generally slowed to nearly nothing - I blame the Election. Wifey says why don't we wait till after election because we will be able to get a great deal on a new electric car!!!!! ( I remind her about NBN & slink off to my mancave to mutter & shake head).

I disagree it’s a manual it’s not a million miles off in price sure you might have to wait around for a buyer but any car will sell at the right price

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

Car sales generally have slowed to nearly nothing - I blame the Election. Wifey says why don't we wait till after election because we will be able to get a great deal on a new electric car!!!!! ( I remind her about NBN & slink off to my mancave to mutter & shake head).

I guess that why he said sensible offers invited. 

Huge price I doubt it . What’s it worth in your world? Most other manual cars seem to be about the same price this one has zero to spend on it 

3 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Price seems reasonable to me, particularly with IMS done. The only things I can see that go against it are the colours but that is my personal taste

Edit: on closer inspection the headlights and taillights look to have been updated from the ambers that would have been on it as a 1998. And the wheels are also updates but good ones.  But that all that can be put back to stock if desired

3 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

I don't understand this post at all, but then I wouldn't call my wife wifey either.

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I guess that why he said sensible offers invited. 

Huge price I doubt it . What’s it worth in your world? Most other manual cars seem to be about the same price this one has zero to spend on it 

I wholeheartedly agree with this

Being as I know this car, the previous and current owner and what has been done to it, the low kilometres and being a manual, I challenge anyone to find a car that has had all that work done for less money. Most manuals I've seen 'without' having the peace of mind IMS, new clutch, suspension, rims and tyres all done are the same money. Add that lot ontop to a car that is advertised for $45-50k 

21 hours ago, LeeM said:

The black one I'm referring to is here in Melb. Rebuilt engine. Has Qld plates. Seller says in ad no test drives. Maybe that's why it's still for sale. 

3 hours ago, PDean said:

The black one I'm referring to is here in Melb. Rebuilt engine. Has Qld plates. Seller says in ad no test drives. Maybe that's why it's still for sale. 

Ha! Probably. Not a very clever sales strategy 

4 hours ago, D2000 said:

Price seems reasonable to me, particularly with IMS done. The only things I can see that go against it are the colours but that is my personal taste

Edit: on closer inspection the headlights and taillights look to have been updated from the ambers that would have been on it as a 1998. And the wheels are also updates but good ones.  But that all that can be put back to stock if desired

I swear I'm not nuts, but after looking for too long now I believe black cars take longer to sell. Doesn't matter if it's a 911, Cayman or Boxster. Black 996.1 with gt3 body kit in Qld up for sale for a couple of weeks. If it was silver like discos I believe it would be gone already. 🤔

The issue is the softening economy (real estate prices) along with the upcoming election.

Most people are keeping their powder dry until they know which way the wind is blowing tax wise especially.

With what looks like doom and gloom on the horizon, toy budgets all over the country are currently frozen.

At least that's what's happening in my circle.

Having said that, the price seems reasonable for the condition and servicing. 

Hypothetical question - what would the cost of PPI, shipping and transferring the rego of this beast from SA to NSW be... If one was able to free up the required pesos.