996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

40 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Interstate rego doesn’t get transferred rather cancelled and you start fresh in your state. So whatever is left on rego can be dropped off the price as the owner will be entitled to a refund when rego in his/her state is cancelled. 

Interesting, I've been able to get a refund of the remaining Rego and Third Party Insurance when I've transferred the rego of NSW registered cars to Tassie (and paid the stamp Duty on the transfer in Tassie).  Both cars purchased from Autohaus Hamilton.  Just had to provide proof of surrender of the NSW plates to Tas Motor Registry.......  Actually, may be a Vic thing I wonder - when we got the 981 from Nick Theodossi it was unregistered, and was sold with a permit to get us home....

Nice little bonus thougg the NSW refund.  But when we sold the 987 I took the plates off as I handed the car over to the new Vic owner and got the refund myself 🙂 🙂 

Would be part of agreed deal really- if seller was smart they would take plates and claim the refund. Would be good to simply transfer- “paid til nov in qld, paid til nov in tas!” But as we all know, each government and road authority  likes to do it their way! Just for fun! @TwoHeadsTas

On 28/04/2019 at 16:23, ScottyP said:

Anyone know this car or kicked the tyres on it?  Looks pretty decent, although high keys. Quite a fan of the white too.  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-6037594/?_ga=2.208701138.1165524296.1556430842-2142957864.1538613320 

Love white 911s

18 hours ago, LeeM said:

Nice looking car. Has dropped $6-7k from his original asking price, and it's always been 'no test drives'. Seems decent value with all the work done to it

I’ve been watching this for a bit. My son loves it because of the BBS rims. I don’t mind black cars. Pain the arse to keep the paint clean tho 

17 hours ago, Peter John said:

Interstate rego doesn’t get transferred rather cancelled and you start fresh in your state. So whatever is left on rego can be dropped off the price as the owner will be entitled to a refund when rego in his/her state is cancelled. 

Yep. This is how I bought my Boxster. Much simpler from a paperwork point. The seller and I simply agreed that I would do the tf to Vic immediately when I got back from Sydney and once I had received my Vic plates he cancelled the NSW and collected his refund

1 hour ago, firstone said:

Love the colour but the flooood of tan is too much. For me.

I mean it matches the exterior but there's just too much. Black dash, steering wheel, and centre consol including the gearstick boot would fix it.

Agreed.

It really needs that to break up the invasion of savannahs beige. Nothing some black dye can't fix easily enough. Nice looking car otherwise 

1 hour ago, Gas said:

The red 996 is a good clean car. I know the previous owner and he has taken excellent care of it for the past 4-5 years of ownership.

Everything has been done including ims. It was a pity to see it traded. 

Makes it even more attractive at a sensible price point.

I just had another look at the steering wheel on my laptop. Looks like something Buffalo Bill made from human skin in Silence of the Lambs! 

• 3 weeks later...

1 day to go 996.2 at $30k with just over 22,000 km on Grays

wovr and lights on the dash no books, not sure if it’s that much of a bargain being it has issues?

best thing is 22k km

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-7742752/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/porsche-911-carrera-996-automatic-coupe-wovr

7 minutes ago, Tips said:

1 day to go 996.2 at $30k with just over 22,000 km on Grays

wovr and lights on the dash no books, not sure if it’s that much of a bargain being it has issues?

best thing is 22k km

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-7742752/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/porsche-911-carrera-996-automatic-coupe-wovr

Also not so sure that is any sort of bargain.........

6 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Also not so sure that is any sort of bargain.........

Yep. $20k tops would be a bargain and I'd pay that if I could. Cheap hills/track toy, though it will always be on the WOVR with a less desirable Tiptronic and interior colour (sorry, but its true). If it was a manual it would be priced about right at $30-35k, yet as it's an auction, someone will end up paying way too much for it if it sells for $30k with the premium added. I'd question the mega low kilometres though. Misprint perhaps? 

35 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I'd question the mega low kilometres though. Misprint perhaps? 

Thought the same. There is a shot of the Speedo but still a lot of questions on that car. Agree, with premium it’s already too much and will go higher no doubt.