996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

9 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

So, by the pushiness of one Mr @KGB I hereby hold up my hands as the purchaser of the C4S from Hamiltons.

All in all ... I couldn’t be happier!! ... 😃😃😃

Well done mate, I think we all knew that car wouldn’t last long, and you got a perfect colour combo IMO.

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel, wait till you get your hands on it, let the grins begin😆

24 minutes ago, disco said:

Welcome to the club!

Also did you see the silver import C4S for $74k, any good?

cheers,

Dave.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the well wishes. I’ve been in the air-cooled fraternity for quite a while and this will be my first water cooled 911 ... 

I didnt see the silver car. They are not a “showroom” as such. You generally view cars on an interest basis ... and I have no interest in an import .. 😅

13 minutes ago, Stepo said:

Well done mate, I think we all knew that car wouldn’t last long, and you got a perfect colour combo IMO.

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel, wait till you get your hands on it, let the grins begin😆

Thanks mate!

I am absolutely thrilled at the black on black combo. Dont know if I’d have bought a different combo.

2 minutes ago, SteveF said:

Well done mate. Looking forward to see it in the flesh. (Be good to see you too!)

Thanks Steve,

But calling a spade a spade, I know its the car you’re looking forward to seeing! .. 

On 28/07/2020 at 22:04, Crimson Chops said:

Thanks for the comments gentlemen and for taking an interest.  

I know a previous owner of this car. This previous owner didn’t buy it new - he bought it for $45k and sold it for the same. He told me the car has had at least 4 owners. This would also be supported in the service records which would show the car was serviced in Melb, then Syd, then Melb again. 

The previous owner tracked it. 

On a drive day, the car was damaged in an accident at the hands of the current owner, including significant damage to the rear. 

If anyone is thinking of buying this car, I suggest they check the service records to validate what I have said above. I also suggest they do a thorough PPI and ask that the car be checked for repairs to damage at the front and rear. 

With regard to the performance claims, these claims (345hp and 4.6 secs 0-100) can be dispelled with some simple research. It is the later 3.6 litre 996.2 which combines with the x51 to provide 345hp. 

A good day to all. 

congrats @Dreamr on joining the 996 club,  looks like a really great car

35 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

So, by the pushiness of one Mr @KGB I hereby hold up my hands as the purchaser of the C4S from Hamiltons.

After the sale of the SC, I have been exploring a few different cars. I actually went to see this car as more of a 996 C4S “rule it out” excercise. Kind of don’t say no till I’ve seen it kind of thing.

I have to say that the photos don’t do it justice. The car is absolutely stunning in the flesh. It is in near immaculate condition both interior and exterior. I think the shiny Jet Black paint sealed the deal for me.

I had driven a 997 C4S, and while it was also a great car, it didn’t have the WOW factor for me. It was “nice” to drive while the 996 still had a bit of the old school feel.

I will be picking it up on Tuesday and will update you all about the drive home and take some hopefully more flattering photos.

I won’t be talking price on an open forum, but lets just say that a good deal was done.

It will come with 12 monthe Rego, a brand new battery, a new passengers side window regulator and a major service just done.

The water pump was done 4000 k’s ago and a new clutch about 20,000 k’s ago.

All in all ... I couldn’t be happier!! ... 😃😃😃

Won't be as good as my car.........

3 minutes ago, KGB said:

Luckily I pushed @Dreamr  look at all the love he and his new acquisition have been showered with.

Beautiful car, glad you ruled it out of circulation!

Welcome to the fast growing club.    

Thanks Mate ...

Yep .. hard to believe both the wife and I didn’t give the 996 C4S much thought. We were more looking at the 997 C4S but after driving both, I liked the 996 more. Also, really couldnt justify the massive $$$ difference between the 2. I know they are more modern cars but oddly enough I liked the cheaper one better.

As many others here have said ... it’s a hell of a lot of car for the money!!

Went down to rule it out, and ended up bringing it home ... life moves in mysterious ways! ...

9 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

Won't be as good as my car.........

Ummmmm .... yeah. 

Your Hilux Grey interior surely craps on the mysterious, sensual black interior of this beast!! ...

10 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Thanks Mate ...

Yep .. hard to believe both the wife and I didn’t give the 996 C4S much thought. We were more looking at the 997 C4S but after driving both, I liked the 996 more. Also, really couldnt justify the massive $$$ difference between the 2. I know they are more modern cars but oddly enough I liked the cheaper one better.

As many others here have said ... it’s a hell of a lot of car for the money!!

Went down to rule it out, and ended up bringing it home ... life moves in mysterious ways! ...

Ummmmm .... yeah. 

Your Hilux Grey interior surely craps on the mysterious, sensual black interior of this beast!! ...

Great to hear that you feel the 996 has a more old school feel.

I reckon it’s the perfect link btw air cooled and modern stuff.

Take lots of pics on Tuesday!

Dave.

4 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I hereby hold up my hands as the purchaser of the C4S from Hamiltons

Congratulations @Dreamr

That car has 'something' about it. I haven't worked it out yet, but I loved the look and clearly you did too.  Luckily for you, I'm living in downtown Covid. 

Ps. I noticed it had some cool factory options, one in particular rear wheel spacers 😎.

Enjoy! 

9 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Congratulations @Dreamr

That car has 'something' about it. I haven't worked it out yet, but I loved the look and clearly you did too.  Luckily for you, I'm living in downtown Covid. 

Ps. I noticed it had some cool factory options, one in particular rear wheel spacers 😎.

Enjoy! 

Thanks @luzzo ...

As I wrote in previous posts, the photos just don’t do it justice. The black on black just pops and really just hit home with both the wife and I ..

I’ve got to look up all the option codes yet, but yes, I believe spacers are one of them ... 😃

15 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

That car is absolutely stunning!! .. it is obviously owned by an enthusiast that cares about it! .. 😍😍

Agree, definitely looks like an amazing car. I hope they get a good price for it. 

On 01/08/2020 at 00:16, Dreamr said:

As I wrote in previous posts, the photos just don’t do it justice. The black on black just pops and really just hit home with both the wife and I.

Look forward to seeing it at a future SMT some time!

On 31/07/2020 at 18:39, KGB said:

@Naldz88 your turn next!   

Come on in and introduce yourself.

Afternoon all and thanks @KGB for throwing me in the deep end haha

Its a cracking day to be out driving (which I hope a few of you are), I myself am missing a key component however which for me is a manual c4s!

I started my search for a 996.2 around 6 months ago after being a long time fan which ultimately lead me here to get more of an idea of all things 996. I am no guru when it comes to 911s but hope to join the 996 party in the near future! Would love a turbo but the wife would have my head. 

Things have been moving quickly over the last month, the lapis blue at CTS caught my eye but I was about the 6th caller in line on the Monday morning! Snooze you lose...

I recently spoke with Lorbek about the midnight blue 03 they have listed. Looks great cosmetically but the service interval is a concern. Between 2006 and 2017 no service was carried out and under further investigation the car had been sitting in a collection and put on 13.5k km during that time. They are asking a premium (also no IMS upgrade) and id be interested to know everyone’s thoughts on it. 

Cheers

47 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

That car is absolutely stunning!! .. it is obviously owned by an enthusiast that cares about it! .. 😍😍

Man that is tidy but at a price then again hopefully they achieve it, the 996 has been undervalued for way too long

30 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

Bit of that going around atm.

Welcome mate, enjoy the banter, remember there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers!

Good luck with the search.  That Vic black on black C2 looks a cracker...at the right $.

2 hours ago, Naldz88 said:

Its a cracking day to be out driving (which I hope a few of you are), I myself am missing a key component however which for me is a manual c4s!

I started my search for a 996.2 around 6 months ago after being a long time fan which ultimately lead me here to get more of an idea of all things 996. I am no guru when it comes to 911s but hope to join the 996 party in the near future! Would love a turbo but the wife would have my head. 

Things have been moving quickly over the last month, the lapis blue at CTS caught my eye but I was about the 6th caller in line on the Monday morning! Snooze you lose...

I recently spoke with Lorbek about the midnight blue 03 they have listed. Looks great cosmetically but the service interval is a concern. Between 2006 and 2017 no service was carried out and under further investigation the car had been sitting in a collection and put on 13.5k km during that time. They are asking a premium (also no IMS upgrade) and id be interested to know everyone’s thoughts on it. 

Cheers

Is the Lorbek car the same blue C4S that is on Carsales Listed for 92k? I messaged the 92k car from Carsales seller when it was I think 80k, I sought  our the service history info and noticed there was a massive gap in service history stamps, declined to take it further considering what was the asking price. 

On 31/07/2020 at 18:32, KGB said:

He talks a lot

And, where is he already???

I swear he can talk under water

On 01/08/2020 at 00:03, luzzo said:

Congratulations @Dreamr

Enjoy! 

On 01/08/2020 at 00:16, Dreamr said:

Thanks @luzzo ...

As I wrote in previous posts, the photos just don’t do it justice. The black on black just pops and really just hit home with both the wife and I ..

I’ve got to look up all the option codes yet, but yes, I believe spacers are one of them ... 😃

I think the spacers are standard on a 4S, someone correct me if i am wrong.

13 minutes ago, kov said:

Is this Lorbek car the same blue C4S that is on Carsales at 92k? I messaged the Carsales seller when it was I think 80k, I sought the service history info and noticed there was a massive gap in service history stamps, declined to take it further considering what was the asking price. 

This one here mate, it’s been up for nearly a month now. I haven’t heard back from Lorbek or they haven’t chased me up on anyway. 

what’s the general rule of thumb with service intervals on a 996 that’s not being driven at all?
This would have been doing 1k year at best or could have sat still for several years! I assume this would impact resale hugely or can this be rectified with a major service? 

ABBF6E3C-BFED-4891-B549-6037A1FDAB63.png

22 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

Based on the option codes on this cars' sticker, these were factory ordered rear spacers only (spacers for all wheels were available - code XRP). 

XRN '17mm spacers for rear wheels'

If these were fitted standard (even for Aus Spec) they wouldn't be listed an option code on the sticker (as far as i know). 

1 hour ago, TINGY996 said:

I swear he can talk under water

^2 facts.

Show me a C4S without rear spacers.

43 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

This one here mate, it’s been up for nearly a month now. I haven’t heard back from Lorbek or they haven’t chased me up on anyway. 
what’s the general rule of thumb with service intervals on a 996 that’s not being driven at all?
This would have been doing 1k year at best or could have sat still for several years! I assume this would impact resale hugely or can this be rectified with a major service?

Be cautious with this dealer, some would comment at the super high intensity of their advertising and sales pitch.

In my mind if a collector owned the vehicle and didn’t care for it for how many years and no IMS upgrade performed after 80+km then the story simply doesn’t add up.  PPI would need to be very thorough, and price would need to be “adjusted”.  I’d probably be waiting to see what else comes along, there’s always a better one around the corner.

“Things have been moving quickly over the last month, the lapis blue at CTS caught my eye but I was about the 6th caller in line on the Monday morning! Snooze you lose...”

Yep, they told me that had keen interest on it after I put a deposit on it. I was there at 11am and bought it on the spot.

cheers,

Dave.

B7F75C7C-1CB9-4BFC-9816-7D6C4AD260D7.jpeg