996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

12 hours ago, AL911 said:

IMHO a as a seller of the only X51 996 for sale (light blue sold this week) I look at non-X51 cars and the asking prices I also don’t see value (at high lee prices). And then adding the rarity of the X51 cars, the better power delivery, and I think they’re great value. I also struggle to compare to G as they’re so different

[this is a completely biased opinion]

I get the rarity of a x51 /x50 when it left the factory, but when your behind the wheel, straighten me out on how the rarity of a X51 /x50 trumps a  clean stock 3.6 example in the hands of a new owner whose not a purist and has ventured into having  some ones and zero's tweaked by someone in the know  along with dropping a few  kg's with a well selected exhaust to replace the factory setup.  

11 hours ago, hugh said:

The 996 however isn’t a car bought buy someone based on looks alone (although I’ve really grown to love them). The 996 is the nerdy 911, unless it’s a Porsche tragic they won’t get it - that just adds to why I like them so much, GT cars in particular.

Whilst I agree with your post, additionally I feel 996 is actually on the cusp of becoming “old”, the tech and design evolution since the late 90’s has been substantial.  Nostalgia and romance will engulf it soon.  A bit like early iPhone, iPod and Mac stuff that’s now being eagerly collected.

Stepping back and looking at 996 today with three iterations having now followed it, kind of verifies it’s position and it surely leans back in the Porsche timeline rather than forward.

But then again I do have a garage full of red headed step children, maybe just a bit nerdy 🤓.

I used to drive mine forward into the garage to keep the view of the gorgeous rear end.  I'm now reversing in because the front is just as enjoyable to look at..

Great cars - just put another 1000km on mine this weekend, didn't miss a beat, atrocious weather but enjoyed every km.

The 996.1 is the last analogue Porsche, it’s the connection between the old and new -  stability control or traction control. And it’s lighter then the 993 - it’s a great car for those who can nerd themselves into accepting the looks are what they are. 

3 minutes ago, AL911 said:

The 996.1 is the last analogue Porsche, it’s the connection between the old and new -  stability control or traction control.  

Agree with the sentiment, but I’d suggest that the 996.2 GT3 is the last analogue Porsche. 

9 hours ago, smit2100 said:

I get the rarity of a x51 /x50 when it left the factory, but when your behind the wheel, straighten me out on how the rarity of a X51 /x50 trumps a  clean stock 3.6 example in the hands of a new owner whose not a purist and has ventured into having  some ones and zero's tweaked by someone in the know  along with dropping a few  kg's with a well selected exhaust to replace the factory setup.  

A new owner who isn’t a purist probably wouldn’t bother thinking through whether to drop the weight and alter the exhaust etc. And if they don’t know about X51 then they won’t get it - I mean it took a purist to order the first X51 on a 996 in the first place. 

But that said, I really think the 3.4 spins up more freely than the 3.6 and you lose nothing on performance with the X51 package - and gain the rarity. 

10 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Agree with the sentiment, but I’d suggest that the 996.2 GT3 is the last analogue Porsche.

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Yep my car. Disgruntled annoying buyer who was never going to buy it or had a strategy of repeated talking it down, mistruths and annoyance to achieve it. He tried quite a few tricks out of the book, over 3 weeks. 

"Michael" from Noosa hung up on me in our first conversation and then 2 weeks later had another shot at it when he became "Lisa" as another party. Who couldn't see through that! Anyway I played the game and I answered every question from "Lisa" asking illinformed questions in addition to every question a 996 enthusiast  would know to ask. Sent "her" over 20 reply emails and near the end of the Q and A back and forth, the 20% under listed price extremely lowball offer came in. Negotiated and accepted a lowish final offer with usual terms of transfer - basically that was the time to put up $$$$ or shut up. All went quiet for 2 days and "Lisa's" next email to me was further criteria "she" thought I wouldn't agree too but I did and said  call me to arrange. An email comes in "I am very busy with my mother at the moment.  If it's all right with you, my partner Mick will ring you soon to have a chat."  I sent ok good.  Next day or two I get another half page email from "Lisa" of some of the same questions I'd answered and questions that the answers were in the ad and some silly questions .... 

Mick missed out when I accepted a better offer and a deposit that morning, car went on hold and days later buyers finance fell through. Car went back online for sale.

So, here's a disgruntled disingenuous spreader of lies who missed out and seems to have opened a Youtube account 3 hours back commenting there. Coincidently we have a very recent new member here joining around the time he first enquires about car and whose first post is nothing more than alerting PFA to his shit comment about my car. Car has not been tracked, has not had 4 plus owners, has not had significant accident damage. His comment is now deleted as he should be. Hahhahah as if anyone couldn't see that is the same person Juz/Mick/Lisa whatever.  

Unfortunately this was exactly the experience I had with “Mick / Michael from Noosa” Who wanted to go on Porsche drives with his mate - endlessly reactive silly texts and messages every time a new piece of info was provided. I had enough and rang him to say I wouldn’t selling him my car because of his reactions to the information provided to his questions and his bull+*%t ‘negotiating tactics’. His argument seemed to assume sellers should be prepared to put up with anything..

Whinged endlessly about the treatment he got from @Troubleshooter in deciding to sell to another seller but couldn’t grasp that he could have paid more because it was ‘top dollar’. 

I’m super happy he missed out on both cars. 👍🏻👍🏻

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Yep my car. Disgruntled annoying buyer who was never going to buy it or had a strategy of repeated talking it down, mistruths and annoyance to achieve it. He tried quite a few tricks out of the book, over 3 weeks. 

"Michael" from Noosa hung up on me in our first conversation and then 2 weeks later had another shot at it when he became "Lisa" as another party. Who couldn't see through that! Anyway I played the game and I answered every question from "Lisa" asking illinformed questions in addition to every question a 996 enthusiast  would know to ask. Sent "her" over 20 reply emails and near the end of the Q and A back and forth, the 20% under listed price extremely lowball offer came in. Negotiated and accepted a lowish final offer with usual terms of transfer - basically that was the time to put up $$$$ or shut up. All went quiet for 2 days and "Lisa's" next email to me was further criteria "she" thought I wouldn't agree too but I did and said  call me to arrange. An email comes in "I am very busy with my mother at the moment.  If it's all right with you, my partner Mick will ring you soon to have a chat."  I sent ok good.  Next day or two I get another half page email from "Lisa" of some of the same questions I'd answered and questions that the answers were in the ad and some silly questions .... 

Mick missed out when I accepted a better offer and a deposit that morning, car went on hold and days later buyers finance fell through. Car went back online for sale.

So, here's a disgruntled disingenuous spreader of lies who missed out and seems to have opened a Youtube account 3 hours back commenting there. Coincidently we have a very recent new member here joining around the time he first enquires about car and whose first post is nothing more than alerting PFA to his shit comment about my car. Car has not been tracked, has not had 4 plus owners, has not had significant accident damage. His comment is now deleted as he should be. Hahhahah as if anyone couldn't see that is the same person Juz/Mick/Lisa whatever.  

so annoying! I'm glad you've got this forum to put your side down. Good luck with the sale, you shouldn't have to deal with crap like this

26 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Ahh, the joys of selling a car privately hey?!! Most of us have been there...... but a pissed off, failed purchaser setting a YouTube video to trash talk?!?!? That’s next level wankerism.  

peak wankerism signalled by Mick's ongoing comment: "look, you're asking me to buy your car, so I should be worried about [X]... because means I'll have to fix it that some point" 

6 minutes ago, AL911 said:

peak wankerism signalled by Mick's ongoing comment: "look, you're asking me to buy your car, so I should be worried about [X]... because means I'll have to fix it that some point" 

Mick sounds like a complete dickhead car looks great and hopefully a proper buyer will come along and snap it up

On 26/07/2020 at 17:20, AL911 said:

Unfortunately this was exactly the experience I had with “Mick / Michael from Noosa” Who wanted to go on Porsche drives with his mate - endlessly reactive silly texts and messages every time a new piece of info was provided. I had enough and rang him to say I wouldn’t selling him my car because of his reactions to the information provided to his questions and his bull+*%t ‘negotiating tactics’. His argument seemed to assume sellers should be prepared to put up with anything..

Whinged endlessly about the treatment he got from @Troubleshooter in deciding to sell to another seller but couldn’t grasp that he could have paid more because it was ‘top dollar’. 

I’m super happy he missed out on both cars. 👍🏻👍🏻

"I had enough and rang him to say I wouldn’t selling him my car because of his reactions to the information provided to his questions and his bull+*%t ‘negotiating tactics’." .... AL you've got more sense or a better bullshit radar than me  👍

8 hours ago, hugh said:

NR2kDHh.jpg

I do love these. If I’d been able to stump up another $60-$70k I absolutely would have. Cheering anytime I see one, and anyone who’s fortunate enough to be driving it. The X51 was my middle ground, it’s not as raw (or as iconic), but still great. 

11 hours ago, AL911 said:

Good Hatchet job Mick, you old jaded anonymous buyer you... What a memorable first post! 

I don’t speak for @Troubleshooter but I as this little rant was taken down off YouTube you’ve come back for more unsubstantiated claims, along with your shrill carsales messages as Mick, Michael and Lisa, and maybe “Pete.”, and wankerish hassling of two long-time members without getting PPI’s on either car.
Beyond being jaded, I would love your evidence to prove @Troubleshooter is lying. 

BWT - IP addresses don’t lie 👍🏻

Why  do I feel like I have missed something? Did this gronks posts get deleted?

3 minutes ago, KGB said:

Black (can I still use this word or is it coloured?) C4S at Autohaus, anyone had a close up on it?

Good car, excellent or what?   The jungle drums are a calling.

I believe Swart is the word that will be accepted