996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

28 minutes ago, AL911 said:

New one for a potential X51 buyer this evening - was offered $50k and $15k of furniture. Assuming that’s retail.. so a polite “no” from me. 

Hang in there mate, the right buyer will come along for you

On 31/07/2020 at 19:17, Dreamr said:

So, by the pushiness of one Mr @KGB I hereby hold up my hands as the purchaser of the C4S from Hamiltons.

After the sale of the SC, I have been exploring a few different cars. I actually went to see this car as more of a 996 C4S “rule it out” excercise. Kind of don’t say no till I’ve seen it kind of thing.

I have to say that the photos don’t do it justice. The car is absolutely stunning in the flesh. It is in near immaculate condition both interior and exterior. I think the shiny Jet Black paint sealed the deal for me.

I had driven a 997 C4S, and while it was also a great car, it didn’t have the WOW factor for me. It was “nice” to drive while the 996 still had a bit of the old school feel.

I will be picking it up on Tuesday and will update you all about the drive home and take some hopefully more flattering photos.

I won’t be talking price on an open forum, but lets just say that a good deal was done.

It will come with 12 monthe Rego, a brand new battery, a new passengers side window regulator and a major service just done.

The water pump was done 4000 k’s ago and a new clutch about 20,000 k’s ago.

All in all ... I couldn’t be happier!! ... 😃😃😃

Congrats Ronnie very nice car black on black such a great spec and no bamboo in sight 😂

9 hours ago, AL911 said:

New one for a potential X51 buyer this evening - was offered $50k and $15k of furniture. Assuming that’s retail.. so a polite “no” from me. 

now early ikea , does have collector interest 

14 minutes ago, KGB said:

plus I recall those pics, I think it was listed earlier this year.

Yep it was. I found an old email notification for it going “on hold” on April 3rd. Price then was $80,995. 

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

Looks great. Only one option?

What’s the go with Bose premium sound? I read somewhere that all C4S models got that stock but this car doesn’t have it?

I have option 680 for the Bose and assumed it was a “standardised” option for C4S??🤔

cheers,

Dave

21 minutes ago, KGB said:

Pardon my humour.

plus I recall those pics, I think it was listed earlier this year.

Calling  @Naldz88

You're pardoned ... but don't be making no habit of it .. 😅

5 minutes ago, disco said:

Looks great. Only one option?

What’s the go with Bose premium sound? I read somewhere that all C4S models got that stock but this car doesn’t have it?

I have option 680 for the Bose and assumed it was a “standardised” option for C4S??🤔

cheers,

Dave

Mine doesn't have Bose speakers either ... but it does have rear spacers!! ... 😉 (sorry @KGB, couldn't help myself) ... 

On 04/08/2020 at 20:42, Stepo said:

Spot on, I missed the fact it was an auto as well, I was trying to be nice.

Maybe priced high cause his spouse wants it sold 😁

On 04/08/2020 at 21:19, D2000 said:

Looks like a 996.1 taco wing on a 996.2 convertible - interesting choice. That alone would be worth a few grand

On 04/08/2020 at 21:34, tomo said:
Kilometres: 74377

I was being honest.

Ok, $29k, taking into account the KMS and wing;)

10 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I can look at this car if anyone from interstate is interested.

36 minutes ago, JLD said:

Ok, question:

would you buy this or an X51? Why?

Good question .. and this is my reasoning / rationale ... nothing ill or untoward the current X51 for sale.

I bought the C4S and would do it again for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, the extra power is of no interest to me. I couldn't push my 204hp SC to it's limits, let alone my 320hp C4S. (Not that I'm a bad driver, I just need to keep my licence).

The other main reason is that the wide body look along with the other turbo upgrades it gets, excites me more. To me, it's the M491 option on the G series I would have loved.

I bought my car to "park" the money I got from the sale of the SC. I believe that the "something special" of the C4S is my best chance of retaining it or even making a little. I've always gone for something that has that "twist" as I call it, and this was it for me.

I am not a fortune teller nor do I buy my cars to make money, but if I can retain as much of it as possible, that's a plus. I can only do what feels right and makes sense in this black hole I call a mind.

8 hours ago, JLD said:

Ok, question:

would you buy this or an X51? Why?

You can’t have enough power, so 320 or 345hp who cares you get used to it.

But that ass...you never tire of it.

7 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Good question .. and this is my reasoning / rationale ... nothing ill or untoward the current X51 for sale.

I bought my car to "park" the money I got from the sale of the SC. I believe that the "something special" of the C4S is my best chance of retaining it or even making a little. I've always gone for something that has that "twist" as I call it, and this was it for me.

Ronaldo, I’d propose that a blk/blk low km excellent condition and history X51 will retain value at the same rate as a C4S in the same state.    Therefore your arguement should be considered totally bogus. 👻

Edited by KGB

11 minutes ago, KGB said:

Ronaldo, I’d propose that a blk/blk low km excellent condition and history X51 will retain value at the same rate as a C4S in the same state.    Therefore your arguement should be considered totally bogus. 

Well sir ... well may you be right ...

BUT! ...

a computer chip tucked up somewhere where the sun don't shine just doesn't get the loins stirring like the back end of my blk/blk young lady ...

So it shall be written!! ... :Passusabeer:

56 minutes ago, KGB said:

You can’t have enough power, so 320 or 345hp who cares you get used to it.

But that ass...you never tire of it.

Ronaldo, I’d propose that a blk/blk low km excellent condition and history X51 will retain value at the same rate as a C4S in the same state.    Therefore your arguement should be considered totally bogus. 👻

The question is interesting.

I drove and considered buying both before settling on getting an X51. I liked the front end feel of the C2 with the added power, and found the C4S ‘heavier’ to drive. I ultimately I thought they both be good places to have $$ but I wanted a more traditional rear engine/light front/traction at the back experience (notwithstanding a C2 X51 with a fat rear would be a supermodel).

15 minutes ago, AL911 said:

I drove and considered buying both before settling on getting an X51. I liked the front end feel of the C2 with the added power, and found the C4S ‘heavier’ to drive. I ultimately I thought they both be good places to have $$ but I wanted a more traditional rear engine/light front/traction at the back experience (notwithstanding a C2 X51 with a fat rear would be a supermodel).

It really is interesting and there is no right or wrong answer.

It's funny because in the 964 series, the C4 is shunned as everyone only wants the C2. With the 996 series, it seems that it's more than OK to have a C4S, admittedly though, the wide body does sway opinion.

I said in an earlier post that I wanted something with a "twist" and both the C4S and an X51 would qualify ... I just personally love the Turbo look, and I'm sure to someone else the X51 would excite ...

51 minutes ago, AL911 said:

I bought a 964C2 on the basis of the same logic.  Fully qualified to be guilty on both sides of the argument!

27 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

It really is interesting and there is no right or wrong answer.

It's funny because in the 964 series, the C4 is shunned as everyone only wants the C2. With the 996 series, it seems that it's more than OK to have a C4S, admittedly though, the wide body does sway opinion.

I said in an earlier post that I wanted something with a "twist" and both the C4S and an X51 would qualify ... I just personally love the Turbo look, and I'm sure to someone else the X51 would excite ...

The 964C4 is a considerably different drive to the C2 and I’d imagine not so pronounced a difference in 996 versions with the leap in AWD technology from the very first C4?

54 minutes ago, KGB said:

The 964C4 is a considerably different drive to the C2 and I’d imagine not so pronounced a difference in 996 versions with the leap in AWD technology from the very first C4?

You're probably right on the technology point ... but I was more referring to the "drivers" wanting a 964C2 vs the acceptance of a 996C4S ...

It just seems that model by model something is ok for one but not the other ... I'm confused much! ... 😅

3 hours ago, KGB said:

I agree.

27 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

You're probably right on the technology point ... but I was more referring to the "drivers" wanting a 964C2 vs the acceptance of a 996C4S ...

It just seems that model by model something is ok for one but not the other ... I'm confused much! ... 😅

Not sure what point you’re making??

But yes 964C2 is considered the driver’s 964.   And the difference b/w C2 & C4 are very noticeable in the way they drive.  With 996 it’s probably not as pronounced, and we both bought one more for it’s ass anyhow😋  I’ve never driven a 996C2, and as great a car as they are I don’t really care if it drives “better” than my ravishingly sexy C4S. 

964=wifey🥰

996=g/f 😛