991 3.8l Carrera S

Ozvino

New direction; long story, started some months ago with a decision to consolidate myself down to a single sports car and disperse of my offsite storage (still a work in progress). As much as I loved the Spyder, it was a PITA to get in and out of and wasn't the most practical of cars. So, I decided that I liked the concept of a Carrera T, wanted a roof, so I set about the process of research and then engaged with the dealer. I couldn't drive a T in Australia, PCA couldn't even offer me a manual to drive. So, I drove a base Carrera 3.0l and I was totally underwhelmed. The sound and performance wasn't what I was looking for. 

I had the opportunity in Houston Texas 3 weeks ago to drive a 3.0 manual, plus I got to lay my hands on a PDK Carrera T - loved the look of the car and the styling but the drive  convinced me that the 3.0l Turbo Carrera wasn't the car for me. I also drove a mint 3.8S the same day and decided...... it was the car for me...... 

This subtle thing showed up at PCM a few weeks ago, they knew I was looking for a 3.8 S so after an email they held the car for me, test drive and some haggling,  its now in my garage  - its a one owner, very clean condition and only 30,000km car with a factory warranty. Chrono, sports exhaust, metal sunroof, tint, folding mirrors, Platinum 20" wheel. Its PDK - manuals are really hard to come buy and I bought based on condition; PCM are fitting a paddle wheel for me as part of the deal. In regards to colour,  I was going to order the T in yellow or guards red, so this car ticked the bill nicely.....if you are only going to have one sports car it needs to stand out.....

The car will get some mild tweaking - Factory spacers all around, GTS Engine grill, black stone guards and a few other styling changes - possibly a sports design ducktail. 

@KGB was a part of the purchase journey and obviously validated the colour choice; @TrevMcRev is now the official office bearer of the PFA Hairdresser Club, sorry sweety.

s8mrHol.jpg

cofhSvt.jpg

OP8CLaQ.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darhhhling!  One hairdresser joke too many and look what you go and do!

I can smell the manly pheromones coming from the quad exhaust from here...

Gleaming Red paint wreaks of testosterone....

We shall name him....the 911 Testarossa!

Jokes aside it looks freakin fantastic. 

I love red on modern Porsches - most don't have the balls to because it's such an '80's cliche.

You obviously do.

Now dangle some of these from the back of it and get out and drive!

bulls_balls_truck_balls_hanger-59-683x10

Congrats mate .. looks tasty.. 

Since I sat in @LuNguyen car , its got me a thinking .. nice bit of comfort..  

Not a Targa .. or is that the second car? :) For when you are home more and have to fight with the Mrs who drives the Pcar

Well done.  I guess the new Spyder is no longer being considered.  You seemed like a a big PDK supporter when we spoke at Hanger Banger so car seems perfect.  Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.  Will you be at Flinders on Sunday?

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments; @ANF yes Adam, I traded the Spyder, really happy with the price and the fact I didn't have to deal with test pilots and tyre kickers, thats just not for me. I really enjoyed dealing with PCM, was a very clean and professional conversation. The car will continue to be serviced with them.

@TrevMcRev - as you know I love the hairdresser jokes so keep them coming, I remain convinced the Boxster is an awesome car thats totally undervalued by the Porsche anoraks and I will always be a hairdresser at heart. If I ever get additional garage space a 981S will be on my list.

@Lucky Phil - Phil, I love the PDK people who dismiss it as an auto are mistaken and probably haven't driven one. Will be a lot happier with the paddles, to me they are a must

@GC9911 - Greg, really appreciate the time you took to help me by answering questions around the 991 and providing advice, thankyou

Cheers

Dave

3 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments; @ANF yes Adam, I traded the Spyder, really happy with the price and the fact I didn't have to deal with test pilots and tyre kickers, thats just not for me. I really enjoyed dealing with PCM, was a very clean and professional conversation. The car will continue to be serviced with them.

@TrevMcRev - as you know I love the hairdresser jokes so keep them coming, I remain convinced the Boxster is an awesome car thats totally undervalued by the Porsche anoraks and I will always be a hairdresser at heart. If I ever get additional garage space a 981S will be on my list.

@Lucky Phil - Phil, I love the PDK people who dismiss it as an auto are mistaken and probably haven't driven one. Will be a lot happier with the paddles, to me they are a must

@GC9911 - Greg, really appreciate the time you took to help me by answering questions around the 991 and providing advice, thankyou

Cheers

Dave

What model Spyder was it?  Would be interested to know what trade in is like on them at the moment.

Interesting read. I’m literally in the same thought process as you described although I have been keen on the 991.2 ‘S’. Out of interest did you drive the S? 

Archived