What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

I would worry about going through council to redo the driveway cross over ,,,just do it , they are never going to know unless some one complains and by the time they get around to checking it you will have it replaced ,,,,,,,,,,if they send you a letter do not reply or take any action just ignore them ,,as long as the new cross over is done properly and there are no trip hazards at the footpath all should be forgiven ,,,their whole agenda is to screw some money out of you ,,,they don,t care about the driveway ......... 

Still undecided @Philbee 

It's a tripping hazard now @Raven thats why I've been onto them about it, though they want $3000 to do it. I'll just have to come in on a more acute angle till get time to do it

WOW $3000 for a crossover that is Highway robbery :huh:,,,if there is any risk of injury eg trip hazard or anything that can cause injury etc  the council is liable and obligated to render the hazard safe I would bring the issue to the attention of OHS or some other safety related government group ,,a few well worded letters out lining the hazards and a possible solution could save you considerable funds and ultimately get the result you want,,,,,,lets just say for a moment you were to trip over while taking your bin out for the weekly pick up ( after a big night ) and suffer a debilitating injury ,,council would be liable as the footpath and cross over is their,s responsibility ,they are leaving them selves open to legal action ,,,,councils are very visual of these sorts of issue,s in Sydney these days as there have been some big pay outs resulting from injuries sustained from footpath falls ,,,,,At the very least you would hope they could meet you half way on the costs ,,,that is an outrage  when you consider the rates you pay and all the other tax,s relating to road use these days .........I feel for you Lee and hope you get this sorted out at your own terms   ...

Cheers, although I have documented it with photos and explained exactly what you have re injury etc, they still say it's my responsibility! Will try to remember to take some pics tomorrow.

After posting here, i went out and put some gravel in the affected area, though the car still scrapes the tow hook. Does look good lowered though!

Nah don't worry, most go off topic a bit these days :P just say you are considering a Macan as well :) (what about a Merc as well ;) )

I just stepped out of a ML (my second) last week into a Macan S ????. As you would expect completely different driving experience as is both compared to my daughters CX5.

comes back to what you need to do with the car. Mines a daily city drive and a week end surf so practical, roof racks and boards and didn't need a big car anymore just something that was fun, and the macan is all of that...

just to get back on topic.

I drove it..........hard..... just ❤️ launch ? 

All fed and watered and halfway through my Sat morn targa. Blast from Olinda through Cockatoo to the Healesville bakery and now a quick hoop over Mt Toolebewong Mt Donna Buang, down and  through the wombat Forrest to Gembrook and twist my way back through Emerald. Not a city slicker or traffic in sight ..... And no mamils either to get in the way!

WOW $3000 for a crossover that is Highway robbery :huh:,,,if there is any risk of injury eg trip hazard or anything that can cause injury etc  the council is liable and obligated to render the hazard safe I would bring the issue to the attention of OHS or some other safety related government group ,,a few well worded letters out lining the hazards and a possible solution could save you considerable funds and ultimately get the result you want,,,,,,lets just say for a moment you were to trip over while taking your bin out for the weekly pick up ( after a big night ) and suffer a debilitating injury ,,council would be liable as the footpath and cross over is their,s responsibility ,they are leaving them selves open to legal action ,,,,councils are very visual of these sorts of issue,s in Sydney these days as there have been some big pay outs resulting from injuries sustained from footpath falls ,,,,,At the very least you would hope they could meet you half way on the costs ,,,that is an outrage  when you consider the rates you pay and all the other tax,s relating to road use these days .........I feel for you Lee and hope you get this sorted out at your own terms   ...

Mention wheel chair access....or lack of, that normally gets things done.

Still undecided @Philbee 

It's a tripping hazard now @Raven thats why I've been onto them about it, though they want $3000 to do it. I'll just have to come in on a more acute angle till get time to do it

good argument for a hydraulic kit

https://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail&PID=234656

It's a good excuse to rip them off and paint them black Lee, I think it looks ok, for what it's worth.

Thinking the same mate. I've got a new set I picked up a little while ago, so I'll paint them black, and repaint the silver ones

Another morning at Auto Coupe - a little tweaking to the exhaust set up. 

A10EBD53-FC85-451A-93F3-A6E8271BD3A9_zps

Then played with the 930 for a bit - tried out the Borbet wheels courtesy of @Robert930

The 315 rears are a little bigger than my current 255s! They're also a bit old so won't be on for long.

E764A065-5506-41CD-B6FB-8879799B3869_zps

B896C54D-06E9-42F1-A583-083B06423226_zps

Darren at Auto Coupe gave me a couple of rears that are a little more appropriately sized and a whole lot safer. Fitted in the hot rod just fine :)

0CEB81A2-53FE-430D-B572-E8E015143872_zps

Undecided about the Borbets. I'm thinking I might paint them gold... Thoughts?

Edited by GUT

Another morning at Auto Coupe - a little tweaking to the exhaust set up. 

A10EBD53-FC85-451A-93F3-A6E8271BD3A9_zps

Then played with the 930 for a bit - tried out the Borbet wheels courtesy of @Robert930

The 315 rears are a little bigger than my current 255s! They're also a bit old so won't be on for long.

E764A065-5506-41CD-B6FB-8879799B3869_zps

B896C54D-06E9-42F1-A583-083B06423226_zps

Darren at Auto Coupe gave me a couple of rears that are a little more appropriately sized and a whole lot safer. Fitted in the hot rod just fine :)

0CEB81A2-53FE-430D-B572-E8E015143872_zps

Undecided about the Borbets. I'm thinking I might paint them gold... Thoughts?

They look very cool - suits the dark paint colour well if you want my opinion

The council have acknowledged it's a tripping hazard and I think they'll be liable for damages if someone gets hurt and they've done nothing to fix it.  That usually gets things fixed quickly.

Lee, check your by-laws. The council will be responsible for the footpath usually unless it was damaged by construction you did - not saying you did, that's just typically the outcome. 

The driveway crossover is your problem and expense to repair and maintain. The nature strip is council land but the bylaw will state that you have to maintain access to the property at your cost. 

Once again not saying that's the case everywhere but when I went after the council that's what I established 

Dave

They look very cool - suits the dark paint colour well if you want my opinion

agree.  Bright looks great against the black (or is that dark blue?).  Get the wrong gold and it's gonna bring everything down and look like crap.   

They're an acquired taste, that's for sure. The car's marine blue which is fairly dark. I think it would work well with gold, but these wheels are pretty heavy/bold so yeah, lots of gold. And even worse if it's the wrong gold. I'll leave them as is for a while and see if they grow on me.

I took my Father who needs a zimmer frame to move around for his first ride in a Porsche. After some manoeuvring to get him comfortable in my Cayman, we set off. Im 36, and as we passed a group of kids on a nearby playground the boys there started waving at us. I explained to my Father that I don't know them, but when I was their age, i too would see a nice car (P car in my case) and yell out to my friends "thats my car, ill have one of those one day!"..

It was one of the few times I have seen my Father tear up a little.

It was a good drive.

Edited by Adam987

Lee, check your by-laws. The council will be responsible for the footpath usually unless it was damaged by construction you did - not saying you did, that's just typically the outcome. 

The driveway crossover is your problem and expense to repair and maintain. The nature strip is council land but the bylaw will state that you have to maintain access to the property at your cost. 

Once again not saying that's the case everywhere but when I went after the council that's what I established 

Dave

Cheers Dave and everyone else. I'll look into it more this week. Thinking of just grabbing some cement will be an easier option

Started my short shifter conversion. I'll finish it off tomorrow and hopefully get out for a drive. Anyone know the best way to get the shifter knob off the shifter rod?

There might be a grub screw on the base of the knob, or a nut you loosen off first,  then unscrew it

Started my short shifter conversion. I'll finish it off tomorrow and hopefully get out for a drive. Anyone know the best way to get the shifter knob off the shifter rod?

if it's a 915 box in a SC here's some interesting advice.  And get a full face helmet. 

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/517151-removing-shift-knob.html