What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Excuse the crap photo. Both seats installed. Will dye the red bits when and if I get around to it, as I may change the seats in the future to GT Classics on some sliders. Still debating whether to run it without carpet. Saves vacuuming it I s'pose! Also removed the shifter boot after the pic was taken.

Still deciding whether to run a harness bar and the Willans harness's, as the fuzz don't really like them, and I'd prefer not to get defected if I can help it

20161031_155025.jpg

How do you rate this ✌?Snow✌??

Does it still require a sponge job? 

Haven't tried the Bowdens, but as long as they're PH neutral, they're all pretty similar. If you mix it thick enough, it sticks to the car and takes about 5 mins to fall off. Takes a majority of the dirt with it. If the car was really filthy, then a bucket wash (using two buckets, one for wash and one for rinsing your mitt) will do it.

Word of advice though...don't use a sponge!. See all those spider web shapes in your paint?, that's though sponges and chamois. MAke sure everything you use (wash and dry) is microfibre, and you're golden. 

Haven't tried the Bowdens, but as long as they're PH neutral, they're all pretty similar. If you mix it thick enough, it sticks to the car and takes about 5 mins to fall off. Takes a majority of the dirt with it. If the car was really filthy, then a bucket wash (using two buckets, one for wash and one for rinsing your mitt) will do it.

Word of advice though...don't use a sponge!. See all those spider web shapes in your paint?, that's though sponges and chamois. MAke sure everything you use (wash and dry) is microfibre, and you're golden. 

The car was just a bit dusty so it it worked well , just rinse and dry :)

In a classic case of while you're there, with the suspension somewhat pulled apart I decided to grab the diff out of the GT3 (well Cairns did it for me) to inspect, and if needs be rebuild.  I suspect from some single spinning I've experienced, and also having driven a car with a tight LSD recently that my LSD is not doing it's job right.  And an LSD in a GT3 has to be right.

Being a nonconformist, I fitted some 16 x 7 and 8 inch Ronals for something different. Was surprised when I picked them up today, and they are fitted with some half decent Toyo Proxes! Will be painting the rims all one colour in gun metal grey or satin black when I get around to it

20161110_145852.jpg

Couldn't help myself. Not imaginative, not outlaw but I think it's gut enough...

The one and only disadvantage of club permits is the inability to put to use my other plates.

Generally not a fan of vanity plates but I like these.  Do tell what is the GUT thing all about as you're not a fat bloke...

Lee, you seems to be thinking like old mate with your wheel selection.

Being a nonconformist, I fitted some 16 x 7 and 8 inch Ronals for something different. Was surprised when I picked them up today, and they are fitted with some half decent Toyo Proxes! Will be painting the rims all one colour in gun metal grey or satin black when I get around to it

20161110_145852.jpg

Edited by Pork Chops

20161110_145852.jpg

Leave as is or gum metal, satin black you may lose the detail?

Generally not a fan of vanity plates but I like these.  Do tell what is the GUT thing all about as you're not a fat bloke...

It goes back to Daytona and Sega Rally days at the dodgy Russell St arcades in the early '90's. My brother's screen name was FAT and mine was GUT. I'm just holding onto the glory days. Plus it kinda fits ok for German cars being German for good.

Lee, you seems to be thinking like old mate with your wheel selection.

Yeah, kinda had a dig at them about 'a new design'. Pfft, a close copy more like it!

Best way to dry a car off post wash is with a leaf blower from Bunnings. The less you touch the paint, the less the swirls you get!

Bon Vivant that applied my ceramic coating provided me with that little bit of advice. 

Best way to dry a car off post wash is with a leaf blower from Bunnings. The less you touch the paint, the less the swirls you get!

Bon Vivant that applied my ceramic coating provided me with that little bit of advice. 

My daily is ceramic coated by Bon Vivant. They told me to use nothing but clean microfibre.  2 years now and no swirls.  

Leave as is or gum metal, satin black you may lose the detail?

I had thought that mate, and understand completely, though the 'vision' I've always had for my perfect 911 is silver with all black rims.

These rims were silly cheap really, and I wanted something other than Fuchs or BBS. I love the style of these Ronals, yet as they are now with the polished lip, they look just like the Fuchs at a distance. I'd love to have the same rims as on Sergio's/Autohaus group 4 car, though the budget isn't there for those. I'll try some Plasticote stuff in black and gun metal tomorrow and see what they look like, yet if not, it's a cheap mistake

Subtle script added, matt black on gloss. Thanks go to @MFX for a very useful DIY youtube vid!

SPY_20161010_012_zpsllbgp76p.jpg

can you paste the link to the video? I have 901 script to put on mine.

I had thought that mate, and understand completely, though the 'vision' I've always had for my perfect 911 is silver with all black rims.

These rims were silly cheap really, and I wanted something other than Fuchs or BBS. I love the style of these Ronals, yet as they are now with the polished lip, they look just like the Fuchs at a distance. I'd love to have the same rims as on Sergio's/Autohaus group 4 car, though the budget isn't there for those. I'll try some Plasticote stuff in black and gun metal tomorrow and see what they look like, yet if not, it's a cheap mistake

what about blue, like the silver martini colours. Or be like that Americano guy. Paint everything a different colour and convince yourself it looks cool.

Subtle script added, matt black on gloss. Thanks go to @MFX for a very useful DIY youtube vid!

Glad it worked out nicely for you. Looks awesome! You guys need to come for a drive to Bowral to stretch it's legs ;)

can you paste the link to the video? I have 901 script to put on mine.

what about blue, like the silver martini colours. Or be like that Americano guy. Paint everything a different colour and convince yourself it looks cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P46yu75-i8Q&t=1s 

See how it goes for you. I have used that method for years and it works great. Right spot every time.

My daily is ceramic coated by Bon Vivant. They told me to use nothing but clean microfibre.  2 years now and no swirls.  

Yeh he probably was saying that 2 years ago, now he has leaf blowers in his tool kit and recommends those.  Makes sense to limit swirls by not touching the paint unless required.

What is your daily driver?

Bought a new front grille set from Zunsport.

(I'm not affiliated with them but anyone can use my membership number 100633150 - to receive a 15% discount on their site. I think  I get an entry to a quarterly draw if my number is used - but the main reason here is to share the discount - If mods want this removed let me know).

Basic install but decided to remove bumper etc at the same time so I could clean the radiators prior to fitment.  Hardest part was getting the wheel arch liners out! Removed lights as well as I did not want to scratch them during the process.

Only real pain was removing the air temp sensor bracket from the bumper and relocating the sensor. Sorry no pics but self explanatory once you're in.  Basically just pulled the cable back through the grommet located in the air duct and secured it. Now the sensor sits about 4 inches back from where it was previously. 

Bumper off:

IMG_0320_zpscoklx6as.jpg

Radiators cleaned: (When removing front one be careful with the 2 black plastic guides that sit top and bottom - they are fragile).

IMG_0322_zpszbs3t3h6.jpg

Hosed off:

IMG_0328_zpshuzg9mlz.jpg

Reassembled - Grille on.

IMG_0336_zpsfzvho53i.jpg

Jim.