What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Went to Porsche Centre Adelaide to pick up my short shifter kit. Back home to give it a tidy up for the Porsche display tomorrow. While I'm at it I'll change the indicator bulbs over with the LED's that came yesterday. Did the beake/tail lights last week. Worth doing.

Glad it worked out nicely for you. Looks awesome! You guys need to come for a drive to Bowral to stretch it's legs ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P46yu75-i8Q&t=1s 

See how it goes for you. I have used that method for years and it works great. Right spot every time.

I'd never attempted this before and found it very easy if you take your time. The trickiest part is measuring out and aligning in the right spot, once that is done the rest is easy.

Will stop by and say hi in Bowral, you need to let us in on the best roads around the highlands, mum has just bought a new place in Exeter so will be down your way regularly now!

I really should stay off bloody Gumtree! 

Too cheap to pass up, and the exact seats I wanted before I bought the Momo's. 

Seller says 'You may have to modify the seat bases/sliders, coz they came out of a Porsche'. Ya what? I couldn't be that lucky!!

Yep, bolted straight in to the seat bolsters. Well bugger me! Only had to put a couple of spacers to lay it back a bit coz I'm an Orangutan

20161112_193814.jpg

Had the GT4 in for its first service today at PCM. They looked after me fantastically well and I set up in their lounge to work for the morning to save doing another trip into the city to pick it up. Thanks to Scott and the team, was a great experience and what an office to have for the morning in amongst all these beautiful cars.

Edited by Chris-p

Had the GT4 in for its first service today at PCM. They looked after me fantastically well and I set up in their lounge to work for the morning to save doing another trip into the city to pick it up. Thanks to Scott and the team, was a great experience and what an office to have for the morning in amongst all these beautiful cars.

Couldn't agree more Chris - very professional and well setup, service in my experience was second to none. Yes, they aren't the cheapest mechanic in town but when you balance convenience, service, the quality of the facility they have built it all adds up to me - the caveat being (IMHO) for more modern Porsche's, I still see a solid role for independents for the older classics, although PCM is working hard to regain that market also. 

Agree Chris - I found them cheaper than Volkswagen, my wife's Pasatt is just as expensive as my GT3 from a Service Perspective....some Porsche items on the invoice were cheaper than VW.....

so I'm not the only one who thinks VW service is exxy.  Had my Passat 20k service last week, what a rort.   

I'm looking a replacement for our CX7 for the middle of next year.

I had a good look at a LEXUS NX200T yesterday.    Great vehicle.  I think I'm in love with it..

Servicing for that, is every 12 months or 15000k    First service is free.

Next four services average $700.00 each.

I suppose that's getting up there a bit.... for what an oil change, filters, rotate wheels etc....

Servicing is obviously the money grab, but what do you do.

LEXUS NX200T... think I'm in love with it..

Seek medication. :blink:

We service our company CX5's with a well known dealer, every 10k approx $270, then every 40k is about $700, not bad really.  But, I didn't buy Tiguans mainly for the cost of servicing...

I'm looking a replacement for our CX7 for the middle of next year.

I had a good look at a LEXUS NX200T yesterday.    Great vehicle.  I think I'm in love with it..

Servicing for that, is every 12 months or 15000k    First service is free.

Next four services average $700.00 each.

I suppose that's getting up there a bit.... for what an oil change, filters, rotate wheels etc....

Servicing is obviously the money grab, but what do you do.

Don't get it serviced at the dealer @Niko..... Interesting styling.... :)

Don't get it serviced at the dealer @Niko..... Interesting styling.... :)

I hear what your saying, normal thing though, you sort of worry about the warranty (4 years)

I know your right though, any proper recognised workshop should be able to do it.

Styling is ineteresting.  I really love the thing.  Mrs NIKO loves it too, so that's a plus.  

The base model (LUXURY) comes with heaps as standard but I would probably add the enhancement pack 2.  

Which has the sunroof, the all speed radar active cruise control and Pre collision safety system.

Even the Comp Insurance is reasonable, approx $850.00 per year.

Have to test drive one yet, so see what happens then.

Anyway going off post here...sorry

Back to... what did you do to your Porsche today

Anyway going off post here...sorry

Back to... what did you do to your Porsche today

Nah don't worry, most go off topic a bit these days :P just say you are considering a Macan as well :) (what about a Merc as well ;) )

A bit worrying to me is that a car like this comes in 2WD.... kind of defeats the purpose of a SUV to me......

Seek medication. :blink:

We service our company CX5's with a well known dealer, every 10k approx $270, then every 40k is about $700, not bad really.  But, I didn't buy Tiguans mainly for the cost of servicing...

I hear what your saying KGB.  

Long way off buying one yet (although there is a four month wait) so once the initial "excitement" of it, wears off, I might have a change of mind.

I really am impressed though...

Ha ha......I hate to say it...but if we do get it... it will    aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh       probably see me out :(   

Nah don't worry, most go off topic a bit these days :P just say you are considering a Macan as well :) (what about a Merc as well ;) )

A bit worrying to me is that a car like this comes in 2WD.... kind of defeats the purpose of a SUV to me......

AWD is available and may still be an option....

But.. we have done some big trips around Oz  in the CX7 and thats only FWD, and it's been fine.   

We don't do any serious off road stuff.   Not into towing like the run of the mill retired old nomads do. (read...run of the mill retired old farts)   

Motels, air con, fridges, nice beds etc for us.

Best way to dry a car off post wash is with a leaf blower from Bunnings. The less you touch the paint, the less the swirls you get!

Bon Vivant that applied my ceramic coating provided me with that little bit of advice. 

+1.  I brought two electric blower / vacs from aldi for $12.99 each (cheaper than a decent microfibre cloth) when they were on special about three months ago for that exact purpose (do away with the bottom section of two piece suction pipe connection and all good.

Went to Porsche Centre Adelaide to pick up my short shifter kit. Back home to give it a tidy up for the Porsche display tomorrow. While I'm at it I'll change the indicator bulbs over with the LED's that came yesterday. Did the beake/tail lights last week. Worth doing.

stew looking at doing the short shifter thing myself. Cost? Process to fit? Time etc..

thanks

jonathan

Cost was $312.65 including GST. That was for the shifter kit and a ball socket bush. Haven't done it yet. Maybe Sunday, unless I end up going to the motorsport festival. I'll post a detailed how to when I finish. Looks quite easy. Maybe 6 spanners out of 10.

Show Room                                                                                                                                               WorkShop

997_s_001.jpg

Edited by Raven

So I was bored again, and have been wanting to lower the pig for a while.

Got out the 11mm socket and dropped it as low as I dare at the moment. My driveway entry is a bit of a bitch (still fighting with the council morons about repairing it), so it scraped before I lowered it. Time to get some quick dry cement and do it myself!

20161118_162603.jpg

Also, the night before, I wanted to see what black headlight trims would look like, so I used some electrical tape. Yeah, it looked great till I tried to remove it! Took half the paint with it, so its staying there till I paint some others I have, or have a crack at it in situ, as from prior experience, me and headlight assembly just don't get on very well

I've got a couple of Momo wheels, including a nice suede one, though the grip is pretty small (both not for sale), so I found this 350mm one in Supercheap for $129. They didnt have any left in stock, so I scored this ex display for $90. MUCH better to drive with in my opinion (I do have big hands though), and the Momo horn button fitted a treat. They also have the same PCD (screw holes) as a Momo boss, so they bolt straight on. I'm also looking at a silver one with holes in it like a Prototipo for a bit of variety.

20161118_162526.jpg

Next will be to fit a more dense foam in the Sparco seats. Comfort is not a word I would use at the moment!

So I was bored again, and have been wanting to lower the pig for a while.

Got out the 11mm socket and dropped it as low as I dare at the moment. My driveway entry is a bit of a bitch (still fighting with the council morons about repairing it), so it scraped before I lowered it. Time to get some quick dry cement and do it myself!

20161118_162603.jpg

Also, the night before, I wanted to see what black headlight trims would look like, so I used some electrical tape. Yeah, it looked great till I tried to remove it! Took half the paint with it, so its staying there till I paint some others I have, or have a crack at it in situ, as from prior experience, me and headlight assembly just don't get on very well

I've got a couple of Momo wheels, including a nice suede one, though the grip is pretty small (both not for sale), so I found this 350mm one in Supercheap for $129. They didnt have any left in stock, so I scored this ex display for $90. MUCH better to drive with in my opinion (I do have big hands though), and the Momo horn button fitted a treat. They also have the same PCD (screw holes) as a Momo boss, so they bolt straight on. I'm also looking at a silver one with holes in it like a Prototipo for a bit of variety.

20161118_162526.jpg

Next will be to fit a more dense foam in the Sparco seats. Comfort is not a word I would use at the moment!

Sorry Lee but i'm laughing about the tape and the paint coming off.:D

What a bitch, funny though.