Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

What a great day in Newcastle today (summer Niko) i could feel the warm air coming off the lake this morning and it's my day off (every Fri) and the missus at work, so i decided i would have a bludge morning and take the 944 for a run.

I put some washing on (yep i can do that) and impatiently wait for it to finish and head up towards Broke to check out a couple of things, a lot of old dudes out on bikes enjoying the stunning day when i get there and I head towards Wollombi.

The road between Broke and Wollombi is a 100k speed limit with long flowing open corners and some that are tight as well and a 80k area closer to Wollombi with tight corners and some shitty surface with a few potholes thrown in just to keep you on your toes.

Then it happened, I didn't notice at first, then just as it was about to tick over I had to pull over and take a photo.

20160819_1156511.jpg

88,000km, I have done over 3,500km since I got the car at the end of May and I'm loving every minute of it.:P

• 2 weeks later...

I recognised the location of some of @GUT 's photos from the other week. Thought I'd have a go at re-creating them today while I was out on my run!

Haha I like the concept.

Maybe you'll start a trend - we could have a thread of copycat photos.

Or something like Pokemon GO - PFA members driving around the countryside trying to spot photo locations previously used by other PFA members

Haha I like the concept.

Or something like Pokemon GO - PFA members driving around the countryside trying to spot photo locations previously used by other PFA members

Great idea, I reckon there is definitely money in Porsche-e-mon Go!

Haha I like the concept.

I'm sure there was a thread for this, I tried to search it but couldn't find it, it was something like guess where I am from a posted photo.

• 2 weeks later...

You do realise that a simple shout out will more often than not yield you company..... ;) 

True, but given the conditions, I wasn't sure you C2 boys would be able to keep up with my lowly C4 ;)

Joking aside, it was a last minute decision on Sunday morning to head out, the thought did cross my mind though...

Opportunity came to get out and drive yesterday morning so headed out for few hours....

Lake Mountain road was clear of snow, water, other cars and cyclists :wub:

5D11A712-4276-464D-AA4C-1221EAB147F2.jpg

B3A3A5E9-5176-486F-AD90-5318765B44F8.jpg

Petrol in Buxton, coffee in Marysville and then return...

Via a Pisstop of course

045481A5-E5A9-4FC4-B541-D35D48EE0EEA.jpg

Spotted two Caymans coming towards me as I was driving up thru Warburton, both had big grins on their dials :D

Anyone here?

ended up north of crows nest heading to the car show in kilcoy

DKtCzOw.jpg?1

quickly discovered there is no sealed road between crows nest and blackbutt.. however there is a fantastic freshly graded clay base road..

TTTPCWt.jpg?1

0epFEkg.jpg?1

even the gravel section was smooth and a lot of fun

taOxQNm.jpg?1

went through dayboro, finally home for a well deserved wash. 373km in total.

T2Dwh3m.jpg?1

Edited by clutch-monkey