Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Took the missus up to Mount Barker via the freeway to collect my new laptop the missus bought for me (many thanks Shane!), then hit the backroads in the hills on the way home to test out the new tyre pressures and after I lowered the front. Much better!

Dunno if the missus would be a good rally navigator though, as I wasn't really pushing it, and got 'You need a Jeezus bar on the dash' and 'Ooh these race seats aren't very comfortable!'  <_< (she's kinda right with the Sparco's though!)

To the carwash and back then polished her and tucked her in, then blasted the hills on the 916 with my son on the back for a countery at St Andrews and took in the bike and classic car show that's always on and putting past with a blast up the hill, on a bright warm sunny day as the beers go down

Sitting under the patio yesterday reading the Herald Sun and the WEEKEND section.  

This little cafe/wine bar got a good mention, so Mrs Niko and me decided to go for a drive today and try it out.

Lived up to it's write up, and probably exceeded it.

IMG_1458.jpg

Then we had a bit of a drive around and I found a couple of photo opportunities, just to annoy the missus.

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

The croc went like a dream once again.   420 K's for a coffee and a corn beef sandwich.

Edited by Niko

Sitting under the patio yesterday reading the Herald Sun and the WEEKEND section.  

This little cafe/wine bar got a good mention, so Mrs Niko and me decided to go for adrive today and try it out.

Lived up to it's write up, and probably exceeded it.

IMG_1458.jpg

Then we had a bit of a drive around and I found a couple of photo opportunities, just ot annoy the missus.

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

The croc went like a dream once again.   420 K's for a coffee and a corn beef sandwich.

Lookin good Niko ... my brain was saying port Albert hmmmm down near Portland, geez this bloke gets around! googled it and (not Port Fairy) looks like a forgotten part of the world... about 20 islands of the coast there, never knew that!

Lookin good Niko ... my brain was saying port Albert hmmmm down near Portland, geez this bloke gets around! googled it and (not Port Fairy) looks like a forgotten part of the world... about 20 islands of the coast there, never knew that!

Great little spot.  Forgotten part of the world.   Very popular with the fishing people.

Getting a bit touristy.  

Reputation for the best fish and chip shop in Victoria, and you can eat them on the deck looking out to sea.

Some great Band B's there. (note made to come back and spend a couple of lazy days there) 

Port Welshpool and Toora also great little spots just before Port Albert.

Petrol down there was 118 for ULP compared with 1.30 or more in Melb.

Only down side of the run today was the astonishing amount of blue tongue lizards that had been run over.

I can't understand how drivers can't avoid running them over.  

Lots of caravans and a few milk tankers on the roads, so maybe they are to blame. 

OH.....and I forgot to add the Port Albert Cafe & Winery is run and owned by the late Peter WHERRET's missus. 

Edited by Niko

what wheels are those? jongbloeds? have seen a set on a 993 GT2, really nice wheels.

Thanks :D.  Yes they are Jongbloeds.  I don't mind the look of them, not as good as BBS LMs, but strewth they're light.  I was going to get the centres anodised blue (like my BMX) but woosed it and went for boring gold in the end.  Thinking of painting them RS / Riviera / Mexico Blue.  Or maybe get some other centres so I've got one set of rims and 2 looks!  I'm such a tart.