Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Thought we would break in the New Year, with a run to Phillip Island for lunch.

Ended up popping into the Vietnam Veterans Museum, which was closed unfortunately, but still managed to squeeze a couple of shots off.

Then onto Rhyll for lunch by the water.   Weather a bit ordinary, overcast.  Heaps of traffic coming home.

VVAM%204.jpg

VVAM%205.jpg

This is a Caribou under restoration.   Served in many countries.   I may have even had the privilege of having flown with this one back 70/71

They were called Wallaby Airlines. 

I would love to know if 231 up above was one of these....

img147%203.jpg

Yours truly waiting for a taxi ride on a Wallaby Airlines Caribou ...from Tan Son Nhut Airport (Saigon) to Vung Tau.

img126.jpg

Caribou taxi'ing Tan Son Nhut.

img057-3.jpg

RAAF pilots in the Caribou

img173.jpg

Looking out the cargo ramp, about to leave Nui Dat

img054a.jpg

Unloading supplies at Nui Dat

Niko are you reading Where's Wally?:D

Or 'Where's Charlie?' 

Ha ha I think it was an S.O.P. manual telling you how to hide from 'Charlie" when this old plane ends up in the Jungle.:ph34r:

I wish I could remember what it was, I was reading though.....

Edited by Niko

Drove the 996 around the Dandenong hills looking at properties for sale. No fanging it though as to many tourists clogging the roads. 

Been up there myself a fair bit in the last few days, staying with friends in Tecoma. Pleased we were in my Range Rover, traffic really has been shocking ?

Gosh, they were small, weren't they! They flew so slow a stiff headwind would yield a negative ground speed! :P

I had the honour of going in a few during my training up in Townsville (December 2002, combat survival course) on the 'escape and evasion' phase.  That simultaneously sucked and was awesome! :P 

I would love to know if 231 up above was one of these....

img147%203.jpg

Yours truly waiting for a taxi ride on a Wallaby Airlines Caribou ...from Tan Son Nhut Airport (Saigon) to Vung Tau.

Caribou taxi'ing Tan Son Nhut.

RAAF pilots in the Caribou

img173.jpg

Looking out the cargo ramp, about to leave Nui Dat

Unloading supplies at Nui Dat

They were such awesome aircraft. Irreplaceable.  

The Canadians did upgrade them with turbo-props and called them 'Buffalos'.  They were used for search and rescue.

Check out the low-speed handling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tq-wlspDb8

I've obviously never seen a Caribou do those sort of manouvres.   Incredible stuff.   They were an awesome plane.

Good on you Tiian, great to know your a fellow Caribou "frequent flyer" as well.

Edited by Niko

Drove the Macan from Syd to Coffs for a couple of days of surfing. Pretty impressed for a 5 1/2 hours behind the wheel (15min stop for coffee at Taree) it was a very easy and comfortable drive in what is classified as an SUV, not a tourer ? 

I normally see 16L per 100 around town so sub 10 in a petrol 3.0TT with 2 boards on the roof was better than I expected. ?

IMG_0692_zpsiqcub5ix.jpg

Drove to work, then to my orthopaedic surgeon in Stirling to have my stitches out, then back to the city to help my son with his rego on his replacement S15, then back up the hill, post office to get my new tail lights, supermarket, then home. About 150 kms. It was so hot in there.

Did some transaxle touring yesterday

IMG_1089_zpsdvivpqqd.jpg

Drove from Lake Cathie, down to Bulahdelah via the Lakes Way(a quick loop of Wooton Way was thrown in just because we were there), then out to Booral via Booral road, jointed The Bucketts Way at Booral through to Stroud for lunch.

After lunch continued onto Gloster, then following The Bucketts Way all the way through to Taree, before jumping back on the HWY for the trip back to Lake Cathie.

Road quality was OK some nice twisty sections, the weather was the main hold back, was a little wet so not many photo opportunities. So will have to do it again on a sunny day.

IMG_1092_zpsldf7bwlr.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qcOlMXBMbaixA-SvuT_KHhrbyRs&usp=sharing

Edited by Port 911
Adding map

Cruising from The Berry Lake House through Kangaroo Valley up to Bowral and back with the family all packed into the '77 911 Targa - loved it!

Damn, wish I knew you were in the Highlands we could have caught up, been driving around down here since Thursday, it really is a great part of Australia, had lunch at Cambewarra Mt today, off to Berry in the morn then Kiama.

My car is so dirty it's doing my head in, hasn't been in the rain for almost 16 years, I swear I could have heard the old girl crying today when it was pissing down at Robertson.:(

My car is so dirty it's doing my head in, hasn't been in the rain for almost 16 years, I swear I could have heard the old girl crying today when it was pissing down at Robertson.:(

If I had of known you were driving in the rain, you would have probably been able to hear ME cry ...... ;)

To the beach! After listening in to a few conversations I'm glad I bought the German Aston! Those Lucas electrics let old blighty down again and again. And then there's corrosion...which makes them 150x as valuable as my shark...go figure

AM6.jpg

AM1.jpg

AM2.jpg

AM4.jpg

A 20 footer AM