Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

I would love the Cayman GT4 RS, For a belt Round the track or a hilclimb sprint, But I think the engine noise in the left ear would get to you as a daily driver/ So the GT3 for me ( I wish)

I will stick with my 3 RS or the 992 GT 3 ,,,,,,Why because you can,t get a 4 RS for love or money all sold downunder and when they do arrive Wankers will start flipping them and the markup will be ridiculous ,, and they will flip them with next to no klm on them  :wacko:

992 GT3 RS another one you can,t get ,dealer says no , all gone :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, DJM said:

GT4RS vs 992 GT3……….the conclusion is about what I expected from recent reviews of both cars

The Cayman has always been a really exciting platform & now with the GT3 being such a monster, the smaller size and weight (with the same engine) will be a real sweet spot. 

If only I knew someone lucky enough to have an allocation......................

1 hour ago, HWY said:

I always thought if you flip, then it is very difficult to get a future brand new GT car. Short term gain for long term empty garage.

How many times have we seen GT cars with less than 2000 klm on them being flipped for more than list price on car sales , even the dealers were selling 992 GT3 for $100k over list and they were gone in 24 hrs last year,, 911 R that landed in Aus and was sold a few days later for close to a million and shipped to UK , just few examples off top of my head and there are many more, I could mention..

This notion of the flippers will not get to purchase a car in future is a myth , Porsche Australia dose ,nt care ,,,for love or money I could not get a allocation for 992 GT3 or a 718 4RS and the not yet released 992 GT3 RS.

Had a long history with the brand like most members of this forum and feel I have a good relationship with my local dealers .............but it has got me stuffed ?????

I will add there are others on this site with the same frustrations who can not get a allocation either .

1 hour ago, Raven said:

How many times have we seen GT cars with less than 2000 klm on them being flipped for more than list price on car sales , even the dealers were selling 992 GT3 for $100k over list and they were gone in 24 hrs last year,, 911 R that landed in Aus and was sold a few days later for close to a million and shipped to UK , just few examples off top of my head and there are many more, I could mention..

This notion of the flippers will not get to purchase a car in future is a myth , Porsche Australia dose ,nt care ,,,for love or money I could not get a allocation for 992 GT3 or a 718 4RS and the not yet released 992 GT3 RS.

Had a long history with the brand like most members of this forum and feel I have a good relationship with my local dealers .............but it has got me stuffed ?????

I will add there are others on this site with the same frustrations who can not get a allocation either .

This. I put my money down for the GT3 RS in January 2018, the day I took delivery of my GT3. I’m not convinced I’m going to get one as the sales manager is being evasive. To top it off they now claim that I never had my name down for the Spyder RS even though I was told at the time that I was first. “Even if you were first we can’t sell you two desirable cars that close together”.

I don’t get an allocation I’m finished engaging with the brand on a new car basis. Not to mention I’m going to trash the dealer every way I can. Hopefully my Lotus turns up in the next 6 months to take my mind off it :PissedOff:

42 minutes ago, sleazius said:

“Even if you were first we can’t sell you two desirable cars that close together”.

Huh? Why on earth wouldn't they? 

Jeez, I'd cancel any orders, and go buy a Lambo and do a drive by waving the finger 😅

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

This. I put my money down for the GT3 RS in January 2018, the day I took delivery of my GT3. I’m not convinced I’m going to get one as the sales manager is being evasive. To top it off they now claim that I never had my name down for the Spyder RS even though I was told at the time that I was first. “Even if you were first we can’t sell you two desirable cars that close together”.

I don’t get an allocation I’m finished engaging with the brand on a new car basis. Not to mention I’m going to trash the dealer every way I can. Hopefully my Lotus turns up in the next 6 months to take my mind off it :PissedOff:

Lotus. Good choice! That Emira GT4 also looks like it would be a bit of fun. 

I’m at the ship tracking stage. Think a few others on this forum may have theirs on board too. 

91872124-DC00-43EF-9B52-1D2D0E553DCD.png

53 minutes ago, hugh said:

Supply vs demand. Porsche don’t need to care. 

Yep, good luck to them. Demand -1.

10 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Lotus. Good choice! That Emira GT4 also looks like it would be a bit of fun. 

Always wanted an Exige - the Emira seems far more usable as a daily. Money down July 21; there have been quite a few production delays but the communication has been excellent. Thousand times better than the Porsche experience.

19 hours ago, sleazius said:

Yep, good luck to them. Demand -1.

Always wanted an Exige - the Emira seems far more usable as a daily. Money down July 21; there have been quite a few production delays but the communication has been excellent. Thousand times better than the Porsche experience.

I had an Exige for a while and only moved it on to make room for the 4RS, the team at SSC who do Lotus in Australia made for the best car purchasing experience I have ever had.

I’ve had approximately monthly emails, and 3 phone calls from the COO, plus invites to events along the way. I know Lotus is a tiny company, but they sure know how to keep the contact consistent and keep their customers well informed. I’d agree with @cafe_racer, so far this is the most pleasant car transaction I’ve ever had.

1 hour ago, HWY said:

All the recent cars mentioned here in one clip.

What an idiotic comparison test. MC20 not driven on the same roads, and by the looks only driven by one of the drivers. Lotus with Touring pack (not sporty enough). GT4 RS having to mix with what amounts to a million dollar car in the 296GTB.

At least the GT4 RS got rave reviews. Congrats to all our members who were lucky enough to get an allocation :Beer:

5 minutes ago, HWY said:

After all the comments today over the 3RS release, I got to say I prefer the simple design of the 4RS. Horses for courses, but I'd be nervous tracking and going at 10/10ths in a $600k 3RS.

Me too, but they’re rarer than rocking horse shit here. Porsche is leaving so much money on the table it makes zero sense.

5 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Me too, but they’re rarer than rocking horse shit here. Porsche is leaving so much money on the table it makes zero sense.

Exactly like the 992 GT3. Why have all Australia allocations finished whereas the rest of world is still ordering into next year. Just weird since they make a very hefty margin in Australia versus overseas markets where there are multiple official importers of Porsches. Apparently 4RS production run until mid 2024 so still time for you to have fun in the Emira and then get a 4RS (with a 2024MY price hike for your loyalty)

Nuts!