Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

1 hour ago, spiller said:

As much as everyone loves Chris Harris, he’s the one who coined this sort of behaviour. Now it has to be done to stay relevant. Meh, sideways is slower.

Sideways is definitely slower, but grip driving fast on track doesn't really come through on film. I still love seeing Chris Harris slide around in Supercars, no matter how pointless it really is 😜 

15 hours ago, Raven said:

Funny you say that and I totally agree 100%, I was at SMSP pre covid say 2018 ish doing a sprint day on the South Circuit and one of the Aussie motoring Magazines were on the North Circuit doing track reviews of a number of Superscar like the Mclaren 650 , Lotus Exige, GTR Skyline and the AMG GTS , a Jag F Type R and one of the Aston Martins .

What I saw , was seriously poor driving from all of them and I do mean pathetic , to me it looked like none of them had even driven on a circuit before , and this could have very well been the case , but seriously they were terrible all day and did not get any better, my conclusion was that they were obviously employed for their journalistic skills , eg being able to put a good story together and not for their drive skills .

Since then I have never payed any attention to Aussie motoring Journo,s reviews , I just can not give then any credibility :wacko:

If you think journalists are terrible at driving cars, wait until you see police officers training with their handguns. Abysmal. I shoot IPSC (run and gun) and our club is used by a number of agencies for training. My advice if you're ever on the opposite side of the law with a drawn gun ... just run in a straight line.

11 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

If you think journalists are terrible at driving cars, wait until you see police officers training with their handguns. Abysmal. I shoot IPSC (run and gun) and our club is used by a number of agencies for training. My advice if you're ever on the opposite side of the law with a drawn gun ... just run in a straight line.

I am a retired soldier and veteran , and have also seen police  firearms training and weapons handling first had it is pretty ordinary to say the least :Chuckle2: 

On 25/03/2022 at 05:37, MFX said:

I am not saying I am a gun driver or journalist, but I contacted the local Porsche PR to see if I could get invited to any future launches, as my channel is easily the biggest Porsche YouTube channel in Aus, and I get a heap more targeted views than some of the Aussie publications They couldn't be less interested. Again not saying I could do a better job, but Porsche in the UK and the US are much more open to other forms of media, even if it just gives a different perspective.

I’d keep at this…if you listen to Doug Demuro he still doesn’t get attention from some manufacturers despite being such a big channel.  

Maybe best way into this is to do some late model reviews using borrowed cars - just to show what people could expect.  While mainstream motoring mags don’t always do a good job they are a known quantity and anyone in the pr dept will be very risk averse.  If you do a couple of reviews and can point to them as examples of level of quality (and also audience / demographics).  The other thing is to have a pitch deck.  There’s a VINwiki episode where he talks about developing pitch decks and approaching sponsors.  Worth watching if you haven’t seen it.  
Would be interesting for you to try some reviews.  Finding an orange gt3 and doing a back to back comparison with your own car could be fun.

On 24/03/2022 at 14:16, WGA said:

My guess is it will depend what you are used to. When in Europe, I routinely did 2000-4500 kms road trips in my 991.2 GT3 RS and didn't blink an eye so it will have to be a whole lot louder for me to even notice. I will let you know.

One more question for when you have seat time- how hot does it get in the cabin with the engine covers just made of plastic... Especially when driving for longer distances. I note that the Portugal reviews were done when the ambient temp was 7 degrees.     Open the rear trunk to cool it quicker after a track session?

On 25/03/2022 at 06:07, MFX said:

I am not saying I am a gun driver or journalist, but I contacted the local Porsche PR to see if I could get invited to any future launches, as my channel is easily the biggest Porsche YouTube channel in Aus, and I get a heap more targeted views than some of the Aussie publications They couldn't be less interested. Again not saying I could do a better job, but Porsche in the UK and the US are much more open to other forms of media, even if it just gives a different perspective.

What is your YouTube channel? I wouldn't mind checking it out.

5 minutes ago, Snowman said:

I just got my build slot allocation.  June build - August delivery. Presuming no delays.

There are 10 cars coming in April/May as well. Very few cars per build slots which seems a bit weird to me.

(I had my name down in 2018)

Congrats!

3 hours ago, Snowman said:

I just got my build slot allocation.  June build - August delivery. Presuming no delays.

There are 10 cars coming in April/May as well. Very few cars per build slots which seems a bit weird to me.

Sweet! (and congrats)

What are your specs? (Care to share your build code?)

10 hours ago, Snowman said:

That's wonderful news- great to know that PCA original expectations of 2nd quarter orders are being met which is no small feat given what's happened since the November 2021 official release.

10 hours ago, Snowman said:

Hi Snowman, are you saying you put your name on a waiting list in 2018  & have only just received an allocation?

Is it seriously a four year wait? 

How does it work, do you put your name down on a list & wait for them to contact you (and only then you start telling them what you want)?  

The Cayman will be electric within the next 3 years, not good for a long waiting list?  

Well he had his name down for a car that didn’t yet exist. So the 4yrs is a bit of a misnomer. 

With that said if you don’t already have a deposit down or have compromising photos of your porsche dealer the wait could be infinity for a new one. 

11 hours ago, gp33rs said:

Hi Snowman, are you saying you put your name on a waiting list in 2018  & have only just received an allocation?

Is it seriously a four year wait? 

How does it work, do you put your name down on a list & wait for them to contact you (and only then you start telling them what you want)?  

The Cayman will be electric within the next 3 years, not good for a long waiting list?  

Last 10 years or so it has been a game of trying to use whatever knowledge you can find on the internet, then guess if they'll make a specific car, then call your dealer and get your name on a list for a car that doesn't even exist. You're also playing roulette with the fact that it may not be what you're expecting when/if they do finally make it. This game has gotten really tiring over the last 6 or 7 years because of flippers, you now have to get your name down at least a year in advance of a sought after model being announced.

You know you're a pro when you start calling about cars that don't exist, and won't ever be made. I'm first on the list of a few cars because of that.

Keep in mind this game is only played by the nobodies like me, the connected people seem to always get cars list or no list.

19 hours ago, Ectopic said:

Sweet! (and congrats)

What are your specs? (Care to share your build code?)

iris?COSY-EU-100-1713c6eK12UC31P3T5JOCU%25hjdmiTDDmvMXlHWguCuq6Q44RtRHo9ZAaDjJu5PcI7tGW3rNbZJNKXv9Z7KcQQ%25yFN5tFAsXrw4r3wo0qnqZr8MCnR4i84tV2YN2OmNyW1QGWgCWKMUuyO98V60KIAaWTQezYaifRR0DyoYTT89omEikIvKdBCr46tZouNLiSv6y3NY4W91PP3aql0nw1UQ4qTBb23UiZOlwABqddelZFW6RM5xJAYCYbBlPodFNHnvB7y2E4ZrlcL3usgdGw6oVtFeWo2MXRaH15%25Hxaz1xy0R4iBVC959zdTDtK3STIUChX

PNCJDLL9

But pretty much as soon as the first rumour that they might make this car came about from spy shots of the 981 test mule they did I went and put my name down.

But I did say I'd only go ahead with the order if it was a Cayman with a GT3 engine. I'm still shocked they did it lol

1 hour ago, Snowman said:

PNCJDLL9

Tasty spec! I like the White/Blue colour theme very much... 

With regards to getting the Weissach package without roll bar, then adding the Clubsport package, does this essentially ditch the Ti cage for a steel unit? 

1 hour ago, Snowman said:

iris?COSY-EU-100-1713c6eK12UC31P3T5JOCU%25hjdmiTDDmvMXlHWguCuq6Q44RtRHo9ZAaDjJu5PcI7tGW3rNbZJNKXv9Z7KcQQ%25yFN5tFAsXrw4r3wo0qnqZr8MCnR4i84tV2YN2OmNyW1QGWgCWKMUuyO98V60KIAaWTQezYaifRR0DyoYTT89omEikIvKdBCr46tZouNLiSv6y3NY4W91PP3aql0nw1UQ4qTBb23UiZOlwABqddelZFW6RM5xJAYCYbBlPodFNHnvB7y2E4ZrlcL3usgdGw6oVtFeWo2MXRaH15%25Hxaz1xy0R4iBVC959zdTDtK3STIUChX

PNCJDLL9

But pretty much as soon as the first rumour that they might make this car came about from spy shots of the 981 test mule they did I went and put my name down.

But I did say I'd only go ahead with the order if it was a Cayman with a GT3 engine. I'm still shocked they did it lol

Nice spec. Exactly the same as mine...although I won't be getting a car until next year.

5 hours ago, Snowman said:

PNCJDLL9

Got to say- that's a great story to know a Porsche Centre is actually following the order list and not just giving to their besties. I'm going to guess that's not MY Porsche Centre....