Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

5 minutes ago, HWY said:

Exactly like the 992 GT3. Why have all Australia allocations finished whereas the rest of world is still ordering into next year. Just weird since they make a very hefty margin in Australia versus overseas markets where there are multiple official importers of Porsches. Apparently 4RS production run until mid 2024 so still time for you to have fun in the Emira and then get a 4RS (with a 2024MY price hike for your loyalty)

Nuts!

When I Spoke to Dealer late last year I quoted what AP said in one of the interviews eg that everyone who wants GT4 RS can have one ...??

The dealer smiled and said that the production run was for two years and they can only build so many cars during that period and Australia had filed its allocation for the car , the only way we could get more is if they finish all of the cars currently ordered before that two year window closes .

I Believe this did happen on the  991.2 GT3 RS back in 2019 and they did build some additional cars , but at that time the Factory was at full manufacturing capacity and they did not have the current shortages that are plaguing the world wide automotive industry .

Even people with 4RS orders locked are having items dropped off them, e.g. PDLS+ headlights and Bose aren't going on US cars.  So seems they are focusing on just getting as many out the door as possible.  The car could end up like the 993 Turbo with 6,000 globally.  Not a limited run, but still not common. 

• 3 weeks later...

Several 4RS spotted in the wild at Nurburgring yesterday and Spa today, with and without Weissach Pack.  

Unfortunately the RSR car for rent was already booked for both tracks when I booked our drives.

I spoke to a couple of guys driving them and instructors familiar with all the GT cars and there seems to be universal love for the car

EC4996F6-55A6-4FFA-AD0D-428C367254B3.jpeg

68E94910-8F72-4D72-9B73-2804425D92EB.jpeg

6E24BFDB-1E36-4DD7-BF90-39B966952E89.jpeg

AA714A81-58B0-4A3F-85E5-C15DA172ACE0.jpeg

5EB4C1E1-32A5-412D-BAFB-B6E6736424D6.jpeg

14D39D9A-B396-47CF-AB69-CB03AD66A64E.jpeg

FB26B726-60F5-47A3-A00F-C0FC5F943A51.jpeg

727FA2F4-4712-4514-8F13-46579D5BEA55.jpeg

D2E902D0-59A2-4ED8-BF44-4FA7FFCF1059.jpeg

B80A1414-7146-423B-9FE7-C8E5A32CA3C3.jpeg

35253C7D-32D6-4AA7-911E-52F795BDB71C.jpeg

A5D31E31-5FAE-47C7-A10F-1267D21BE8AF.jpeg

8D1BC2EF-4682-4E65-A723-0634DDE86490.jpeg

5 hours ago, DJM said:

I spoke to a couple of guys driving them and instructors familiar with all the GT cars and there seems to be universal love for the car

It seems it is only people who want to daily these things that have issue with the cabin noise. You've got to wonder why the hell they're choosing to daily in a GT product though. Everyone else is raving about the car.

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Yeah, the cabin noise thing seems to be so mixed.  Some people say its just like a GT4 when at low revs cruising around.  And others say that you'll go deaf driving it without earplugs.  Guess time will tell and each person has different tolerances.

From watching videos, if you're pootling around it seems fine to me, although with a slight drone. Its at WOT where it seems to get very loud, and I can only imagine what it is like in the cabin. To me that is a plus, but to a lot of people it isn't.

On 06/09/2022 at 03:41, sleazius said:

From watching videos, if you're pootling around it seems fine to me, although with a slight drone. Its at WOT where it seems to get very loud, and I can only imagine what it is like in the cabin. To me that is a plus, but to a lot of people it isn't.

Surely no one is buying an GT car as a legit daily driver…… Acceptable noise at low revs and roaring at high revs is ideal - look how many people fit after market exhausts to ramp up the noise.

If you want quiet, buy an EV 😂.

On 06/09/2022 at 10:34, cafe_racer said:

Yeah, the cabin noise thing seems to be so mixed.  Some people say its just like a GT4 when at low revs cruising around.  And others say that you'll go deaf driving it without earplugs.  Guess time will tell and each person has different tolerances.

Shouldn't mater if your a bit long in the tooth,  Should be 1/2 deaf so it should sound just about right :)

4 hours ago, JWM said:

AP was basically saying “look if you’re not going to track it please just fuck off will you” in every video I saw of the 992 GT3RS 😂

I can confirm every one of the 4RS in photos above (as well as a plethora of 997 and 991 GT3 & RS) were all being punted hard at Ring or Spa.

shame I can’t drive the ring one handed with phone in the other  - a dude in a GT2 RS MR came past me so bloody fast I barely saw which way he went but I did notice front right wheel hanging in the air.   Would’ve made an epic video.

By the way, the red and yellow cars above were in Manthey Racing yard in Meuspath next to Nurburg.  I assume that means a Manthey kit will follow for the 4RS.  

We had been lined up by someone at home who knows someone who knows someone who works at Manthey to tour their facility but they were closed Saturday and we ran short of time Sunday so I didn’t get the chance to ask what they have planned.

Well I've booked Phillip Island for November 8th - sure hope we've seen the last of these delays. My shipping arrival date actually came forwards 1 day recently (now due in port Oct 5th). Surprisingly I know of a few people with cars on the way but it seems there's a few different ships carrying them.

• 3 weeks later...

Righto, GT4RS order signed today at PCB, 5% deposit paid.  

No confirmed allocation as yet but he agreed with me when I said you wouldn’t ask me to sign a contract and pay 5% if it wasn’t very likely.  He also said I’m at the top of the list and there will be another batch, they will know more in coming months, likely 10-12 months delivery from now.

The sales guy reckons the 10 orders he holds he is confident will all be fulfilled.  In fact, he said they’ve been told to take further GT4RS EoI - no guarantees but there could be more to follow.  He also mentioned Spyder RS is coming but not on their system yet.

1 minute ago, cafe_racer said:

I believe the first Australian delivered GT4RS cars are to be delivered next week! 

Dealer sales guy said invites for 4RS launch will go out soon for October, first customer cars will be used for the launch.  I think he said at Essendon airport?

3 hours ago, DJM said:

Righto, GT4RS order signed today at PCB, 5% deposit paid.  

No confirmed allocation as yet but he agreed with me when I said you wouldn’t ask me to sign a contract and pay 5% if it wasn’t very likely.  He also said I’m at the top of the list and there will be another batch, they will know more in coming months, likely 10-12 months delivery from now.

The sales guy reckons the 10 orders he holds he is confident will all be fulfilled.  In fact, he said they’ve been told to take further GT4RS EoI - no guarantees but there could be more to follow.  He also mentioned Spyder RS is coming but not on their system yet.

Top shelf. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Time to try and build a relationship with a new dealer methinks. My current one f**king sucks.