Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

On 03/10/2022 at 15:30, cafe_racer said:

Seems I was mistaken, customers can't take delivery till after PCA do a "launch" so will have to cancel a couple of track days.  A bit frustrating knowing it is sitting there ready to go, i'd rather be driving than going to some spectacle.

I think our boat has been stuck in Freo for an extended period of time too. Now almost a week late in its estimated arrival time  (now saying Melb arrrival Oct 10th - presuming our cars are on the same boat).

I've booked PI for Nov 8th. Hopefull that will still be on the cards.

Mine is sitting in a warehouse ready for collection in Essendon, awaiting good word from PCA post the "launch".  I had to cancel a couple of track days, I'm down for PI on the 8th Nov too, if we get the cars on the 5th Nov post launch, it won't leave us long to do the required run in period.

I've been told about this delay until the launch. But I haven't been told when that will be.

Has it been confirmed there is a required run in period? I took my GT4 to Sandown with 42kms on the OD - was told to just go for it. But I've heard the GT3's have this run in requirement, but not sure if its a MUST?

I also tried to ensure our cars weren't effected bu the fuel rail bolt stop sale but have heard crickets on that front.

I got told run in required for the GT4RS, and seems like there is some software limitation till you hit the required k's.  I took a GR Yaris straight to Targa High country and a Lotus Exige 420 straight to Sandown with delivery k's and no issues, so maybe I can do the same with this! 

In my opinion run-in is a furphy, designed to cover the factory's arse in case they gave you a 'friday' car. They have to warrant the thing regardless what you do due to Australian consumer law anyway.

If they're limiting the cars in software that is a new low. Oh wait - a subscription to heated seats is a thing with another maker so maybe not :Chuckle2:

On 03/10/2022 at 15:00, cafe_racer said:

Seems I was mistaken, customers can't take delivery till after PCA do a "launch" so will have to cancel a couple of track days.  A bit frustrating knowing it is sitting there ready to go, i'd rather be driving than going to some spectacle.

That's ridiculous. If the car is here, deliver it!

8 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Mine is sitting in a warehouse ready for collection in Essendon, awaiting good word from PCA post the "launch".  I had to cancel a couple of track days, I'm down for PI on the 8th Nov too, if we get the cars on the 5th Nov post launch, it won't leave us long to do the required run in period.

PCB told me the launch would be in October at Essendon airport so maybe your car is the star of the show?  I haven’t received an invite yet so I assume late Oct?   They’ll have a mutiny if they hold you blokes up for too long 😬

My 991.2 GT3 was one of the earliest in the country - it was almost two months before I got it even though it was here. The excuses were pretty lame, started off being about compliance, but by the end what they were saying was ridiculous. It amounted to "the car is in Freo, and we can't get it here" which was complete BS. I figured they were using it to show connected clients the car.

2 hours ago, WGA said:

Just got an allocation for a GT4 RS for next year! Now for endless hours on the configurator.

Hopefully that means you get the invite to the launch lunch in a few weeks time.

Am sure you will tick quite a few of the option boxes to replace your 3RS.

Qld launch is Nov 4-5 for the 4RS

43 minutes ago, HWY said:

Hopefully that means you get the invite to the launch lunch in a few weeks time.

Am sure you will tick quite a few of the option boxes to replace your 3RS.

Qld launch is Nov 4-5 for the 4RS

Yes, it will replace the 3RS but I don't intend to go over board with the configurator this time around. Its mots probably going to be white with blue wheels and blue accents to evoke the 996 GT3 RS I used to own.

My biggest dilemma is the Weissach pack. Apart from the stomach churning cost of $30K, I actually think the car looks better without it....except for one item...... the induction scoops on the rear windows. For these alone, I am seriously tempted. Wish you could configure these separately.

2 hours ago, HWY said:

Agree with Weissach- it is so expensive for cosmetic enhancements. I am considering this:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku718gt4cfit.html

Still not cheap but it does look great as you point out.

There is a manufacturer on Rennlist making replicas too - didn't see pricing but was insinuated about 1/2 that price.

10 hours ago, WGA said:

My biggest dilemma is the Weissach pack. Apart from the stomach churning cost of $30K, I actually think the car looks better without it....except for one item...... the induction scoops on the rear windows. For these alone, I am seriously tempted. Wish you could configure these separately.

I was determined not to go Weissach Pack because externally I’m not a fan of all the black bits as it is and the black bonnet makes it look a bit JDM racer.  So much so I contemplated ordering a black car so it all blends in….but I hate polishing.

I got sucked into the Weissach vortex by the time I placed an order 🤦‍♂️  The induction scoops were a big driver, definitely much better than the flat plastic ones.  And do they help create “that noise”……?  After seeing a couple of WP and non WP cars in the flesh, I decided the plastic dash has to go.  Cost of leather and Racetex dash is the same $3,300 or so but Racetex is only available as part of WP so that pulled me in.  Racetex seemed to me to suit the car.

WP added about $23k if you ditch the titanium cage and tick the no cost clubsport pack with steel cage instead.   That takes a $370k car to mid $390s (which includes $100k or so in LCT and Vic stamp duty…….nuts).   Either way it’s about the price of 2 used GT4s.

Also playing on my mind, I heard from factory and from the dealer that circa 90% are ordered with WP for both 3RS and 4RS.  Not sure how much truth there is to that, probably their marketing spiel to sucker most of us into ordering WP which no doubt has a slug more margin in it for Porsche.  Creates a bit of FOMO, do I want to be with the 90% cool kids or the 10% self assured minority.  Can’t see WP adding $23k in the used market.  But what the hell, price is stupid regardless of WP and I wanted it to feel as special as possible.  

in the end I gave up tying to rationalise WP as the car itself is not a rational purchase.  The conclusion in the end was, well, YOLO 😂

9 hours ago, HWY said:

Agree with Weissach- it is so expensive for cosmetic enhancements. I am considering this:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku718gt4cfit.html

Still not cheap but it does look great as you point out.

That’s $6,300 plus shipping plus local install 😲.  Makes the $23k Weissach Pack seem reasonable value 😂

Must be more money down in Vic than Qld as the SA told me only around 30% are ticking the Weissach option. 

I can understand getting it in overseas markets where it is much much cheaper than Aust but I was even having to close my eyes on the $8,800 dealer delivery fee. Sure am going to enjoy the launch lunch.