Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

Same as this arctic grey, blue wheels, black calipers.

The side by side images remind me that I really do prefer a painted bonnet. So before the order is locked, I may go back to non WP and leather dash.  Not sure.  Those bloody intakes......

I also opted for blue interior trims and belts as well as satin blue cage but I reckon the cage might go back to black.

Non WP Arctic Grey .JPG

WP Arctic grey.jpeg

DB Carbon is another mob that will no doubt offer the intakes aftermarket:

https://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/epages/61541539.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61541539/Categories/Porsche

You can also get the naca ducts in carbon which I'd do depending on the base colour of the car:

https://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/epages/61541539.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61541539/Products/1530/SubProducts/1530-0001&Currency=EUR

I'm going for white. First option I ticked was front axle lift.

Clubsport package but dealer won't be installing the fire extinguisher. Also heard that whilst the LED lights are still OK for Aust deliveries, Bose sound system is holding things up at manufacture. So be sure to tick that no cost option.

On 15/10/2022 at 13:27, Snowman said:

So I was just contacted by PCB. Launch night for them is Nov 4th - I can take my car on the 5th. Hopefully.

I was told the same by PCB and at Essendon Airport? Unfortunately I will miss the launch 👎🏻

7 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

For those interested here is a review from STG on the GT4RS as a daily.  He also helps with the question shall I or shall I not pick the WP

I like his content, a good enthusiasts point of view as opposed to Chris Harris drifting it one handed better than i'll ever be able to do with two.

yeah.....   I agree with DJM.   Cant watch STG or Mr JWW.  I have got to like Doug Demuro after his review of the 4RS. 

But each to their own. Great to have content to watch since it feels like so long ago since the car was announced.

40 minutes ago, DJM said:

Bit of a pointless review - I don’t think anyone is buying one as a daily 🤷‍♂️  Interesting but seemed to me to be more about a “different” review.

They do in Europe due to limited parking, so I’d say there are plenty who would daily it. Not a majority, but certainly enough people to make it a thing.

52 minutes ago, HWY said:

yeah.....   I agree with DJM.   Cant watch STG or Mr JWW.  I have got to like Doug Demuro after his review of the 4RS. 

But each to their own. Great to have content to watch since it feels like so long ago since the car was announced.

I can’t stand Doug. Reeks of a guy who doesn’t give a stuff about cars and is only playing a role. Same as Mr JWW just in a different way.

7 hours ago, sleazius said:

They do in Europe due to limited parking, so I’d say there are plenty who would daily it. Not a majority, but certainly enough people to make it a thing.

I can’t stand Doug. Reeks of a guy who doesn’t give a stuff about cars and is only playing a role. Same as Mr JWW just in a different way.

JWW lost me when he ordered his 4RS in Ruby Stone which just doesn’t suit the car so had it painted bright purple “the day it arrived”.  These prolific YouTubers content is too contrived and all about clicks.  

reminds me of reality TV (The Block anyone) - some of them start out OK and get more and more extreme and further from their original intent as they anxiously chase content to attract eyeballs.

On 18/10/2022 at 22:27, sleazius said:

You just basically described most YouTube car 'testers' 🙄 Most are just rich kids with nothing else to do, except spend daddy's money and describe themselves as 'influencers' to be popular

Different YouTubers appeal to different viewers I guess. Some presenters style and content might annoy while others don't.

From my perspective, I try and look past style (which I admit is really, really hard with some) and look for credibility. Mr JWW is a case is point, I am certainly not mad about his style, and only end up watching maybe very 2nd video he puts up, but in my eyes his credibility has grown. He has actively tried to turn himself to a pretty good steerer. He spent a year in the Caterham Racing Academy and a year campaigning a Praga R1 - a seriously fast aero car. And now, he is a very good pilot.

Which is the exact opposite to Doug Demuro who spends 90% of his videos talking to a static car then does a quick zip around the block, occasionally gassing the car along the way, while waxing lyrical about the cars handling, etc. AFAIK, he has never be seen on a track with any of the cars reviews. He has zero credibility. Just a talking brochure.

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

You just basically described most YouTube car 'testers' 🙄 Most are just rich kids with nothing else to do, except spend daddy's money and describe themselves as 'influencers' to be popular

I briefly watched that JWW bloke. What a knob! 

Supposedly Mr JWW is a very cruisy bloke in real life. But his online persona is cringe as f.

Doug's personal cars are 4 wheel drives, landrovers, landcruisers etc. He's definitely an enthusiast, but in a totally different sphere where you can't get the youtube views. Which is why he comes across the way he does. Completely fake with no substance or credibility to his opinions.

The credible "vloggers" actually have some motoring/journalist/engineering background and ideally can drive a car properly. At least, that is what used to be the currency. Now, if you are wealthy enough to not need to work, so you have loads of time to only walk around with a selfie stick then you too can be a car vlogging sensation. 

The vloggers program schedule; 

Video 1. Talk about the new car you are about to buy, spec etc.  

Video 2. Taking delivery of car. Walk around it and talk about how excited you are. 

Video 3. Talk about how you are going to mod it (Only visual/aesthetic treatments)

Video 4. Now time to sell car. 

And repeat..................as that is all the attention span anyone has. 

12 minutes ago, hugh said:

The credible "vloggers" actually have some motoring/journalist/engineering background and ideally can drive a car properly. At least, that is what used to be the currency. Now, if you are wealthy enough to not need to work, so you have loads of time to only walk around with a selfie stick then you too can be a car vlogging sensation. 

The vloggers program schedule; 

Video 1. Talk about the new car you are about to buy, spec etc.  

Video 2. Taking delivery of car. Walk around it and talk about how excited you are. 

Video 3. Talk about how you are going to mod it (Only visual/aesthetic treatments)

Video 4. Now time to sell car. 

And repeat..................as that is all the attention span anyone has. 

Which is why Shmee has finance on 30 cars :Chuckle2:

I think just as important as their driving skills is their level of impartiality/ independence. Mr JWW was outed by Chris Harris a while back on the GR Yaris when JWW asked Litchfield for cash to install their suspension mods on JWW's car.

I realise it's no different to Wheels mag knowing Hyundai is a big spender for advertising space. Or James Halliday getting boxes of free wine to sample and then possibly even give a review on.

Here is Doug's soapbox on the topic

11 minutes ago, HWY said:

I think just as important as their driving skills is their level of impartiality/ independence. Mr JWW was outed by Chris Harris a while back on the GR Yaris when JWW asked Litchfield for cash to install their suspension mods on JWW's car.

I realise it's no different to Wheels mag knowing Hyundai is a big spender for advertising space. Or James Halliday getting boxes of free wine to sample and then possibly even give a review on.

Here is Doug's soapbox on the topic

Faarrkk.  Never seen this guy before, lasted 30 secs before his voice made me turn if off!!!

8 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Faarrkk.  Never seen this guy before, lasted 30 secs before his voice made me turn if off!!!

His main audience is American. I think what he provides in their market is pretty good to be honest. Its just that there are a bunch of English guys who are far better (imo). 

Each to their own. I've heard plenty of people say Catchpole is a wanker, and he's one of my favs, so what do I know?

agree the Poms do it better in many things, particularly TV crime...

I also quite like Catchpole, although I only tend to watch stuff that has been shared via this site.  I also do like CH, although I do realise he has his own favourites.....

Very much gone off the former TG presenters......

When I met Sam (STG) and his wife Vicky.  They both came across as a really nice couple so I cannot understand why anyone would judge and sling insults at people they do not know.  If you don't like their You Tube content then it's easy don't watch it.  No need to get nasty.  Ok rant over.

On 19/10/2022 at 10:11, sleazius said:

Supposedly Mr JWW is a very cruisy bloke in real life. But his online persona is cringe as f.

Doug's personal cars are 4 wheel drives, landrovers, landcruisers etc. He's definitely an enthusiast, but in a totally different sphere where you can't get the youtube views. Which is why he comes across the way he does. Completely fake with no substance or credibility to his opinions.

He does have a Ford GT, so it is not all off roaders, but I agree it doesn't mean he is able to use it as intended.

Staying relevant on YouTube is a crazy moving target, which is why I never bothered chasing the views like that (and why my channel will always be a slow burn).

I do give them credit though, as it is hard work trying to chase the 'algorithm'. Like STG's street driving the GT4. Everyone else is doing track reviews, and you know there are still going to be a bunch of owners who don't track it and just bought it because it is the new exclusive thing. 

10 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

When I met Sam (STG) and his wife Vicky.  They both came across as a really nice couple so I cannot understand why anyone would judge and sling insults at people they do not know.  If you don't like their You Tube content then it's easy don't watch it.  No need to get nasty.  Ok rant over.

Fair point. I've deleted my post...

But! I have met him personally...twice, and after a private message to me on social media being an arrogant smart mouth when I was trying to help out, I shall refrain from calling him a name on here that I would definitely call him to his face