Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

12 hours ago, DJM said:

Go to the configurator.  Shows standard and optional colours

There’s a long list of colours if you cough up for Paint to Sample circa $20k

The configurator is not the same as seeing them in the wild. Signal yellow is not really my first choice for a lot of 911's but the pics I have seen on the GT4RS seems to really work.

Time to end this boring monochrome monotony that plagues our roads these days :D 

11 hours ago, sleazius said:

Pastel Orange and Signal Yellow are on my short list and have been for 10 years for GT cars. Pure Green is just RS Green right?

Pure Green (Y56) is close to RS Green (2DB) but they are not the same. Pure Green has a bit more yellow and pops a lot more in sunshine. You can see the difference in the photo where the two colours are side by side.

image.thumb.jpeg.6ba32a131b86cee561108715a0f06496.jpeg

Its so hard to get an accurate representation from samples or the configurator. Some colours you struggle to photograph as well. Makes it very hard to make an informed decision without seeing a car in that colour in person.

Miami is one that seriously throws me. In person in the shade or low light I do not like the colour at all, in full sun it looks good. In photos it looks lighter than it is and more blue, closer to Riviera (it is nothing like it in real life). Really hard colour to capture accurately. It doesn't help that the majority of people are looking at photos on their phone and iphones especially screw with the colour balance and brightness to make things look better than they are.

200km in the GT4RS…

keeping it under 6k rpm is somewhat of a challenge. The urge to plant it is real! The car sounds very cool. The gt3 engine is far more lively (versus gt4), gear changes are rapid quick, and gearing nice and short. Able to use 3rd and 4th in the Adelaide hills where it was hard to leave 2nd in the gt4. Car feels very special to drive. Even when idling outside the car you can hear the vents behind you trying to suck in air.

While I haven’t heard 9k rpm yet, currently the noise in the cabin is fine thus far. This is coming from a guy who had a race exhaust on a gt4, so take that as you will. It sounds like a mouse compared to what I am used to. 

suspension is quite bouncy on bad roads. But again, I am quite used to hard suspension so this was to be expected. I’ll track once 1500km comes up. Trying to knock 100km a night. 

glad I purchased the FAL for peace of mind. Very easy to clear most problems.

Interior I like. I like the combo between buttons and touch pad. Even though it’s pcm 4.0 it’s better then the 981 system. Apple play works well. Race tex dash is very cool. The deep sea blue interior could be brighter, it almost looks black with limited light. Miami blue would have been better to make the colour pop. I had the steel cage painted and belts in matching colour.

next update when i hit 1500km and use launch control!

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

I bet it'd be a fun thing on the smooth Montacute and Marble Hill roads @wirthO 👍

Love that road in the air cooled 

I was talking to my friend last night who came out with me, who has a 992 gt3. We discussed the same road! I’ll try and get there over the coming days. It should be lovely for the setup.

That rear window crack has been complained about on rennlist. Its a common problem supposedly.

I watch most of Harry's reviews and that was pretty standard. He's an old bloke at this stage so his opinions are never going to 100% gel with someone much younger. You only have to look at his favourite cars aka the ones he owns to get a sense that dynamic purity at least at this stage of his life is not something that appeals. His favourite car is a Countach :Chuckle2:

The reason I watch Harry is he never goes near a track, and drives crummy roads which are pretty much the conditions we have here.

Yes, agree that Harrys car preferences are a bit, how shall I say, "niche". His love of his Lancia Fulvia and Lambo Espada says it all really.

Even so, I have watched Harrys videos ever since he launched on Youtube years ago as I kind of relate to what he says...but I just found his 4RS review to be a bit off compared to some of his others.  BTW, I am also an avid watcher of his Harry's Farm stuff.

One of the reasons I like to watch his stuff is that I have driven "Harry's Road" on a number of occasions in various machines including 991.2 GT3 RS, 991.2 GT3 Touring, 964 RS, 997.2 GT3 RS, etc. It's just outside the very pretty town of Burford in the Cotswolds. While UK country roads can be pretty gnarly at the best of times, the roads in the Cotswolds are actually not that bad compared to most parts of the UK.

IMG_0597.jpeg

32 minutes ago, WGA said:

Even so, I have watched Harrys videos ever since he launched on Youtube years ago as I kind of relate to what he says...but I just found his 4RS review to be a bit off compared to some of his others.  BTW, I am also an avid watcher of his Harry's Farm stuff.

896480840_GOPR0381trim720.mov
24.27 MB · 0 downloads

The one that I found that was really off was his original 992 GT3 review. He then turned around and stated in this video he'd rather have the GT3 over the GT4 RS. I think he meant he'd rather have the GT3 touring over the GT4 RS.

He probably doesn't want to be seen in a car with a huge wing more than anything.

4 hours ago, WGA said:

latest Harrys Garage. Not one of his most coherent reviews I think.

I think out of the current Porsche range his favourite has been the 911 Turbo S or maybe even the Boxster Spyder manual.  He likes what he likes, despite throwing superlatives at the previous 991.2 GT3   

15 minutes ago, HWY said:

I think out of the current Porsche range his favourite has been the 911 Turbo S or maybe even the Boxster Spyder manual.  He likes what he likes, despite throwing superlatives at the previous 991.2 GT3   

Take a look at his manual 992 GTS review. He really, really liked that car and rated it higher than the GT3 as a road car.