Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

So Brighton had 4 cars last night. White, Black, Shark Blue and Artic Silver. 

Hard to take pics because they had these shitty coloured lights in the room. 

My main take from it was these cars are way hotter in the flesh. Also I think Weisachs is imperative. The only non WP car there just looked like a normal GT4. The carbon intakes and side pods are so much bigger and give the car such extra presence. 

33A1D0CB-0E87-4F8D-BC27-95B333BBBABE.jpeg

43E4268A-6696-4637-BB56-7C9C856271A5.jpeg

26433B99-7FDF-4072-A352-FDDBB20ECE2C.jpeg

MineED9D5A8E-8877-4A9C-AC3F-A4B75D27787C.thumb.jpeg.97c1ffc01d8206ec457b610f71d010aa.jpeg

14 minutes ago, HWY said:

Who's going to get Ruby Star Neo?  It's only $6k now instead of PTS

PCGC only had one Guards Red with WP at their launch.

I would love Ruby Star on a GT3 Touring or a GTS (indeed if I was ordering my GT3 Touring now, it would be Ruby Star for sure)  but I just don't think it looks right on the 4RS with the wing and all the carbon of the WP. I am going to stick with White/Blue or maybe Red/Gold.

Can't help but feel that there might just be a few disappointed buyers once they hear the sound of the car on the outside.

Everyone raves on about the sound inside, which is a truly epic GT3-like high pitched scream...BUT...on the outside they sound absolutely nothing like that.

Indeed, they sound more like a slightly angrier GT4. There is absolutely none of the GT3 scream. And that's because of the exhaust design where there is no centre merge point like the exhaust on a GT3. So what you are effectively hearing is 2 x 3cyl 2.0l engines!

I suspect quite a few owners will be looking to swap out the standard exhaust for one of the 3rd party ones, such as JCR, in an effort to make the outside sound like the inside.

Here are two sound bites from my Spa adventure which demonstrates the flat tone of the RS under load out of La Source.

1 hour ago, WGA said:

Can't help but feel that there might just be a few disappointed buyers once they hear the sound of the car on the outside.

Everyone raves on about the sound inside, which is a truly epic GT3-like high pitched scream...BUT...on the outside they sound absolutely nothing like that.

Indeed, they sound more like a slightly angrier GT4. There is absolutely none of the GT3 scream. And that's because of the exhaust design where there is no centre merge point like the exhaust on a GT3. So what you are effectively hearing is 2 x 3cyl 2.0l engines!

I suspect quite a few owners will be looking to swap out the standard exhaust for one of the 3rd party ones, such as JCR, in an effort to make the outside sound like the inside.

Here are two sound bites from my Spa adventure which demonstrates the flat tone of the RS under load out of La Source.

Its well known at this point surely? Aftermarket exhaust was always going to be the way to go for a lot of guys. I'm just glad Porsche is still making a car like this. They won't be able to keep making them much longer.

40 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Its well known at this point surely? Aftermarket exhaust was always going to be the way to go for a lot of guys. I'm just glad Porsche is still making a car like this. They won't be able to keep making them much longer.

Maybe not as widely known as you might expect.

At the launch the other night, not one prospective owner I spoke to was aware  of the difference in sound. Generally, they mostly thought it was going to sound like a GT3 on the outside because very few youtube videos have said anything about this. They have all focused on the inside sound.

It doesn't affect me. I will take the car as is. Besides, I have yet to hear a 3rd party exhaust that is not highly obnoxious. Plus they all tend to sound somewhat artificial.

2 hours ago, WGA said:

I’m tempted to just take the OPF material out like some in the US have done on their 992 gt3’s. Unsure if there is a sensor in the AU cars to detect its removal. 

Also can someone let me know how the harnesses are attached to their cars. Via the roll bar or to the firewall?

thanks

6 hours ago, WGA said:

You get to enjoy the sound inside without feeling like a twat with a loud exhaust outside.  That’s perfect.

On 05/11/2022 at 18:23, Snowman said:

F9BBDEBE-BBD3-41D0-AB03-80CB434C0B2C.jpeg

I need to try and do some interior shots. Have blue interior, blue belts and cage and white dash. I think it looks awesome 

So for the lucky bastards who have taken delivery……….how’s the first couple days been?  I’ve watched all the rave reviews but nothing like hearing it from an Aussie owner.

3552D26D-8D41-445B-A0E1-62A2BED85CD7.jpeg

8562C946-2DAD-496C-82C7-BAE0BB06E939.jpeg

I need to try and do some interior shots. Have blue interior, blue belts and cage and white dash. I think it looks awesome 

3552D26D-8D41-445B-A0E1-62A2BED85CD7.jpeg

8562C946-2DAD-496C-82C7-BAE0BB06E939.jpeg

This spec looks great. Bravo! Looking forward to hearing review from the island

Picked up the car Saturday from Porsche Doncaster, excellent delivery and new car experience.  I did some big run in k's over sunday/monday so that I could get the car to 9k rpm.  Nothing like a long drive up the Hume to get to know a car.  Coming from a lotus and some older 911's this seemed like spacious luxury on the fwy!

First session out I was doing 1:46's and got a couple of seconds off that throughout the day as I got used to the car, it has a lot more to give than I was able to do today.  Turn in was precise, sound was excellent.  A few tweaks to make with setup (needs more camber in the front and some toe in on the rear).  But aside from being quick it was also extremely fun to drive and felt very approachable at limits on some of the slower corners.  I kept traction fully on today, however look forwards to making some setup changes and getting traction off with this in future.  It squirmed a bit under braking, however the computers did a good job of making me feel like I was a better driver than I am.  Just need to get a harness put in now.  Next is Challenge Bathurst later this month.

k3z0kJl.jpeg

3nyZjT5.jpg