30 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Just took mine out on suburban roads to have a look at a Targa. Far out, these things are wanker magnets with them tailgating and just pulling out in front of you! 

Never driving mine again in traffic, as that SUCKS! Need an auto Landcruiser with a big midi gun attached to the hood! 

got your solution....

20190628_192222.jpg

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

A mate used to have spark plugs taped to his Harley handlebars 😁 

That's why they sound crap. Would be better screwed into the heads. 😀

16 hours ago, LeeM said:

I've found Vic drivers to be considerate and courteous, and let you in on feeder roads or you wanting to pass them. It does happen here, but rarely in my experience 

You sure you were in Victoria???

So the good news today qjas that I scored some well needed work. Heres that reason for a vent

As part of the new job, I have to do a Police check. No worries, I'll fill it out online, pay the $45 and I'm done, what could go wrong? 

"You must supply proof of citizenship". No worries, I'm an Australian citizen, so I'll take a pic of the papers and my birth certificate and send them off...hmmm...where are my papers? HOURS of searching in every box in and out of the house came to nothing, so I had to apply for a replacement. $190 thanks! What the? 😳 That's just the start of it! 

The online form through the immigration website JUST to do that took me 6 hours...SIX HOURS! 'Do you have citizenship papers?' No. 'Please upload the correct papers' Errr...click no again. Repeat 20 times (literally). That happened on EVERY ONE of the 20 pages having to re enter bits n bobs 🤬

I clicked the icon that my dad (parent 1) is deceased...'Where does parent one reside?' 🤬 'What date did you attain citizenship?' I dunno, I was a kid! You get the idea of the struggle. A mate is ex immigration department, and even he was trying to help to no avail.

Came to the last page to upload drivers license and portrait photo. Same thing with at least 10 attempts, and a box in red saying 'You must upload...' I DID YOU MORONS! Then all of a sudden it came to pay the money and it's done. THE most frustrating thing I've ever done online. And that's just for a replacement certificate! How I didn't smash my laptop to bits is amazing! 

If I find those damn papers one day...🤬🤬🤬

10 hours ago, Dalai said:

Good news regarding work!

Cheers mate 👍 Just got an email from immigration wanting everything I attached to be sent again because apparently I didnt send them! Funny, it says 'attached and sent' on my documents! 🙄 Kill me now

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Cheers mate 👍 Just got an email from immigration wanting everything I attached to be sent again because apparently I didnt send them! Funny, it says 'attached and sent' on my documents! 🙄 Kill me now

Your tax dollars built their web site, well spent again govt! 

PS, congrats on the new job.

4 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Your tax dollars built their web site, well spent again govt! 

PS, congrats on the new job.

Cheers mate. Even though I was unemployed for just 3 weeks (first time for me), I can assure you the amount of rejections...err...jobs I applied for and getting knocked back for whatever reason (like not possessing a license/ticket to box up shoes...) had me thinking we were in big trouble within a month or two. Very disheartening and bloody scary, yet I now understand how hard it is for those on benefits who are genuine job seekers. 

Oh well, saved by the bell, and I'm happy just to be working again 👍

As for the gubberment...I don't need to say anything more 😁🙄

On 02/10/2019 at 00:17, LeeM said:

Aus immigration site : we suck to use!

US immigration : hold my beer

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

Aus immigration site : we suck to use!

US immigration : hold my beer

I've lost my citizenship papers, yet they want me to supply my Australian citizenship papers to confirm my identity 😳🤯🤪

Unsure if this should be a vent, yet what a difference 5 hours makes!

Found all my citizenship, birth certificate and passport papers when I was looking for something else 🙄 Not sure if I'm angry or elated! 

Now I wonder if I'll get the $190 application fee back from the government? 🤣🤣

• 3 weeks later...

I got a problem . What is it with media always talking up the weather . 36 degrees in Adelaide tomorrow and it's called a scorcher a heat wave. Journalist asking people how they will be beating the heat . Seems the agenda is scare mongering when it just used be called normal .

Over and out

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

I got a problem . What is it with media always talking up the weather . 36 degrees in Adelaide tomorrow and it's called a scorcher a heat wave. Journalist asking people how they will be beating the heat . Seems the agenda is scare mongering when it just used be called normal .

Over and out

Nobody watches that crap any more.  So they have to hype everything hard hard hard, to sell the increasingly worthless slots between hype, BS and crap.  

The Packers saw the writing on the wall and exited out of the media business.  The suckers are still there thinking it’s about to turn around ... any moment now... maybe we can get that kochie knob to spend all day speaking crap...then people will put down their devices and tune in...

I love the way journalists/presenters say "Stay inside during the heatwave..." So I have a day off and don't get paid ay? 🙄

It's Australia, it gets hot. It's not fkn Greenland! 

Funny how the media are hell bent on having a go at the government secrecy shit, yet they edit and create stories themselves for ratings. Hypocrisy at it's best