8 hours ago, wilson59 said:

My kids will be able to start lawnmowers you get what you put in . I blame the generation before

Well your more than welcome to teach my teenage daughters :)

i have tried for years ...they now every thing :P🤣

You're not going to believe this but it's happened again (see my previous post on this thread).

Same thing (almost) and on the same road, same scenario and only about 500 metres from the previous incident.

This time it's a young fellow about 19 with the druggie look, you know the type longish straggly hair, wisp of fluff on his face that he is trying to pass of as a beard and all attitude and you owe me everything for nothing.

Again I want to turn right on a one way road so he wants to cross from my side to the other but instead of crossing before my turn out (LHS of my turnout) he crosses on the RHS right where I want to turn.

He looks at me, I have my blinker on and I start turning and he then decides to walk right in front of me. Traffic is bearing down on us.

Rather than run he dawdles deliberately all the time smiling at me with this f#$k you attitude.

So it's attitude you want it's attitude I'll give.so I give it the berries and the wheels spin and he decides this nut job is going to run me over (I wish) and he runs and of course the standard middle finger comes up from him.

Now he's lucky because my car is front wheel drive and lights up pretty easily so is more bark than bite but if I had a rear wheel drive I would have given him a nice little nudge with the rear end to remind him that if you want to play with the big boys you better be prepared to get hurt.

I'm mean really what do these f@#kwits think is going to happen when you deliberately walk in front a  vehicle on a busy main road.

Now I would never do this in a Porsche, I don't want to dent my car.

Sorry again rant over and I feel better (again).😀

10 minutes ago, 3legs said:

You're not going to believe this but it's happened again (see my previous post on this thread).

Same thing (almost) and on the same road, same scenario and only about 500 metres from the previous incident.

This time it's a young fellow about 19 with the druggie look, you know the type longish straggly hair, wisp of fluff on his face that he is trying to pass of as a beard and all attitude and you owe me everything for nothing.

Again I want to turn right on a one way road so he wants to cross from my side to the other but instead of crossing before my turn out (LHS of my turnout) he crosses on the RHS right where I want to turn.

He looks at me, I have my blinker on and I start turning and he then decides to walk right in front of me. Traffic is bearing down on us.

Rather than run he dawdles deliberately all the time smiling at me with this f#$k you attitude.

So it's attitude you want it's attitude I'll give.so I give it the berries and the wheels spin and he decides this nut job is going to run me over (I wish) and he runs and of course the standard middle finger comes up from him.

Now he's lucky because my car is front wheel drive and lights up pretty easily so is more bark than bite but if I had a rear wheel drive I would have given him a nice little nudge with the rear end to remind him that if you want to play with the big boys you better be prepared to get hurt.

I'm mean really what do these f@#kwits think is going to happen when you deliberately walk in front a  vehicle on a busy main road.

One more time and the evidence will speak for itself

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

if you had run over the first one, word would have got out

3 hours ago, 3legs said:

…..Now he's lucky because my car is front wheel drive and lights up pretty easily so is more bark than bite but if I had a rear wheel drive I would have given him a nice little nudge with the rear end to remind him that if you want to play with the big boys you better be prepared to get hurt...….

I'm not convinced that this is the right approach to helping someone with an attitude.  Verbal or even hand based gestures are probably the better way.  Actually hitting someone with either a fist or an object (small or large) is not the way forward in my opinion.  And, in my opinion once again, suggesting on a public forum that you'd be prepared to hit someone with your car to prove a point is not such a good idea either. 

Move on, let them be who they are while you go on about your own business is probably the better pathway - less grief for all parties in both short and long term.

49 minutes ago, jakroo said:

I'm not convinced that this is the right approach to helping someone with an attitude.  Verbal or even hand based gestures are probably the better way.  Actually hitting someone with either a fist or an object (small or large) is not the way forward in my opinion.  And, in my opinion once again, suggesting on a public forum that you'd be prepared to hit someone with your car to prove a point is not such a good idea either. 

Move on, let them be who they are while you go on about your own business is probably the better pathway - less grief for all parties in both short and long term.

You are absolutely right and thankfully age has mellowed me down a lot hence why my intention was only to scare not actually hit.

Was it the right thing to do? No

Should I have been more mature about my response? Yes.

Did I take great delight in watching him shit himself and hopefully giving him a lesson at the same time? You betchya😀

Like the idiot who played frogger with me today.  I’m second of two cars traveling along an otherwise empty street. Matey decided to run across between me and the car in front.  

First instinct is to stop and belt him. The more rational side stopped any action.  

I don’t like being put in a situation where I might be involved in hurting someone even if they deserve it. 

Had a clown (SA plates) play games with me on the two lane Calder fwy (110 limit) heading into Melbourne this afternoon. 

Cruising along at 110 ish (wife in car so behaving well. )  As I came up behind, indicated and moved to the right lane, idiot speeds up enough that I bailed out and let him go.  Moved back to left lane and he also moved back.  Slows to 105 ahead of me  

After a few minutes I go to pass again, same antics from  our SA visitor  😡

Third go, same result except this prick brake checked me after I pulled in behind 🤬🤬🤬

Short of running him into  the gutter, what do you do?  

Eventually the traffic blocked him in and I passed and travelled on. 🖕

I did nothing to provoke him. I wasn’t driving like dick deserving such treatment  

I can only think it was a case of jealous/envious driver feeling the shame of driving a shabby Dodge Journey SUV and taking his frustrations out on an easy target.  He can take that shitty attitude back over the border. Not welcome here!

Brake checking is in the license handbook here in SA mate. If you can't prove you can brake check, you won't get your license. Same as middle finger waving, vocally expelling certain expletives like "Move over ya caaaahn!" (That's a certain license theory fail if you dont get that right) and a few other things.

Honestly, most SA drivers are fkn idiots mate, so you have to become one of them and treat them accordingly

2 hours ago, Harvs11 said:

So it’s a South Australian trait.  I was trying to be polite.  Once again 🖕to that. 

Not you, Lee. You’d never behave so irrationally being so level minded and well mannered. 😉

Wanna bet? Tradie in a van mate. I wrote the book, and have instructional videos on brake checking and finger waving! 😁 

SA drivers are known for it mate. I've found Vic drivers to be considerate and courteous, and let you in on feeder roads or you wanting to pass them. It does happen here, but rarely in my experience 

5 hours ago, Harvs11 said:

Aaah.  Clapped out white vans driven by cranky old farts who no longer care and invincible P plater  Hiluxes. Love ‘em. 

Just back from lunch in Yea, with the little woman and in the BBC.  

And your right Harvs, the P plater in the Toyota Twin cab is alive and well.   You have picked them in one.

We were in the BBC sitting on the speed limit, maybe a couple of K's above.   then yep...the tailgate.....

All I can see in the rear view is a set of CIBIE Super Oscars or whatever these wankers put on now a days...

Traffic is quite heavy, with the caravans, trailers and horse floats all coming home from the 3 day holiday.   

So no one can go anywhere or any faster....

Then when its overtaking lane time, same again, up our clacker as we pass the slower left hand laners.  (I'm doing about ten k over the limit)  

Then I move to the left to let him go, as he does, only to try and force his way in with the cars in front now doing the merge where two lanes become one again.

Then I meet him again at the roundabout near Yarra Glenn, he's again behind me...but not for long.  

Barrells through on the left passing me who was in the right in traffic, and then does his right turn from that left lane (which was legal enough) 

Only to again cause mayhem when everyone in front is doing a proper and legal merge.

No...F&%#kstick has to try and pass one more car, as the vergers are starting to merge.   Chaos.

And just being a bit more picky...his green rear P plate 75% obscured behind his number plate.

Spankers....and they vote....God help us.   

Just took mine out on suburban roads to have a look at a Targa. Far out, these things are wanker magnets with them tailgating and just pulling out in front of you! 

Never driving mine again in traffic, as that SUCKS! Need an auto Landcruiser with a big midi gun attached to the hood!